American Le Mans Series (ALMS) - Season IV [COMPLETED]

• Thread starter Techy
  • 2,432 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photomode for sure is way fun, but it's time consuming and my school load just got way heavier. It's unfortunate that I had to drop the ball on the RUF series as well, which was pretty darn fun. As much as I love racing with you guys I have to take a back seat for a while.

I was gonna get on tonight. But I got home late tonight and I wanna spend time with my daughters. They like watching glee. :lol:

TT13 - sucks that your taking a break man. Hate to see one of the regulars step back. Not many of the OG's left. :(

I think that Monza will slow the 'vettes down...

I think Chevy might only get top 5s, if even that

281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db61226fe1.gif

I was gonna get on tonight. But I got home late tonight and I wanna spend time with my daughters. They like watching glee. :lol:

TT13 - sucks that your taking a break man. Hate to see one of the regulars step back. Not many of the OG's left. :(

Well I'll still be racing, just not doing much else. Don't worry you'll see me on Fridays :)

Also, I was racing with Gatrs and Jav on Sundays in rFactor, but they went MIA on that...so not really sure what happened there.

Well, my personal best time was torn to shreds by 6 tenths the other night, Melancholy was there to witness it. Though, this means nothing on the day.

Ah, thanks for the data. I'll make the changes shortly.

Eastern Standard Time, GMT -4. You probably have to make some conversions.

Sign me up for this add me on ps3 STVBDKD
GTPlaneUsername:stvbdkd
PSN:STVBDKD
Class:LMP
Car:Team Oreca Matmut '10

You'll be a Reserve driver :) But you can attend some races and earn points.

Welcome! Im sure the LMP drivers will be glad to see you. You might go on the roster as a reserve, but im sure you'll be able to make the race because we usually have 1-2 spots open in the field at race time.

I still haven't had practice time at Monza, but am not too worried. The track is pretty familiar. I'd just need a few hours there before the race to get consistent on lap times.

I know I ask everytime we race at Monza. But can we clarify what is to be considered corner cutting? I always try to have two wheels on the track and the red and white rumble strips are considered part of the track. I know other leagues are different and we have some new faces this season. So I just wanted to clear things up.

I know I ask everytime we race at Monza. But can we clarify what is to be considered corner cutting? I always try to have two wheels on the track and the red and white rumble strips are considered part of the track. I know other leagues are different and we have some new faces this season. So I just wanted to clear things up.

All I can say is that in the GT league Pipi and I run with some friends, we raced in Monza last saturday, and we considered the strips part of track.

That being said, I would also like to see this clarified, as to avoid practicing using incorrect lines.

EDIT: Like gogatrs, by strips, I refered to the red and white strips, AKA kerbs.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mean the entire green is track, or else that would be a corner cutting show.

2 wheels on the pavement and it's good? And red and white counts as track?

Cowboys965
I hope you don't mean the entire green is track, or else that would be a corner cutting show.

2 wheels on the pavement and it's good? And red and white counts as track?

Anything green is not part of the track.
Curbing IS part of the track.
Two wheels on track at all times, I don't care if it's both the back wheels.

I think two wheels on track at all times with the curbing a part of the track means two wheels on the green is ok. Like the entrance to parabolica. The chicanes to me don't need to be taken with wheels on the green, it doesn't gain much time except the 2nd chicane.

THAT_GUY_2
Cowboy are you running the ruf friday. If so ill hook you up with a set up for your ruf. Then you can tinker with it.

For now, yes. :dopey:

Actually I- err.... :sly: Just kidding.

THAT_GUY_2
Cowboy are you running the ruf friday. If so ill hook you up with a set up for your ruf. Then you can tinker with it.

I think your doing a good job with it. I can def. see a difference between this season and last. 👍

How does one do such a thing? If I drop *one* tire in the grass, I spin! How does one drive with both rears in grass??

Looks like we're doing 44 laps +1 for this race? Im torn between stepping the car back to go 10 laps or making it more aggressive and going with 9 lap stints. It all depends how many times GT gets lapped, i imagine its going to be more often in this race.

Looks like we're doing 44 laps +1 for this race? Im torn between stepping the car back to go 10 laps or making it more aggressive and going with 9 lap stints. It all depends how many times GT gets lapped, i imagine its going to be more often in this race.

And, 30 laps is a tank of fuel. As normal then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back