Season IV
Season V Open

30-11-201116-50-39.png

Previous Seasons:
Season I
Season II
Season III

Introduction

The American Le Mans Series is a pure racing series based on the US and Canada, inspired by the notorious 24hr Le Mans. The series itself welcomes drivers from all types, and competition is always around the corner!

The goal of this series is to be as close to the real-world counterpart as much as possible, while also being fair, competitive, and easy on all types of drivers. So, similar to real-world ALMS, the series is comprised of 2 classes (actually, they are three but we combined P1 and P2 as one class). LMP class is the elite driving category, where focus and ability is a constant taming aspect. Cars like the Peugeot HDi or the Audi R10 are chaotic beasts, and not anyone can drive them to the finest. The GT class consists of production cars like the Corvette. In this class, it is just as competitive as LMPs, only that they are slower. Luckily, they can be tuned as serious racing machines, both LMP & GT alike.

This series is a "no-sweat" kind of type: You don't have to be a total pro to have fun! Unless you're a dirty driver and prefer dirty NASCAR rooms, you are more than welcome in this series :)

Time and Place

Initially, the lobby will open at 8 PM EST every Friday for short practice. Qualifying and the actual race will begin at 8:30 PM EST. Qualifying for all three classes will begin at 8:30 - or 8:45 depending on conditions, then the actual race at 9 sharp. The room will be a public type so no need to FR any Race Stewards. The lobby host can be any competitor who knows how to host a large room and has a decent connection.

Procedures

Qualifying
At 8:30 or 8:45, the host of the lobby will call for everyone to leave the track to reset the times. Once instruction is called, everyone will enter back onto the track and submit their hot laps. You have a limited amount of time to submit your best times, so drive quickly and carefully. Any drivers who have finished their session may exit the track. Do not execute any action that will infuriate other drivers like slow chatting via Chat Box.

The Flying Lap
At 9, the Automated Race Timer will commence the countdown for the race. At that time, any and all hot lap times are submitted. When the race loads and begins, DO NOT drive off! Stay within your slots until the Race Steward will call out each driver's placement for the flying lap. Once everyone's accounted for, construct a single or X2 file line that incorporates your correct placement, with LMP in front, GT behind. If your slot is incorrect, you will be penalized on accident or not, so pay attention at all times. Drivers must maintain a speed of 60 mph, and may perform the "zig-zag" movement to heat up the tires. LMP should also be close to GT class, leaving a large gap between each class. Flying Lap will end once the driver in front passes the finish line (in some cases, the track may be too long where the Flying Lap's ending will change).

The Race
Once Flying Lap ends, go ahead and put on your Game Face! Make sure you watch your time, and have two tires on the road at all times! Rumble strips are part of the track; green zones or "overshoot" areas are not (unless your speed is too hectic)!

Traffic
There will be a time where LMPs will obviously lap the GT class, so the GT class must give the LMP drivers some space to prevent intrusions. It is common sense on what route to take to leave valuable space, but don't try too extreme where you'll risk your own position.

Pit Etiquette
Make sure you pit properly, from entry to exit. This means entering at a cruising speed, and exiting in a manner that will not damage the fluency of the oncoming traffic. We recommend you to enter and exit within the boundary lines. All drivers must also make one mandatory pit stop throughout each race.

Room Settings & Restrictions
The following layout will be employed for the race lobby. It also includes Driving Aids all drivers must negotiate to.

Driving Aids
TCS: Allowed
ASM: Banned
Skid Recovery: Banned
Active Steering: Banned
Driving Line: Allowed

Room Settings
Tire Restriction: Racing Soft, Mediums, or Hard
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: On
Damage: Light
Penalties: Off
Distance: No specified distance (1 hour per round)
Draft: Weak
Boost: Off
Weather Changeability (Where Applicable): 5
Surface Water (Where Applicable): 0
Weather (Where Applicable): 0

Points System
The following rubric will be utilized to interpret championship points for the series. The position is based on class arrival, not overall arrival.

1st: 20 Pts
2nd: 16 Pts
3rd: 13 Pts
4th: 10 Pts
5th: 8 Pts
6th: 6 Pts
7th: 4 Pts
8th: 3 Pts
9th: 2 Pts
10th: 1 Pt
11th-16th: 0 Pts

Disconnection Forgiveness: There will be a time where Disconnections are inevitable during racing. If you are victim and have finished at least 75% of the race, the points will be half of your final position.

