American Le Mans Series (ALMS) - Season IV [COMPLETED]

• Thread starter Techy
  • 2,432 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple mistakes, but I stayed out of incidents for basically the whole race. I let it come to me and it worked out. I donno what was up with Sinladar but to me it felt like he purposely tried to wreck me, on two separate occasions. Lag or not, that was ridiculous. Good race besides that though. Chasing down the Audi's just like Toyota will probably do come June! Hopefully Monza goes my way, but there's always a race to be run and who knows what'll happen.

I wonder if I could make up the difference in manufacturer's points to the two Audis by the end of the season. It'll take a really good run with good results to make up the difference. But it is possible.

Nah, Sin is not that kind of driver. Well, to me he's not. From what I've seen, he likes to give way if he knows he's going to get lapped. But the problem is that he tries to get out of the way instead of sticking to his line.

I have my map zoomed all the way out to help try and avoid any collisions. I can usually tell if the car coming up behind me is going to be an LMP or GT car based on how fast the arrow is moving. I'll anticipate and adjust my line ahead to give the LMP the best driving line. Unless were coming onto a tight spot on the track. If that happens I stick with my line.

Kev - It def would have been a better race if I didnt spin. Just a stupid error on my part. Tried to hug that sweeping corner a little to close and the right rear caught a little grass. Rest is history.

On the first stint you were a good 7-8 lengths in front of me, but you spun and i never really saw you after that :( except there were a few stints where we were in the pits together. I really wanted to see you up there with me and i expected Yeratel to reel me in, but it didnt happen. FH you had the fastest GT lap by the way.

Ill have the standings up before i go to bed hopefully, i gotta drive back to atlanta tomorrow morning and if i dont do it now there will be no standings until monday lol.
What was the fastest GT time anyway?

What was the fastest GT time anyway?

Flyin had the fastest lap at 2'01.3, me and yera both had 2'01.5's but like in qualifying he beat me by thousandths of a second lol. We seem to do that a lot, less than a bumper of a difference in lap times. On the LMP side seth was .2 faster than pipi for the fastest lap.

Ahh, nice nice. Late on I managed 2:01.6's, though really I was expecting to nab a very low 2:01 like I did when I was practicing. Unfortunately, nerves got the better of me I think.

Although, I did have my trademark late charge. It proved cruicial to get that 5th place in class. No offence to TG2, but I was hammering away at his gap on me before his little slip at Spoon Curve after the LMP's had finished. I reckon I'd have passed him before time was up anyway. :D

Flyin had the fastest lap at 2'01.3, me and yera both had 2'01.5's but like in qualifying he beat me by thousandths of a second lol. We seem to do that a lot, less than a bumper of a difference in lap times. On the LMP side seth was .2 faster than pipi for the fastest lap.

I set the fastest lap? I thought I only got into the 1:48's and one of the Audi's did a 1:47.8?

Just trying to clarify this...

I thought we had agreed that racing finished when we crossed the finish line after the first LMP. Basically press start after crossing the finish line to maintain distance to other cars.

I actually did just that at Indy, but had to accelerate again, when I saw that Kevin didn't slow down, to make sure first place in GT was mine to avoid any discussion after the race.

I thought we had agreed that racing finished when we crossed the finish line after the first LMP. Basically press start after crossing the finish line to maintain distance to other cars.

I actually did just that at Indy, but had to accelerate again, when I saw that Kevin didn't slow down, to make sure first place in GT was mine to avoid any discussion after the race.

;O No one told BMW this rule...

Yeratel84

When was that ever a set rule?

Anyways, I'd like clarification on the difference between blocking, and defending please. Am I allowed to battle with people in my class, for a lap, when I'm on older tires? I was battling with TG2, but he's messaging me to tell me (in very direct, negative tone) to stop (expletive) blocking. I sorta imagined "he's in my class, there's no way he'll catch anyone in front of me, and Storm and I are in a good position to beat him." So, even though I was on worn tires, I was still lapping somewhat decently. I didn't make two defensive moves, nor did I force him off track. Did I do anything wrong?

Anyways, I'd like clarification on the difference between blocking, and defending please. Am I allowed to battle with people in my class, for a lap, when I'm on older tires? I was battling with TG2, but he's messaging me to tell me (in very direct, negative tone) to stop (expletive) blocking. I sorta imagined "he's in my class, there's no way he'll catch anyone in front of me, and Storm and I are in a good position to beat him." So, even though I was on worn tires, I was still lapping somewhat decently. I didn't make two defensive moves, nor did I force him off track. Did I do anything wrong?

Ill check out the replay at some point, but you're allowed to be defensive in that on corner entry you can take whatever line you want to force the other driver to make a difficult pass. However i dont think its right to simply maneuver in front of someone if you see them coming on strong.

Ill check out the replay at some point, but you're allowed to be defensive in that on corner entry you can take whatever line you want to force the other driver to make a difficult pass. However i dont think its right to simply maneuver in front of someone if you see them coming on strong.

Thanks. And, since TG2 is so mad, please don't hold back on telling me if I DID do something wrong.

