Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
I just ordered a Carrera wheel. Is it normal to not get ANY email from them regarding my order (including a receipt)?

And Paypal eCheque method normal as well?

Odd. I have ordered 3 times from the USA webshop (Endor) over the past year - each time I got a PDF of the invoice within 24-36 business hours. I have had to email to ask for a tracking number, but have always received that when requested.

I recently had a product issue which I sent Fanatec support an email on - got a response within 36 hours from Germany, a follow-up within an hour after that from the USA webshop, and a subsequent email with a tracking number the next day.

I emailed fanatec about an estimate delivery of the gt2. Sabine said it would be the end of the month of may:ouch::crazy::grumpy:

Now im just wondering if i can hold out, or change my order to a gt3 rs v2.

@kasey,

That all depends on whether or not you want the xbox360 compatibility. If you do, then wait, it's most definitely worth it. I love having the ability to switch between all 3 platforms with total ease. 👍

@kasey,

That all depends on whether or not you want the xbox360 compatibility. If you do, then wait, it's most definitely worth it. I love having the ability to switch between all 3 platforms with total ease. 👍

I know, thats what I want. But man, i thought may would take forever to get here. Which it still isn't, but its close.............er. lol. But when they told me the end of may, i cried a little inside. lol.

Well maybe they are just giving worse case. Lets hope.

I emailed fanatec about an estimate delivery of the gt2. Sabine said it would be the end of the month of may:ouch::crazy::grumpy:

Now im just wondering if i can hold out, or change my order to a gt3 rs v2.

Yeah Anthony giving you good advice. Be strong for us both; cause im not strong. I'm very weak. I brokedown and got a T500rs. i just couldnt resist when it showed up at my local store. I really need the xbox 360 compat though. I'm gonna be out of some serious money over this whole wheel fiasco

I dunno man only reaosn to get xbox 360 compat is for forza. Forza is amazing, but it can be played just fine with a pad. The top players use pads in Forza from what I could tell (daveyskills). In gt5, its much easier to get a wheel plus many events impossible with a pad for me so i had to have a wheel now

so what im saying is if you do drop the GT2 I would understand. I'm sure a lot of people get tired of all that waiting

Yeah Anthony giving you good advice. Be strong for us both; cause im not strong. I'm very weak. I brokedown and got a T500rs. i just couldnt resist when it showed up at my local store. I really need the xbox 360 compat though. I'm gonna be out of some serious money over this whole wheel fiasco

I dunno man only reaosn to get xbox 360 compat is for forza. Forza is amazing, but it can be played just fine with a pad. The top players use pads in Forza from what I could tell (daveyskills). In gt5, its much easier to get a wheel plus many events impossible with a pad for me so i had to have a wheel now

Ya, im debating it right now. I do want to play forza, but i don't really need to with a wheel. But should make it a whole lot funner.

decision decison. I will most likely wait, but it's gonna kill me. I thought i was only a couple of weeks away. now it could be a month and a half. lol.

I figured I'd ask here instead of making a new thread.

How long does it usually take for an item to be shipped from their warehouse? I know they have a warehouse in California, so I'm not worried about delivery time, but I ordered a GT3 RS V2 yesterday in the afternoon, my card was charged, but on my order page it still says "Pending."

@Kasey & box,

Good things come to those who wait. I, on the other hand demanded what they promised me, when they promised it.

I ordered on Jan 21st, GT2 std pedals + shifters. Got an email the NEXT day stating I should expect a Mid-Feb shipment. On about Feb. 11 I get an email stating- Sorry, we cannot make Mid-Feb shipment on your wheel, it is now May again.

To say the least, I short circuited. Long story short, I made it clear. You either A, send it to me today as promised, or B, I am on a plane to go wherever I have to go to get this thing. (I was and am not BS'ing on that) W/in 10 minutes of that email, your order will ship today!

So, they must have been like screw him, send him the defective products. Both my wheel and shifters were faulty. Well, I raise hell again, and got replacements within 2 weeks. BUT, they sent me a GT3RS. Okay, cool, but not what I was expecting. (This happened to several others, mistake by warehouse)

Thankfully, all is well now. I even held up my end of the bargain by shipping the faulty GT2, and new GT3RS back. My experience was rocky, but, good now. From dealing with Fanatec as extensively as I have, I have a few things to point out to all.

1. If it is IN STOCK, your order will go smoothly, and you should have NO issue.

2. If OUT OF STOCK / BACKORDER, issues might and will arise. This is where patience is key. I even had some until I received that email at 3am stating ugh.

3. I hate to say this, and I know Thomas is working very very diligently to ratify these issues, but you HAVE to chew the Customer service out in order to get ANYTHING done.(Again my, and several of my friends experience, maybe it is different for some) If you sit back and wait for a response, you will not get one. Now, this goes for the people who do NOT follow the instructions on how to report to Admin over issues.

If you follow the procedures, you SHOULD have no issue. Some still have though. BUT, Thomas is now working very hard to settle these issues. Going Joe Pesci can only get you so far.....

Last edited:
Ya, I will probably just wait. It just sucks. I want to race again.

The logitech g27 I had has been gone for over a month, and i want to get back into gt5 and forza.

I just really hope that the "end of may" is worst case. And usually companies do that. That way, if it's earlier than that, all is good.

I have been watching youtube videos of the gt3 rs v2, and I keep thinking, just go for it. Then i look at forza, and say "wait". its like the devil and angel are sitting on my shoulder. lol.