Performance Forgiveness: If you performed miserably on some races, the first 2 races that you did worst will be dropped. However this will not be ruled in until season ends.

Manufacturer Challenge: Drivers with common manufacturers will be placed under a Manufacturer Challenge, in which each driver's points will be combined to form the Manufacturer Score. This style is a minority, and isn't primary in the series. Drivers may wish to not be included in the Challenge.

Crews/Teams: Drivers may wish to create a team of two to battle against other teams or solo drivers. The "crew" must have a representative name and share the same manufacturer. Persons who are in a crew will not be able to join the Manufacturer Challenge. Additionally, the crew will rely on each other in order to win. Basically, each member will earn half of the points from the Rubric, until it is combined. Then I add 2 points, and that's your team's final points. Sometimes, I do get decimals, so I just leave it there. In this method, each member would have to really contribute.

Registration
Use the following format to register for series participation:

GTPlaneUsername:
PSN:
Class:
Car:

If you arrive in incidents that either your PSN or GTP User has changed, please report it to Race Stewards. The modification will be finalized next to your previous name.

The Rides
The following contains all homologated vehicles for the season. It is split into classes, and consists of specifications that must be set for fair racing. There can only be two drivers sharing the same car.

LMP1 Class
Note: We will utilize BermudaKid's spec data for the LMP class.

0055.png

Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05 - 550 HP/950 KG ** No "additional" aerodynamic parts

0056.png

Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06 - 580 HP/Stock KG

0072.png

Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03 - 550 HP/920 KG

0091.png

BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99 - 570 HP/Stock KG

0808.png
0807.png

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total/Team Oreca Matmut '10 - 560 HP/Stock KG

0946.png

Toyota GT-ONE - 550 HP/Stock KG

0791.png

Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03 - 570 HP/Stock KG

0792.png

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05 - 570 HP/Stock KG

scaled.php

Pescarolo-Courage - Judd GV5 Race Car '04 - 580 HP/Stock KG

GT Class

0083.png

BMW M3 Coupe '07 - 590 HP/1342 KG

0215.png

Ford GT '06 - 440 HP/1300 KG

0185.png

Ferrari 458 Italia '09 - 480 HP/1300 KG

0838.png

RUF RGT '00 - 500 HP/1300 KG

0129.png

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 - 480 HP/1300 KG

0424.png

Lotus Evora '09 - Highest specs possible*/1280 KG

* Includes all tuning parts, which encompass engine upgrades and associated parts.

scaled.php

Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 - ??/??

0179.png

Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR- 480 HP/1300 KG

Tunable Assets
As mentioned in the Intro, you can tune your cars as much as you want, such as attaching aerodynamic parts, to modifying gear ratios. You may also share your tunes here. The only restriction is to not attach any aftermarket components other than cars that are strictly specified to install such components.

Registered Drivers List
This section includes all drivers that have registered and/or currently racing in the series. The section is divided into branches: The Registry & Active list is drivers who have registered and is going strong in the series. The Registry & Inactive list is drivers who have registered but hasn't been attending much of the races. Finally, the Reserve list is drivers who have registered during season. At times, drivers under this branch are able to earn points that will follow them when they become Active drivers in the season. Drivers under the 2nd branch are in danger of being replaced by reserve drivers due to inadequate presence in the series. There is also the allowance of Guests, which can race in the series but are not accounted for the championship. That will also be recorded here. Drivers who are in teams will be placed next to each other. Note: Some spots are organized by PSN Name/GTP Name.

Registry & Active
1) LMP | GTPlaneUsername: James6653/James6653 - Toyota GT-ONE

2) GT | Cowboys965/Cowboys965 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09

3) GT | Mitch_Z06/?? - Ferrari 458 Italia '09

4) LMP | Freshseth83/Freshseth83 - Toyota GT-ONE

6) LMP | PipiR6/Pipi_r6 - Audi R8 Race Car

7) GT | Kevin01SH/Kevin01SH - Chevrolet Corvette

8) GT | Gogatrs/Gogatrs - RUF RGT

9+10) LMP | Unknown Crew/Team Name | TT13/Mockingbird00000000000 & JoeTruckV8 - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (Matmut Livery)

11) GT | User: THAT_GUY_2/THAT_GUY_2 - RUF RGT

12) GT | GTPlanetUsername: Yeratel84/Yeratel84 - Ford GT

13+14) GT | Unknown Crew/Team Name | gtamann123/Technicolors & PepsiMaxCrew/Phil Bell - Lotus Evora '09

