Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
sorry i now see that its 4 MONTHS.... i might get a G25 now because I cant wait that long. :( my DFGT is just not cutting it and it needs to be replaced ASAP

I hear the new DFGT is similar to G25 in force feedback. I have G25, its awesome, but Maybe wait the two more months for Porsche wheel? I don't know. G25 wont add that much new to the table compared with DFGT. It has less buttons on wheels, but better pedals, and good shifter.

Porsche wheel, I don't have it, but I look at specs and all the features it has as well reviews. Seems it way better then G25, vibration motors, better force feedback, smoother, realistic feel pedals, (new Club pedals really seem sporty) as well ABS feedback for PC games, and maybe GT5 game. the shifter is more real feel as well to G25s.

After watching Sim Racing Tonight review, it really sold me onto buying the RS wheel with new pedals. They say it feels more to driving a real car , and one of the BEST wheels out there for the money. But they did not test out the new PEDALS yet ;). Sure it's more money then G25, but G25 is really old wheel now. It wont bring nothing NEW to the table over the DFGT wheel. Except Shifter and stiffer Pedals.

I bought one for 350 USD, what is that? about 100 dollars more then G25? Sure withing 1 months you can save up that much and enjoy modern fresh wheel and pedals.

Perfect. So you are my (and GTP's) guinea pig.

If you have it, test it, write a nice review put this review on GTP! Let us know what you think of it and I will always be greatfull for that. ;)

Don't forget to PM me if you have it and tell me if you wrote a review, so I won't miss this review.

:)

Yeah Sure. I'll post some pics, etc.. and try to write a decent review. Sine I already Own DFP and G25, I will have something to compare it with.

*** EDIT****

I wrote 2 months more to wait..
actually its march 15th release date.. so about one more month!

Last edited:
I really enjoy your enthusiasm Nox, but to be fair, we really don't know yet if the pedals are actually going to be that much better than the G25's. I am thinking about getting the GT3 RS wheel though...

Yes that is true, the website states..
" With ForceFeedback actuator on the brake and fully adjustable."
It will beat G25 pedals. Unless Gas pedal only moves one inch lol..
They alone are 200 USD.. They better be damn good!

From looking at just pictures, looks like nice quality product.
padles_clubsport.jpg

Does the fanatic wheels support on the fly tuning? I know the GT has the knob on the wheel that allows this?

On another note, in GT5P, can you do on the fly tuning without the logitech GT wheel?

Another wheel, and this seems the best:

Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel

rs2mj1.jpg

rs4cy8.jpg

rs3pg8.jpg

rs5xl5.jpg

rs6zr6.jpg

Features:

· Big wheel rim diameter: 300 mm
· Genuine alcantara leather on the wheel rim. 100% the same material what Porsche is using in the real 911 GT3 RS (Fanatec ship this leather from Germany to the factory in China)
· Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
· TUNING LED to adjust Force feedback strength and steering angle.
· LED display shows telemetry data information from the game (speed, gear, shifting indicator, etc)
· Two additional vibration motors in the wheel rim
· 900° steering angle
· 14 buttons on the wheel rim
· Original reproduction of a 911 GT3 RS rim
· Designed for PC (PS3 games work but there are no button symbols)
· Clubsport shifter paddles (metal)
· Clubsport pedals with:

- Clutch and different meachanics for each pedal for more realism
- ABS vibration on brake pedal
- Contactless high precision sensors for gas and clutch
- Adjustable load cell pressure sensor for brake
- Adjustable spring strength
- Screw fixation of pedal unit

Technical differences from the 911 Turbo wheel:

· On/off switch
· No illuminated buttons
· Wired data transfer on wheel and pedal
· Possible upgrade with the 6+1 and secuential shifters

Launch price: 289 USD/€

Sooo much win. MY favorite Porsche!

Does the fanatic wheels support on the fly tuning? I know the GT has the knob on the wheel that allows this?

On another note, in GT5P, can you do on the fly tuning without the logitech GT wheel?

Good question...

The Porsche wheel has buttons on wheel that work like PS3's buttons.
And yes, you can configure the QUICK tune without DFGT wheel.
I can make my PS3 Dual Shock 3 and G25 work to the quick tune.. But I do not know if you can customize the buttons on Porsche wheel... unless it works under GT5P options CONTROLLER setup.

To set up a controller, Or DFP/G25 wheel all you need to do is to go into either DFP wheel options or Controller options and reconfigure each button.

anyone has a answer if it works with Porsche wheels?

By the way...

Here are links for REAL GT3 RS car's steering wheel.
http://seriouswheels.com/2007/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Steering-Wheel-1024x768.htm
http://seriouswheels.com/2007/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Interior-1280x960.htm

Last edited:
Thanks nox, i guess im just gonna get the 911 turbo s wheel as it looks like the best all around with the lighted buttons, and the multiplatforming, and the 6-speed shifter, and the clutch, and the vibration motors, and the metal padels, and the leather wheel, and the...OMG im drooling :P

Not the RS? ;)

Yeah Turbo S is multi platform... BUT!!.. I might be wrong..

I think for the Xbox.. you would need XBOX Porsche S wheel.. I might be wrong on it.. But if that is true, it's not really that multiplatform.

I don't know why, but always the PC and PS3 work with no problems, but for Xbox.. you know..

There is a fanatec guy on these forums, find him and contact him to really make sure ;)

Make sure you don't buy The Turbo Wheel and get the Plastic pedals and not the ClubSport.

For consoles we recommend to get the 911 Turbo S and not the GT3RS as the Turbo has the better compatibility to all platform. The GT3RS was designed for PC gamers and has limited compatibility.

Not the RS? ;)

I don't know why, but always the PC and PS3 work with no problems, but for Xbox.. you know..