Odd. I have ordered 3 times from the USA webshop (Endor) over the past year - each time I got a PDF of the invoice within 24-36 business hours. I have had to email to ask for a tracking number, but have always received that when requested.

I recently had a product issue which I sent Fanatec support an email on - got a response within 36 hours from Germany, a follow-up within an hour after that from the USA webshop, and a subsequent email with a tracking number the next day.

I've emailed them twice to follow up with no response. My order is still in "Processing" state..... WTF

Thats because you ordered something thats in stock. Try ordering a Fanatec GT2 (here in US) and come back and tell us bout your good fortune :grumpy:

@Kasey & box,

Good things come to those who wait. I, on the other hand demanded what they promised me, when they promised it.

I ordered on Jan 21st, GT2 std pedals + shifters. Got an email the NEXT day stating I should expect a Mid-Feb shipment. On about Feb. 11 I get an email stating- Sorry, we cannot make Mid-Feb shipment on your wheel, it is now May again.

To say the least, I short circuited. Long story short, I made it clear. You either A, send it to me today as promised, or B, I am on a plane to go wherever I have to go to get this thing. (I was and am not BS'ing on that) W/in 10 minutes of that email, your order will ship today!

So, they must have been like screw him, send him the defective products. Both my wheel and shifters were faulty. Well, I raise hell again, and got replacements within 2 weeks. BUT, they sent me a GT3RS. Okay, cool, but not what I was expecting. (This happened to several others, mistake by warehouse)

Thankfully, all is well now. I even held up my end of the bargain by shipping the faulty GT2, and new GT3RS back. My experience was rocky, but, good now. From dealing with Fanatec as extensively as I have, I have a few things to point out to all.

1. If it is IN STOCK, your order will go smoothly, and you should have NO issue.

2. If OUT OF STOCK / BACKORDER, issues might and will arise. This is where patience is key. I even had some until I received that email at 3am stating ugh.

3. I hate to say this, and I know Thomas is working very very diligently to ratify these issues, but you HAVE to chew the Customer service out in order to get ANYTHING done.(Again my, and several of my friends experience, maybe it is different for some) If you sit back and wait for a response, you will not get one. Now, this goes for the people who do NOT follow the instructions on how to report to Admin over issues.

If you follow the procedures, you SHOULD have no issue. Some still have though. BUT, Thomas is now working very hard to settle these issues. Going Joe Pesci can only get you so far.....

Wow that sounds like quite an ordeal they put you through. I'm going to keep all of these tips in mind for real

Last edited:
sandboxgod
Thats because you ordered something thats in stock.

That is true. If it is out of stock they are at the mercy of a supplier or suppliers delivering as promised. If somebody misses a deadline the whole production gets delayed.

Right or wrong they are probably reluctant to respond and comit to any dates when they really don't know or have control over delivering on time.

The risks of dealing with a smaller company IMHO...but having used my Turbo S wheel for a year now it is well worth the wait!

Keep in mind box, that was what happened to me. It seems as if it happens to half, and the other half are okay. Also, I was a bit animated. I could have been a bit nicer, but when you pay UP FRONT, you expect to be told what is going on. IMO

I ordered (GT2 + Clubsport) on January 5th, I knew they were on back order. 2 weeks ago I sent a polite email asking when my order will ship, in return I received a polite email stating it will be in May.

It seems even with in-stock items not everybody's luck is the same. It's been four full business days (not counting Saturday, obviously) since I ordered and it's still listed as "processing," and I've received no reply to my email. I paid through Paypal so it's not a card issue.

Sintek
It seems even with in-stock items not everybody's luck is the same. It's been four full business days (not counting Saturday, obviously) since I ordered and it's still listed as "processing," and I've received no reply to my email. I paid through Paypal so it's not a card issue.

Be patient, they will send you a email in a few days. Its weird how they work but i have yet to have a problem with orders or support from them. I have ordered a total of 7 times from.

I finally recorded a CSP video review. Since there is no big thread dedicated to Cubsport pedals, I think it is best to post it in this thread. It's an overview/review.

sonac
I finally recorded a CSP video review. Since there is no big thread dedicated to Cubsport pedals, I think it is best to post it in this thread. It's an overview/review.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw52Dq3SZaA">YouTube Link</a>

Nice job! You forgot about the calibration software for the load cell :(

Thanks for feedback. that's probably not the only thing I forgot to mention. I recorded it at night so there are no background noises and it gets really hard to concentrate once it's past 2 am :D I never calibrated my load cell, that's why it didn't come to my mind to mention that part. Oh well...

BTW: Thanks for liking it!

Be patient, they will send you a email in a few days. Its weird how they work but i have yet to have a problem with orders or support from them. I have ordered a total of 7 times from.

Thanks. I just checked today and the order status is now listed as just "paid." I did not receive any emails.

I just hate feeling out of the loop and have never had good experiences with small online companies. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the quick shipping of Newegg and Amazon.

I ordered (GT2 + Clubsport) on January 5th, I knew they were on back order. 2 weeks ago I sent a polite email asking when my order will ship, in return I received a polite email stating it will be in May.

I never heard of anyone waiting so long for a GT2... How did you manage to cope with that long of a wait? :scared: I take it you must've had another wheel...

(meant to ask this question when I 1st saw this post)

Are these wheels still taking forever to arrive? I'm kicking myself in the ass because I never ordered it long time ago when I could have. Anytime I check status of how things are going, people who ordered in January are getting theirs now or next month. I don't want to wait months for a GT2 + CS pedals + wheel stand + shifter (whenever that comes out). Fanatec needs to step up, and I know suppliers could be an issue but it's theirs to resolve.

Back