Announcement of Update 2.17

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_8895704.html

After the installation of Update 2.16 and the consequent decommissioning of the GT5 servers, players were no longer able to install previously purchased DLCs for GT5. In order to address this issue, we are releasing a new update, preceded by the following server maintenance:

Update Schedule
22 July 2014, from 4:00AM (BST)

Update Details
- The installation process for Downloadable Content has been changed. Users will no longer need to connect to the GT5 servers in order to install additional content.

After installing Update 2.17, users who purchased DLCs from the PlayStation®Store in the past will be able to re-install them again, even if the GT5 online services have been terminated.

We would like to thank you all for your continuous support and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Last edited:
Hey i know that chance of transferring the cars is ruined, but just curious. Can PD add transfer to the update without the network connection?

Hey i know that chance of transferring the cars is ruined, but just curious. Can PD add transfer to the update without the network connection?

i downgraded to 2.11, would i be able to install ALL of my DLC (i have every DLC released for GT5) or would i have to upgrade to 2.17? And does this still work today? I cant get to my ps3 until tomorrow night. Someone please reply! Thanks in advance :)

Just installed the v2.17, put Academy edition in PS3...and couldn't buy cars on a car pack...

Seems that they didn't fix that well enough! :/

this has been the case for a while

back in april/may i bought academy for very cheap so i could get the cars and tracks so i could enjoy it for a month before it closed down

it didnt work so i logged a job with sony

it is now over 3 months later and i occasionally call sony to see how my incident is going knowing full well they havent fixed it

i doubt it will ever be fixed

What also needs to be fixed is the ability to redeem codes for DLC. I bought GT5 originally at launch, and then I bought the Academy Edition as it was cheaper than buying all the DLC individually. Having other things to do, I didn't redeem the codes immediately "after all, it's not like they'll close down the GT5 servers as soon as GT6 comes out" I thought, but it turns out that's exactly what they did.

I heard the servers were closing down a few days before they did and thought "I'd better redeem those codes". Tried and it wouldn't accept them no matter what part of the Playstation Store I tried entering them in despite the fact that they don't expire until next year.

I contacted Sony (who just so happened to get back to me the day after the online services ended) and they said that I'd need to phone them because it involved my online account. I was annoyed and had a lot on my plate at the time (figuratively speaking, though I am fat) and left it, and then subsequently forgot about it.

I now have the bee back in my bonnet and want to know. 1) Is there any way I can redeem my content? 2) If I cannot, who should I make aware of my displeasure and the fact that the way this was handled is completely unacceptable?

I realise this is a double post but thought it worth making so people in the same position as myself are likely to see it.

Today I was going to contact Sony again about the above mentioned but thought I'd check my facts. DLC now appears on the store and I was able to redeem my code. I'm not sure exactly when this happened but I am pleased that this was fixed.

I want the servers of GT5 to be back online again. It would be fun for majority of people. Who wants the servers of GT5 online to be back?

Back