American Le Mans Series (ALMS) - Season IV [COMPLETED]

• Thread starter Techy
  • 2,432 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll run some foe lmp tonight. I dont think it will be a good measuring point though. I gottq give all you LMP guys credit for some of the times you put down.

Edit - if I keep typing on my phone I'm gonna get banned for not being able to type. Gonna get bannee for saying gonna also.

Really doesnt make sense on why i run faster at Monza with higher downforce vs lower. You would think a low wing would give you more speed, but my straight away speeds are only 2-3mph faster which doesnt make up for the corner speed i lose. Just weird, but oh well. Tire wear is great, i dont think ill be the fastest but ill be able to stay out longer.

Lap times??

Anyways, I think I'll just try to get top 5 again @ Suzuka, and only push for the win at Monza, LE MANS, Spa and the 'Ring. And, have no doubt, I might be the slowest guy at the next three tracks.

I ALSO just noticed... THERE ARE TWELVE GT DRIVERS. No wonder the pace is somewhat quick-there's so much competition in GT class. I mean, the drivers points especially seem very tight..

This is a well-run series guys... I actually can't even wait to have my a** kicked on Friday. Woohoo!

Yup I was only able to get about 5 out my prototype. Wish I would have seen this tread earlier, and knew that about everyone, because I switched to meds before the start of the race just in case someone was doing more laps than that on softs.

Kevin01SH
Really doesnt make sense on why i run faster at Monza with higher downforce vs lower. You would think a low wing would give you more speed, but my straight away speeds are only 2-3mph faster which doesnt make up for the corner speed i lose. Just weird, but oh well. Tire wear is great, i dont think ill be the fastest but ill be able to stay out longer.

Yeah, I always keep DF high on all my cars. Like you said the difference is just to small. I'd rather keep the advantage of the DF.

As for tires, I always run the softs. Lap times are way to far off of the pace to make the change. First lap is ok. But after that your times start to really suffer. For me anyway. Havent tried to make a tune with meds up front yet. Heard this is what some people are doing.

Yeah, I always keep DF high on all my cars. Like you said the difference is just to small. I'd rather keep the advantage of the DF.

As for tires, I always run the softs. Lap times are way to far off of the pace to make the change. First lap is ok. But after that your times start to really suffer. For me anyway. Havent tried to make a tune with meds up front yet. Heard this is what some people are doing.

Haven't tested high vs low downforce in Monza yet.

As for the tires, I'm not a fan of using different compounds in front and back (I'll leave that for MotoGP :sly:).
Basically I'll test if there's any advantage in running Mediums for 13/14 laps and going for 2 stops, against running 10 laps on Softs and making 3 stops.

EDIT: Just to create a friendly discussion... Where do you guys think we can run faster times? Public or private lounge?

I'm running quite nicely around Monza, though whether or not I'll be able to compete with the rest of the field is a mystery.

I'm running quite nicely around Monza, though whether or not I'll be able to compete with the rest of the field is a mystery.

I can't wait to solve this one. I think that Monza will slow the 'vettes down, but, PERHAPS cause the Rufs to gain time... My only deal is with the uncertainty about Ruf downforce. The Rufs have 500 HP, and, with low drag frames, and well-tuned suspensions, I think Chevy might only get top 5s, if even that. After seeing Chevy and Ford do so well at Suzuka, I can only imagine that the POLAR OPPOSITE tracks will actually help the others.

Remember though, I took the win in a Vette in the Rolex series. And that was a Z06, the ZR1 should be faster. I suggest using 18 points for downforce.

That makes sense, though I wouldn't have said there's that much difference, given that they're tuned down, and the Z06 in Rolex has more room for upgrading than in ALMS. I can see the Vette ZR1's running 1:47's, or rather, I'm anticipating it.

Looking at the field, I'm not so sure if there is going to be a reversal. You have the Evora, Viper SRT10 ACR and 458 Italia, who I'm surprised aren't challenging the front runners anyway. I ****ed about with the Evora on Indy before the main event, and gotten 1:30's. The Viper ACR I'm tuning for the next Rolex Season has 55 less bhp than my SRT10 from Rolex, and I'm hitting similar times (low 1:48's) despite the tune needing more work, and the tyre wear is SOOO much better on the ACR than the Coupé. The Italia, I dunno, but I didn't expect it to be doing that poorly really. It's tyre wear is fabulous though, so I dunno what's going on with them in here...

MrMelancholy15
I can't wait to solve this one. I think that Monza will slow the 'vettes down, but, PERHAPS cause the Rufs to gain time... My only deal is with the uncertainty about Ruf downforce. The Rufs have 500 HP, and, with low drag frames, and well-tuned suspensions, I think Chevy might only get top 5s, if even that. After seeing Chevy and Ford do so well at Suzuka, I can only imagine that the POLAR OPPOSITE tracks will actually help the others.

Its not the tracks that make the car fast. ;). I dont think I've qualified top 3 yet.

Last edited:
The Evora is too underpowered, and there's nobody really in Ferrari since I'm racing the RUF.

Ferrari was better prepared last season. :P

The 458's did do well last season. Did you change your setup from last season? You guys were always in contention on every track really.

Hopefully GTA can iron out the kinks in the Evora. Really wanna see that thing shine. From what I've seen it looks like it gets a little unstable going into the corners.

How did you get into the Ruf Cow? Or is it just for this race?

FlyinHawaiian77
The 458's did do well last season. Did you change your setup from last season? You guys were always in contention on every track really.

Hopefully GTA can iron out the kinks in the Evora. Really wanna see that thing shine. From what I've seen it looks like it gets a little unstable going into the corners.

How did you get into the Ruf Cow? Or is it just for this race?

I lost interest in the 458, and I'm filling in for Prego Gatr.

[QUOTE="FlyinHawaiian77"How did you get into the Ruf Cow? Or is it just for this race?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too.

FlyinHawaiian77"How did you get into the Ruf Cow? Or is it just for this race?[/QUOTE] I'd like to know this too.[/QUOTE] Quote fail. [QUOTE="THAT_GUY_2
You never asked gatrs? Cow?? LOL!!

He said he wasn't racing until his Internet magically fixed itself. :sly:

Cowboy, you need to stop jumping from car to car.

Just pick either a LMP or a GT car, based on those still available, no matter who shows up or not at each race.

LMP: Audi R10, Bentley, BMW, Pescarolo (all three);
GT: Aston Martin (?), Dodge, Ferrari, Ford;

These are your possibilities.

Yeratel84
Cowboy, you need to stop jumping from car to car.

Just pick either a LMP or a GT car, based on those still available, no matter who shows up or not at each race.

LMP: Audi R10, Bentley, BMW, Pescarolo (all three);
GT: Aston Martin (?), Dodge, Ferrari, Ford;

These are your possibilities.
I did, I chose the RUF to fill in for Gatr over the weekend. Because he said he wouldn't race any races until his Internet got fixed.

If he's not serious, then I'll take something else.

Cowboys965
I did, I chose the RUF to fill in for Gatr over the weekend. Because he said he wouldn't race any races until his Internet got fixed.

If he's not serious, then I'll take something else.

You can drive it.
But I get to pick the colors. :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back