That one is easy. Microsoft don't really want anyone else to sell peripherals for their console unless thru a hefty Microsoft licensing. It's the same with headsets or other hardware for the Xbox360. Sony has an agreement with Immersion, if I remember correctly. And supports third party developers like Logitech. It's the same with BlueTooth gear, most BT hardware works with the PS3.

ps
I also want a new shiny RS wheel for my PC/PS3.
ds

For consoles we recommend to get the 911 Turbo S and not the GT3RS as the Turbo has the better compatibility to all platform. The GT3RS was designed for PC gamers and has limited compatibility.

What exactly about the GT3RS wheel isn't compatible with PS3/GT5:P? I like the GT3RS the most out of all the 911 wheels for its design (especially the alcantara) and price. I personally don't care if it's wired or not, or if it comes with a memory stick. (what are memory sticks used for on these wheels anyway?)

Thanks for being so quick with your responses to our incessant questions.

On website it stated it works with most PS3 racing games that use Force Feedback.. So it will work with GT5P right?

*quote from Fanatec website*
Compatible with PC and PlayStation 3 (games which support Force Feedback wheels)

Review by trust worthy SRT guys!

They review Cheap wheel that turns out to be one of the best on market.

As well ideas about the ClubSport pedals! enjoy

Good Job Fanatec. I am really happy with my RS n ClubSport buy!

I use to be Logitech fan.
Now I think I'll be Fanatec fan once I receive my wheel :P
Having competition is really good. Now the two biggest wheel companies will have to invent something new and cheap.

But of Course, if new Logitech wheel comes out I will buy it too next year ;)

I'll be pre-ordering the Fanatec GT3 RS wheel anyday now. It sure is a helluva a bargin considering the quality and features blow away the G25, and any other console steering wheel on the market today. I just sure hope it is released on schedule...I can't take the wait anymore. :drool:

Question for Fanatec: Will the brake vibration feature on the clubsport pedals be functional with GT5P? Also will the options (6-speed shifter, and larger shifter paddles) be available at the launch? Like I said, I will be pre-ordering the wheel and pedals anyday now and would like to get everything at once if possible. BTW, you guys sure make some nice stuff for the money. Keep it up 👍 I will probably be buying your cockpit eventually as well ;)

The GT3RS wheel will come with the shifter paddles but we might have a little delay on the shifter set.

The brake vibration is not supported on GT5:P at the moment and it is unclear if it will be but we have a direct contact to Polyphony and they are evaluating it now.

The GT3RS wheel will come with the shifter paddles but we might have a little delay on the shifter set.

The brake vibration is not supported on GT5:P at the moment and it is unclear if it will be but we have a direct contact to Polyphony and they are evaluating it now.

So it's your fault Gran Turismo 5 isn't finished yet? :P... just kidding :D

Yeah PD would give us FULL game by now, it's just they are working on perfect Force feedback to brake LOL!
I hope PD gives a GO GO! It would be so cool to have such feature! And I hope we don't have to wait for full game, It be nice lil upgrade patch for Prologue.

By the way Fanatec, I already bought the RS wheel with Clubsports combo.. and shifters the other month. so are you going to send me an email once you send it out ?

Hello Fanatec,

I bought a RS wheel too... just need to wait one more month... I'm sure that technically make this wheel compatible with PS3 or PC isn't so difficult and you open a huge number potential costumers if you have it at least these two platforms... with all the games in it...

Another point is the wheel that you advice for PS3 it will be available again in July... so it's too long and too expensive... please I'm sure that you can produce the RS wheel compatible with consoles too.

Thank's,
Masas

Hello Fanatec,

I bought a RS wheel too... just need to wait one more month... I'm sure that technically make this wheel compatible with PS3 or PC isn't so difficult and you open a huge number potential costumers if you have it at least these two platforms... with all the games in it...

Another point is the wheel that you advice for PS3 it will be available again in July... so it's too long and too expensive... please I'm sure that you can produce the RS wheel compatible with consoles too.

Thank's,
Masas

On their site, It says it works with PS3 and all games that feature Force Feedback.
And on fact/specs sheet, It statses that RS wheel only works for PC and PS3.

* PC: All racing games which support Force Feedback racing wheels.
The vibration motor on the brake and the LED display need special plug-ins which can be downloaded from the support section.
* PlayStation 3:Some racing games will be compatible but compatibility cannot be guaranteed.

I do play a lot of SIM racers.. but
I just hope Gran Turismo 5 Prologe and FULL GT5 game will work because that is the only game that I love to play with a wheel on a console.

This link shows all the info on wheel and to what is compatible.
http://www.fanatec.de/html/pw_overview.htm

Hey Fanatec
Why some wheels feature USB memory stick? Does the stick upgrades wheel software or what?
So If my RS Clubsport wheel arrives here... and GT5Prologue wont work.. can I update the wheel in some way?

By the way, the current RS wheel that you guys test on.. does it work with current version of GT5Prologue?

Curently all wheels work with GT5:P. But for playing GT5 and if you want to be 100% sure that all future PS3 games will work go for the new Turbo S. Trust me.

I, for the first time, saw the Fanatec Turbo wheel in the shops last weekend. I have to say, there's a really nice feel to the wheel in the quality department. Still have my G25 over the Turbo wheel though.

The GT3RS wheel looks pretty good, probably overshadowing the G25 in a few aspects. Can't wait to see what the GT2 wheel will be like :lol:

Curently all wheels work with GT5:P. But for playing GT5 and if you want to be 100% sure that all future PS3 games will work go for the new Turbo S. Trust me.

I already bought RS ;)

GT2 wheel? LOL
I think it looks just like GT3 RS wheel.
15004-2008-Porsche-GT2.jpg

Latest Posts

Back