I'll be back for Monza, guys. Not my favorite track in the world, but for some reason I'm pretty consistent there.

Also, like gatrs said we've always just raced until we couldn't anymore.

I had a couple mistakes, but I stayed out of incidents for basically the whole race. I let it come to me and it worked out. I donno what was up with Sinladar but to me it felt like he purposely tried to wreck me, on two separate occasions. Lag or not, that was ridiculous. Good race besides that though. Chasing down the Audi's just like Toyota will probably do come June! Hopefully Monza goes my way, but there's always a race to be run and who knows what'll happen.

Ya sorry about that seth I wasnt trying to hit you, but I was lagging and when I lag peoples cars warp all over the track. Some peoples more than others your car was litarally driving sideways in a strait line and smoking its tires real bad and warping around. I figured if I held my line you could go around but The desync was too bad between us your car wasnt close enough to hit me on my screen then it would suddenly be close and ramming into me.

Also like I said after the race, if my lag is that severe next week I will more then likley be withdrawing from the season. However I doubt that will happen being as after the race I went down stairs to see the rest of the family watching netflix. I run wireless and my ps3 tends to lag when the network is being used by multiple sources at once.

Not gonna point any fingers but I would also like to say if you go off track with multiple people right behind you stop and let them pass dont attempt to get on the track again after you've gone completly off in the dirt/gravel. Saw this happen alot on the chicane before the main strait.

Last edited:
Kakarot
Ya sorry about that seth I wasnt trying to hit you, but I was lagging and when I lag peoples cars warp all over the track. Some peoples more than others your car was litarally driving sideways in a strait line and smoking its tires real bad and warping around. I figured if I held my line you could go around but The desync was too bad between us your car wasnt close enough to hit me on my screen then it would suddenly be close and ramming into me.

Also like I said after the race, if my lag is that severe next week I will more then likley be withdrawing from the season. However I doubt that will happen being as after the race I went down stairs to see the rest of the family watching netflix. I run wireless and my ps3 tends to lag when the network is being used by multiple sources at once.

Not gonna point any fingers but I would also like to say if you go off track with multiple people right behind you stop and let them pass dont attempt to get on the track again after you've gone completly off in the dirt/gravel. Saw this happen alot on the chicane before the main strait.

I also had quite a few instances of teleportation during the brief time I was racing.
Nearly gave me a heart attack when pipi suddenly appeared right in front of me with brake lights on. :lol:

That's probably what was happening to me. Lagging! I was watching the replay and my tire wear was jumping around.

Look I personal messaged mrmel to let him know I personal didn't like get brake check on lap 4 going into one. Then on lap 28 and 29 he ran me off the road on the sixth or seventh corner. I though it was him on lap 35 but it was storm. But what I said to him was if he's sliding sideways into corners (lap 6 and end of lap 10) and blocking that's not cool. Just let the faster cars by. I did the same for FH my tire were shot he had fresh tires I let him by. Its called respect!! I'm going to write this off as lag. Because I did watch gators fly off the track, disappear and reappear. This game really sucks now. They really need to put it back to how it was.

Well good to know it wasnt just me. Guess I wont even consider droping out then, besides this series is alot of fun Id be sad to quit. Although this series is more relaxed than most its my favorite to race in. And IMO has the most respectful/clean drivers.

Hmmmm, that might explain a lot TG2. I'll look into those too, myself, and I think I'll make a call. If I find that I did something wrong, I'll apologize and give myself a grid penalty. Is that fair?

If it was lag, well, I can apologize for that now and 1043895x after, but, it won't change anything. :(

MrMelancholy15
Hmmmm, that might explain a lot TG2. I'll look into those too, myself, and I think I'll make a call. If I find that I did something wrong, I'll apologize and give myself a grid penalty. Is that fair?

If it was lag, well, I can apologize for that now and 1043895x after, but, it won't change anything. :(

No reason for a grid penalty (that's for the ever mysterious grid gods of GT to decide :lol:). Now you know. It's OK to put up a LITTLE bit of a fight, but nothing that could truly hurt the other car's race i.e. putting him in the grass.

On a side note, Wardez and PURE are creating a WEC. Do any of you guys want to get two guys to drive and the rest of us set up the cars and work out strategies and whatnot? Think that would be pretty cool.

Also thinking about more, didn't we have alot of problems at suzuka last year. If I can remember the track was disappearing on me and a few other people last year.

On to next week has anyone practiced at monza yet? Ill open a room up tomorrow night unless someone else has one open.

Also thinking about more, didn't we have alot of problems at suzuka last year. If I can remember the track was disappearing on me and a few other people last year.

On to next week has anyone practiced at monza yet? Ill open a room up tomorrow night unless someone else has one open.

Yay speedy track! Woohoo, seven turns, and therefore, better on tires? I hope so!

Also, (and sorry that this is off-topic,) I'm looking for a co-steward for a somewhat slower touring car series I'm thinking of running. I'm also looking for feedback.

If anyone's interested, tell me please. I wouldn't normally get so off-topic, but, I enjoy racing with you guys, 'cuz you're good, clean drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back