Anders Behring Breivik Trial

As ridiculous as his short sentence is, after those 21 years he'll be handed over to the people of Norway and the world surely thats a more frightening thought than spending the rest of his life safe in prison?

As ridiculous as his short sentence is, after those 21 years he'll be handed over to the people of Norway and the world surely thats a more frightening thought than spending the rest of his life safe in prison?

Yeah, I'm sure the families of his victims are relishing the day he walks free.

There's no punishment that can do what he did justice.

Again, he will never get out. They can prolong his sentence if they think he's unfit for society, which they will.

He has just as much computer access as any of his victims has now. He has no cause for complaint.

Perhaps they should allow him as much food as all 77 of his victims together are now consuming and no more.

How about sending him to Guantanamo?

He can complain about the lack of rights there.

What a puss.

On what grounds? This in no way falls under United States jurisdiction, so it's entirely up to Norway how plush a prison they give him.

On the grounds of him being a puss?

Look he can complain all he wants about his human rights, but when you murder someone, you have forfeited your rights in an institution called Prison.

Internet is something you pay for by the way, not something that is a right by birth.

What I meant was, how can you send him to Guantanamo? It's a Norwegian case, in Norway. The United States have no grounds to extradite and transfer him.

Oh yeah I know that. I'm speaking from the hypothetical, and personal desire really.

Norway will probably keep adding on years slowly.

Liquid
What I meant was, how can you send him to Guantanamo? It's a Norwegian case, in Norway. The United States have no grounds to extradite and transfer him.

Babar ahmed was a British citizen yet he was extradited to USA. This is a British case, in Britain.

Babar ahmed was a British citizen yet he was extradited to USA. This is a British case, in Britain.

Because the USA and the UK have an extradition treaty. Under said treaty, the United States have to have reasonable suspicion in order to extradite UK suspects, which explains why Ahmad's case is 8 years long and counting. Now whether the 'reasonable suspicion' in this case is accurate is another matter...

No such treaty exists between the USA and Norway, and the United States don't have reasonable suspicion that Breivik was or is involved in plots against the United States.

Back