15) GT | GTP: MrMelancholy15/MrMelancholy15 - BMW M3

16) GT | FlyinHawaiian77/FlyinHawaiian77 - Chevrolet Corvette

Registry & Inactive

5) LMP | Nitrorocks/Nitrorocks - Bentley Speed 8

Reserves
17) LMP | Pawel17/PAWEL17 - Audi R8 Race Car
Obtained Points:
Round I, Daytona - 16 points (2nd)

18) GT | Sinlader/Kakaraot - Dodge Viper
Obtained Points:
Round I, Daytona - 6 points (6th)

19) GT | GTPlaneUsername: StormPacer
PSN: Tez_SP17
Car: BMW M3 Coupe '07

20) GT | datboitrey23/Mercedesc300
Car: ??

21) LMP | GTPlaneUsername:stvbdkd
PSN:STVBDKD
Car:Team Oreca Matmut '10

Schedule
The Actual Season will be comprised of 12 rounds, each race having a different style and demand to it. The Endurance Listing is an optional inclusion into the Season.

Pre-Season Listing
The tracks utilized for Pre-Season will depend solely on the competitors. The maximum allowed length is 5 rounds, and must originate from the Season Listing. Each Season round will last approximately an hour.

Tracks Used: Indy Road Course, Nurburgring GP/F, Fuji Speedway F

Season Listing
This is the Season Listing for the series. Each round will accompany both pics (if individuals contribute to do so) and the finishing positions.

picture.php

Daytona Road Course - Florida, USA

Results (Courtesy of Kevin01SH):

- LMP Class -

1. freshseth83
2. PAWEL17
3. JoeTruckV8
4. mockingbird00000
5. james6653 (dnf)
6. PipiR6 (dnf)

- GT Class -

1. Kevin01SH
2. THAT_GUY_2
3. Yeratel84
4. Cowboys965
5. MrMelancholy15
6. Sinladar
7. FlyinHawaiian77 (dnf)
8. Mitch_Z06 (dnf)
9. gtaman123 (dnf)
10. gogatrs (dnf)

-----~-----

picture.php

Indy Road Course - Indiana, USA

picture.php

Suzuka Circuit - Japan

picture.php

Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Italy

FINISHED

picture.php

Cote D' Azur (AKA Monaco) - Monaco

picture.php

Laguna Seca Raceway - California, USA

Date - 5/25/12

260px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

Spa-Francorchamps - Belgium (Only possible if drivers have the respective DLC)

picture.php

Nurburgring GP/F - Germany

picture.php

Circuito de Madrid - Spain

picture.php

Fuji Speedway F - Shizuoka, Japan NEW!

picture.php

Circuit De La Sarthe '09 With Weather and Time Change - France

Endurance Listing
This one-match race will award drivers who participated 1.5 times the normal points from the Points Rubric, therefore making it an optional inclusion in the series. Drivers who suffer from "Disconnection Forgiveness", he/she will receive normal points from the rubric.

picture.php

Nurburgring Nordschleife Type V - Germany

Standings
Courtesy of Kevin01SH, we'll be using an updated video re-cap that will base our current Standings on.

Last edited:
Nice and clean Techni.

Of course I'm in for season 4. Still no idea on class or car. Sounds like everyone is making the jump to P2/P2. How do we go about picking cars? Last seasons standings or Lottery?

I thought we ditched Madrid. :grumpy:
Why Ugly Jaguar picture? :grumpy:
Why an I grumpy? :grumpy:

For now, I'll use the 458 again.

Nice and clean Techni.

Of course I'm in for season 4. Still no idea on class or car. Sounds like everyone is making the jump to P2/P2. How do we go about picking cars? Last seasons standings or Lottery?

Dunno. I would base if off season's standings but attendance on Season 3 was all over the place..

Also, I would like to add two more tracks in the Season Schedule, just to fulfill the sharp 10 number. The courses are up to you guys :)

*reserved for standings

Looks like i couldnt get in fast enough, i wanted this post to be higher

Still think we should combine the prototype classes. No 680hp either. 550hp at most. I think 500hp would be great actually.

GTPlanetUsername:JoeTruckV8
PSN:JoeTruckV8
Class:LMP1
Car:Peugeot 908 FAP

What track & date is pre-season going to be?

Last edited:
*reserved for standings

Looks like i couldnt get in fast enough, i wanted this post to be higher

Make sure you and Techni get together when the official thread opens. Unless this thread is the one that carries over with just a name change.

We should see if there is enough interest to fill out P1/P2 first. If no interest, combine the two?

