Alpine VGT is now Released! Available on recent 1.17 Patch. Wallpaper from last video now available!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 655 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Alpine VGT has been Relased. Download the new 1.17 patch to obtain it.

The "Normal" Alpine VGT:
View attachment 332364
View attachment 332365

And the Race Mode version.
View attachment 332362

The car looks cool and light but the flapping brake pad is still stupid:
View attachment 332356

What i like about this car is the HUD is 4 layered. Too Awesome:
View attachment 332357
View attachment 332358 View attachment 332359
View attachment 332361
The Airscoop can be used as a frame:
View attachment 332363
Alpine VGT is now Revealed! Possibly Coming This January 1.
Alpine VGT is now Revealed! Possibly Coming This January 2.
Alpine VGT is now Revealed! Possibly Coming This January 3.
Alpine VGT is now Revealed! Possibly Coming This January 4.
Alpine VGT is now Revealed! Possibly Coming This January 5.
B8YX9chIIAACuya.jpg

B8YX-tRIcAAF4Uh.jpg

B8YXXchIEAEnLWk.jpg:large

More pics on that all link :)

Last edited:
This does look pretty cool and I cannot wait to find out some technical details.

VGT has given us some wonderful cars to date and we are due so many more too. Lamborghini, I'm waiting...

The VGT thread has a decent discussion and comparison ongoing if you want.

It's odd to see how many times has Alpine's design changed: it went from "pivoting car" to "two bonded bodies" to "futuristic speeder", while having several teaser images on the brand's Twitter page. Not that I'm complaning though, it still looks really unique in its own way.

If these are indeed the final designs, it might actually become only the 3rd VGT car (after the VW and the Chaparral) to have a modeled interior during racing. (cars whose interiors appear only in Photomode don't count). I can't wait to see the finished product, and if it isn't paintable, at least it should have a cool livery to go with it.

I was kinda hoping they'd go with their previous teaser (like in my avatar) but this one looks pretty cool too.. I do hope it'll be paintable.. it gives a lot more use to the car, 'cos a whole field of the same colored (or only a hand full of color options) cars sucks big time..

I was kinda hoping they'd go with their previous teaser (like in my avatar) but this one looks pretty cool too.. I do hope it'll be paintable.. it gives a lot more use to the car, 'cos a whole field of the same colored (or only a hand full of color options) cars sucks big time..

Or at least provide more than one colour for the car. That helps too. Cars like the Infiniti VGT come in many colours, while cars like the Mazda only have one. Hopefully PD\Alpine goes for the first rather than the latter...

Unlikely ;)

Date of show where Alpine VGT will be presented : 01/28/2015 - 02/01/2015

So, you believe that it would be a February car? If that's the case, what VGT car would come in January? Usually there's at least one VGT car per month.

Unlikely ;)

Date of show where Alpine VGT will be presented : 01/28/2015 - 02/01/2015

Nope. That show goes on for 5 days, 4 of those being in January. 28th is a Wednesday so it could be released on that day alongside it's unveiling at the show. It's more than likely it'll be released in January if that is the case.

Nope. That show goes on for 5 days, 4 of those being in January. 28th is a Wednesday so it could be released on that day alongside it's unveiling at the show. It's more than likely it'll be released in January if that is the case.

That could be. It could be unveiled during the 2nd or 3rd day of the event, and that's still January. Lest PD decides to only add the car during early February...

It resembles alot of Alpine's old le mans race cars, especially the rear "side wings".

View attachment 285927

The old Twitter teasers also had that design cue, the long tail and the "side wings". The only difference is that the original Twitter images showed a crazier-looking car.

Proud to be an "Alpine Boy!" :D

It seems like this car teased by automoto.fr is the road version of the other one posted earlier on twitter. I don't want to speak too fast but we could have both. :)

Proud to be an "Alpine Boy!" :D

It seems like this car teased by automoto.fr is the road version of the other one posted earlier on twitter. I don't want to speak too fast but we could have both. :)

Possible, but rather unlikely. The only VGT car that had two versions was the Mercedes (and we still never know why did it have two versions), no other VGT brand released two versions of one VGT. The Automoto.fr sketch will probably be the one we get and the one to be unveiled at Paris.

There appears to be a two body thing going on with the aero, still . There's an inner teardrop shaped bit and the outer gubbins to house those pesky wheels.

I eagerly await details, assuming there's any kind of engineering motivation for its form, and not "just" design.

There appears to be a two body thing going on with the aero, still . There's an inner teardrop shaped bit and the outer gubbins to house those pesky wheels.

I eagerly await details, assuming there's any kind of engineering motivation for its form, and not "just" design.

Speaking of that tear drop area, where would be the car's tailights? In the inner side of the "side wings"? The exhaust exits would be in the center of the tear drop, I'd take it. And the two body thing still exisiting within these sketches? Guess Alpine wouldn't just take that idea away from the car completely...

Latest Posts

Back