Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments
Could we assume that it is another AES-modulated sound then, Griffith?
No, it implies the opposite - the HSV doesn't use AES. It uses the same sound as it did in GT5, which didn't have AES.

It's possible the engine sound is much louder than usual, combined with a more realistic AES exhaust tuning than we've heard yet, but it's hard to tell from the recording (and is somewhat unlikely anyway, because it would sound weird in replays).

Direct feed needed.

Leave it to update while you do something else... I really don't see why luck is needed for that?

One thing I did notice is that being a french car they seemed to have designed it to be a right hand drive, I would've thought they would make it a left hooker.
I know it don't matter on a race track but I think deep down they realised that the right hand drive layout is obviously the correct way of doing things ( aka the British way ) :)

I know it [right-hand drive] don't matter on a race track<...>

Actually, it does. Race cars are RHD for several reasons: the most important probably being that most racetracks are run clockwise and have a prevalence of right-hand corners; therefore, the driver has better visibility if he's seated on the right side of the car. There are also other advantages to RHD: for example, usually it's the right side of the car that faces the pits; this allows for simpler communication with the pit staff and safer driver changes during endurance races.

By the time you install the updates we'll be playing GT7:sly:

...........Ouch, that's a low blow. :lol:

Anyways, will this car grace my boob tube before or after Geneva motor show, I wonder. Hopefully before, but hey, it's PDI, so anything can happen...

Actually, it does. Race cars are RHD for several reasons: the most important probably being that most racetracks are run clockwise and have a prevalence of right-hand corners; therefore, the driver has better visibility if he's seated on the right side of the car. There are also other advantages to RHD: for example, usually it's the right side of the car that faces the pits; this allows for simpler communication with the pit staff and safer driver changes during endurance races.

Do you know i never actually paid attention to that.... even after all these years.

Well you learn something new everyday, thank you for pointing that out, being British it didn't occur to me because we naturally drive on the right ( the correct side ) of the road anyway :)

Here are pics of the Alpine VGT Racing Gear helmet in 2 different colors

i1xSqtx50ORU2b.jpg

i1vp3zFtAhjgC.jpg

Another Detailed interior too.

i1nmA130NPyVz.jpg

Its interesting that the open top VGT that get interiors, also get VGT Racing gear. The Chaparral is a little different, its kinda open top for the helmet, and it has a detailed interior , but I think its built in helmet is as much VGT gear as it gets because the drivers body is enclosed.

I wish there was another open top VGT in the pipeline. If the next one has a detailed interior as I suspect it will, Im suspecting it may also come with racing gear.

The blue car also has different details aside from just the wing, it has different center lights and canards.

Last edited:
I think it is great to see such differences on a VGT car. Both versions of this Alpine looks amazing and the update cannot come quick enough for me. Does anyone know if the these parts - Wing and different lights - are part of a separate model like the Mercedes-Benz VGT or can we purchase the in GT Auto?

@LastMan, I am loving your Mini VGT style avatar car. Looks fabulous!

I think it is great to see such differences on a VGT car. Both versions of this Alpine looks amazing and the update cannot come quick enough for me. Does anyone know if the these parts - Wing and different lights - are part of a separate model like the Mercedes-Benz VGT or can we purchase the in GT Auto?

@LastMan, I am loving your Mini VGT style avatar car. Looks fabulous!

It if it is going to be like the Mercedes, the car will have separate versions. Unless the colours remain on the same model, which in that case would mean that you can buy the same car in three different colours, and buying the blue/orange car would automatically add the spoiler. I don't think you could buy extra parts in GT Auto, since no VGT allows for aero customization, unless PD wants to suprise us...

Here are pics of the Alpine VGT Racing Gear helmet in 2 different colors

View attachment 305021

View attachment 305022

Another Detailed interior too.

View attachment 305024

Its interesting that the open top VGT that get interiors, also get VGT Racing gear. The Chaparral is a little different, its kinda open top for the helmet, and it has a detailed interior , but I think its built in helmet is as much VGT gear as it gets because the drivers body is enclosed.

I wish there was another open top VGT in the pipeline. If the next one has a detailed interior as I suspect it will, Im suspecting it may also come with racing gear.

The blue car also has different details aside from just the wing, it has different center lights and canards.
I think there's also this black version of the helmet unless I'm not seeing things correctly.
It'd be great to have all those racing gear for our avatars.
alpine-vision-gt-10-30.jpg

I think there's also this black version of the helmet unless I'm not seeing things correctly.
It'd be great to have all those racing gear for our avatars.
alpine-vision-gt-10-30.jpg

I checked a few angles and originally thought there was 3 colours, but It appears as though the White and Black car have the same gear on while in some angles (like the one you posted) it looks different.

Black Car

dark2.png

White car

white.png

Hard to say for sure, its very possible there are 3 colours.

Back