An Audi gets booted...let the games begin!

• Thread starter 95GTIVR6
  • 45 comments
In addition to what Omnis said, you usually also have to sign an HOA contract if your home falls is part of an HOA. This allows the citations and whatnot to happen legally.

...Or you can do as my friends did, say "Eff you!" and burn the skate ramp in your yard!

Meh. I hate these sort of things. I really don't see what the point is, and really, how they have any leverage whatsoever. Common sense dictates, at least to me, that one pissed-off neighbor would be enough to unseat the whole organization, but then again, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I was just going to say… 95GTIVR6, you better edit in any updates, because now a bunch of people from Autoblog are going to be depending on you. ;)

Sorry, that's my fault :P. I linked to that as I thought they could use a list of all the decent updates without sifting through all the posts.

If this keeps going, it could hit national news. and that could be bad for security contractors and Home Owner's Associations across the country.

Finally just read this, this is great 👍

Look forward to more updates.

I don't think we have HOA's in canada, and I like it that way.

To me, alot of people don't like these things. Why not just get together, and get a majority of the people under it to go against it? wouldn't that unseat the HOA's power?

Also, i see these as being nothing more than a power trip for the douchewads who can't have real power. They are useless, nonsensical, and a way to make money from excess fines, and BS.

And this is from a guy who's never even been in one! And, to end, don't expect this to make news at all.

To me, alot of people don't like these things. Why not just get together, and get a majority of the people under it to go against it? wouldn't that unseat the HOA's power?
Because the HOA was formed by a majority wanting it in the first place.

HOAs typically get formed to make the neighborhood conform to a single look. It is the kind of people that sit around and grumble about a lawn not getting mowed three times a week, too many weeds in someone's lawn, or that kid working on his car in the driveway.

To these people it "ruins" the neighborhood.

Now, picture the type of people you know who sit around the house and gripe and complain about how other people chose to use their own private property. Not many of them are likely to make their voices heard online (hence why you see a huge amount of HOA dislike online), but they will get together at the community center and complain together. Add to that the fact that those who aren't like that typically don't have time to attend a meeting about an HOA, or to even read a flier about a meeting for an HOA, and suddenly when people show up to discuss an HOA being formed, it is just the people that want it.

Those that don't usually just grumble in silence and move on with the more important things in their life, because they have bigger things to worry about than their neighbor's lawn.

But then every once in a while something happens that extremely inconveniences those who are opposed to it and you get what we have here. These few stories make huge rounds and people can't understand how any HOAs ever form.

In this case they can't petition because most of the home owners are parents of students living in the neighborhood. Which means, the HOA was formed by residents who were tired of their neighborhood full of college students not being kept up to their standards. The home owners weren't there to argue against an HOA and this guy can't get to them to get a petition signed.

In the development where I live, we have covenants that we're "supposed" to follow, like not having a working farm or housing livestock. Obviously it's nothing too terribly difficult to live with. If it ever gets any more stringent than that, trust me, there are plenty of people in my neighborhood that are outspoken enough to oppose it becoming a HOA.

That and we're too cheap to part with our money to become a HOA. :lol:

Back