GTPlanetUsername:JoeTruckV8
PSN:JoeTruckV8
Class:LMP1
Car:Peugeot 908 FAP

What track & date is pre-season going to be?

We're not sure when Pre-Season will kick off. I guess when there's enough interest, we'll begin.

What time are the races?

I guess you can't really find it, hm? It starts at 9, and 8:45 is Qualifying.

Make sure you and Techni get together when the official thread opens. Unless this thread is the one that carries over with just a name change.

We should see if there is enough interest to fill out P1/P2 first. If no interest, combine the two?
Still think we should combine the prototype classes. No 680hp either. 550hp at most. I think 500hp would be great actually.

We could do that, to make sure combining the two classes wasn't a waste of effort.

> Also, were you guys able to spec the Evora? If you haven't seen it, it's under possible homologation.. Additionally, I've added a track into the schedule :)

Combine the two now, its not funny just have two or three guys to discuss the race 👍

I think we can use the bermuda car spec to be more fun 👍

2005 Audi R8 - 550 HP - 950 KGs ** No Additional Wing is allowed on the Car
2010 Audi R10 - 580 HP - Stock Weight
2008 Peugoet 908 - 560 HP - Stock Weight
2003 Bentley Speed 8 - 550 HP - 920 KGs
1999 BMW VMR V12 - 570 HP - Stock Weight
1991 Mazda 787b - 560 HP - Stock Weight
1999 Toyota GT-One - 550 HP - Stock Weight
2005 Pescarolo C60 Hybride - 570 HP - Stock Weight
2003 Pescarolo Courage C60 - 570 HP - Stock Weight
2004 Pescarolo-Courage Judd GV5 - 580 HP - Stock Weight

I think we can use the bermuda car spec to be more fun 👍

2005 Audi R8 - 550 HP - 950 KGs ** No Additional Wing is allowed on the Car
2010 Audi R10 - 580 HP - Stock Weight
2008 Peugoet 908 - 560 HP - Stock Weight
2003 Bentley Speed 8 - 550 HP - 920 KGs
1999 BMW VMR V12 - 570 HP - Stock Weight
1991 Mazda 787b - 560 HP - Stock Weight
1999 Toyota GT-One - 550 HP - Stock Weight
2005 Pescarolo C60 Hybride - 570 HP - Stock Weight
2003 Pescarolo Courage C60 - 570 HP - Stock Weight
2004 Pescarolo-Courage Judd GV5 - 580 HP - Stock Weight

Ah, thanks for the data. I'll make the changes shortly.

Time Zone?

Eastern Standard Time, GMT -4. You probably have to make some conversions.

I trust Bermuda's specs. Havent raced with him, but from what I've seen, he's one of the people on here who have been messing with the prototypes the longest.

[/QUOTE]We should see if there is enough interest to fill out P1/P2 first. If no interest, combine the two?[/QUOTE]

I agreed with this,. There are no Prototype leagues out there except for maybe one. I would fill up P1|P2 first and then move on to the GT's, or fill up P1's & GT1's (8 Grid Positions for each catgory). Second I was wondering how come we don't just use GT1 & GT2 race cars to keep up the racing livery as well? 👍

GTPlaneUsername:Polarbear345
PSN:Polarbear345
Class:GT
Car:Ford Gt '06
This is my teammates info for this season

Didn't you already sign up? :lol: and can you guys put me down under LMP1? I just havent decided on a car yet.

Yes I did my teammate told me to sign him up

Both of you guys are in separate classes, so I don't think I can officially form a crew between you two. Luckily, you guys can bear a crew name and work together 👍

> Also, I have added Grand Valley and Indy Road Course in the Season Listing, making the season a total of 10 rounds, plus 1 optional "Endurance" round. Additionally, I have combined P1 and P2 and replaced regulations from Pipi. Anyone contradicts, please let me know :)

Technicolors
Both of you guys are in separate classes, so I don't think I can officially form a crew between you two. Luckily, you guys can bear a crew name and work together 👍

> Also, I have added Grand Valley and Indy Road Course in the Season Listing, making the season a total of 10 rounds, plus 1 optional "Endurance" round. Additionally, I have combined P1 and P2 and replaced regulations from Pipi. Anyone contradicts, please let me know :)

How are we in 2 different classes

I'll sign myself up now I guess :P I'm with James.
Gtplanet: polarbear345
Psn: polarbear345
Class: gt
Car: ford gt (color tbd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back