Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Revealed

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 61 comments
It looks like a serious racer with inspiration from Hot Wheels. See here:
Carros-R9-RD-09.JPG

What does everyone make of these Tweets?
They are tweeted by Alpine and then disappear a short while afterwards. Are they meant to be a clever marketing tool that increases the hype and has been orchestrated by PolyD, or is this an eager manufacturer leaking pics that they should not be?
They have some quite nice sketches which were done by Alpine, so Alpine would have free reign to do what they will with them. But they also have some game play screen shots which indicate that the car has been inputted into the game to be tested (at the very least) and makes me wonder how Alpine got them in an official capacity, and why they suddenly disappear.
This is not the first time external companies have released info (on FB, Twitter, etc) relating to Gran Turismo and then the removed the post.
I fail to understand why PolyD don't just make some sort of official release, lets say monthly just saying, this month there will be 1 update and you will get... I am convinced that the updates are preplanned, and making a release would increase the hype associated with the game, which in turn would keep fans happy and entice more people to buy the game.

What does everyone make of these Tweets?
They are tweeted by Alpine and then disappear a short while afterwards. Are they meant to be a clever marketing tool that increases the hype and has been orchestrated by PolyD, or is this an eager manufacturer leaking pics that they should not be?
They have some quite nice sketches which were done by Alpine, so Alpine would have free reign to do what they will with them. But they also have some game play screen shots which indicate that the car has been inputted into the game to be tested (at the very least) and makes me wonder how Alpine got them in an official capacity, and why they suddenly disappear.
This is not the first time external companies have released info (on FB, Twitter, etc) relating to Gran Turismo and then the removed the post.
I fail to understand why PolyD don't just make some sort of official release, lets say monthly just saying, this month there will be 1 update and you will get... I am convinced that the updates are preplanned, and making a release would increase the hype associated with the game, which in turn would keep fans happy and entice more people to buy the game.
Those were photoshops, and Alpine jumped the gun on showing it off since they were deleted.

If the other VGTs are anything to go by, tuning won't be an option.

By my count more VGT's can be tuned then those that cant't. If the other VGT's are anything to go by it can go both ways. Majority of VGT can be tuned, but the more recent VGT's can't. It can go either way.

Really? When I looked, it seemed like you could do nothing to any of them (With the Exception of the Aston Martin and the ability to put snow tires on it).

Looks surprisingly sexy for a VGT, assuming it's the actual car we're getting. I just hope there's a proper cockpit view.

The Horror! A Dieppe One!

She has Long Tail Fins, Bald Head, Unblinking headlamps - Innsmouth chic.
The ears shrink, the eyes bulge and become unblinking, the head narrows and gradually goes bald, the skin becomes scabrous as it changes into scales, and the neck develops folds which later become gills. When the hybrid becomes too obviously non-human, it is hidden away from outsiders.

Dieppe twinned with Y'ha-nthlei.

I'm still not sure I like it. Looks like an Audi R8 had a three-way with an LMP and a boat.

Oh well, it's a concept car. They're meant to test the waters and see what consumers like. At least it isn't a vacuum anymore! :D

I hope the final car will look like this one... Just because it's so different from the 'usual' car designs... Although the other one is cool too, I personally crave for something more extreme...

If you look a few posts up, that won't be the case unfortunately.

Back