American Le Mans Series (ALMS) - Season IV [COMPLETED]

• Thread starter Techy
  • 2,432 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Evora should be maxed out in HP, and weight should be 1270kg. I already did the testing, it works pretty well around the other cars. They aren't the fastest cars in a straight line, but handle really good.

Just did some testing with the Aston on Spa and Daytona Road. The weight only gets down to 1362kg and with the power set at 540hp it seems about right. It holds its lines really well and you can use the throttle a bit to steer it out of a corner. It didnt feel at its best with high speed cornering, a bit of understeer but im thinking some more tuning could work on that. If anyone else has one give it a try.

Just did some testing with the Aston on Spa and Daytona Road. The weight only gets down to 1362kg and with the power set at 540hp it seems about right. It holds its lines really well and you can use the throttle a bit to steer it out of a corner. It didnt feel at its best with high speed cornering, a bit of understeer but im thinking some more tuning could work on that. If anyone else has one give it a try.

Seems comparable to the M3. I'd rather ditch the Jag and add the Aston. Havent even driven mine yet. But from what I've read, people dont seem to like it that much.

This is our fourth season of using these cars. The M3 and Aston will probably be faster by a bit on the straights. In the corners they won't be great. If you can manage and tune it, you could just as well win in any car.

I don't know why Tech didn't put season 4 in the title. Hey! It BETTER be "American Le Mans Series Season 4", or else Techy!

This is our fourth season of using these cars. The M3 and Aston will probably be faster by a bit on the straights. In the corners they won't be great. If you can manage and tune it, you could just as well win in any car.

I don't know why Tech didn't put season 4 in the title. Hey! It BETTER be "American Le Mans Series Season 4", or else Techy!

What, you can't read Roman Numerals? :sly:

I guess the Evora will run at full speed. It is pretty slow comparing to the other cars. But its light weight will surely provide a lot of reliability.

If you can manage and tune it, you could just as well win in any car.

Truth, every GT car (except the Jag, no one used it) won at least one race last season. The Aston is definitely a car more suited for tracks like Daytona Road and Monza, ill continue testing with it to see if i can find its potential.

mine and polars team name will be Spirit Of Daytona

Hoping you guys will sport a unique color combo for your cars :)

Looks like 12 drivers are interested; enough for Pre-season to kick off.

Truth, every GT car (except the Jag, no one used it) won at least one race last season. The Aston is definitely a car more suited for tracks like Daytona Road and Monza, ill continue testing with it to see if i can find its potential.

Did the BMW win?

Give the Aston the same HP as the BMW and be done with it. I don't plan on buying that DLC, even with the Beetle.

Don't start preseason just yet...
Plan on the week after next.

Did the BMW win?

Give the Aston the same HP as the BMW and be done with it. I don't plan on buying that DLC, even with the Beetle.

Oops, i forgot about the BMW :ouch: no it did not win. The only person who did use it was RB and he only ran part time.

gatrs i ran the Aston at Daytona with 550hp and i got a 1'44.x, last race we had there i qualified with the Vette at 1'45.3. If it gets 30 more HP then sign me up lol.

You add a little ballast to the Aston and send it to the rear at +50 to even the front/rear weight distribution to 50/50 and it handles better. Doesn't turn quite as good as the Evora Ferrari and Ford though. Mid engine layout really does wonders for those cars.

Hoping you guys will sport a unique color combo for your cars :)

Looks like 12 drivers are interested; enough for Pre-season to kick off.

That would be cool if we could get racing vinyls like the Need 4 Speed title in a future DLC. (there goes that wishful thinking again)

james6653
when would we start

Count on a preseason race next Friday.

If my car choice prevents anybody from choosing the Pug, I can drive something else.
I'm going to be EXTREMELY busy next month. Between real racing, baseball (practice is 7 days a week- WTF?), school, and another commitment. I doubt I'm going to make any more than half of the races.

Did the BMW win?

Ah, alright. Guess at this time, you guys can do some private testing.

I'm not sure what car/class I'll run. The Ferrari has done me lots last season, so I could run again in that make.

gogatrs
Did the BMW win?

Kevin01SH
Oops, i forgot about the BMW :ouch: no it did not win. The only person who did use it was RB and he only ran part time.

gatrs i ran the Aston at Daytona with 550hp and i got a 1'44.x, last race we had there i qualified with the Vette at 1'45.3. If it gets 30 more HP then sign me up lol.

The BMW won the Pre Season at Laguna Seca with Blaze driving, and don't forget the M3s didn't show up to a lot of the races.

I think we should try to keep our color combos close to real life. ;)

gogatrs
Count on a preseason race next Friday.

If my car choice prevents anybody from choosing the Pug, I can drive something else.
I'm going to be EXTREMELY busy next month. Between real racing, baseball (practice is 7 days a week- WTF?), school, and another commitment. I doubt I'm going to make any more than half of the races.

Me and polar might be a little bit late but we will make the race

I'm really interested in the Pug, but I could as easily drive something else. I just think after 3 GT seasons I wanted to try the protos, and the Pug is easy/fun to drive. If not I'd be down to try a Pesco or something, too. Or of course if GT is on the light side I can drive a GT car again. The options are endless :)

I think im gonna start the pre-season with the Aston just to see how competitive it is. Im not quite sure it needs the same power as the M3, but we'll sort it out. I really hope there will be more LMP drivers this season, it makes for a more interesting race experience having to work with them on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back