Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
Hi

I have ordered a Porsche Turbo S Pure for Pc / PS3 & 360 use but not scheduled for delivery until July.

I already have a G25 and intend to get the Clubsport pedals to go with the Turbo S. I may end up getting the GT3RS because it is only around £80 more for the wheel and pedals as opposed to the pedals alone.

I did ask if I ordered the Turbo S clubsport pack ie wheels & pedals then could I have the pedals now rather than waiting until July particularly as money would be taken - I could then use them with the G25 on the Pc for iRacing etc in the meantime but fanatec said they could only ship them altogether - I don`t mind paying the extra shipping :grumpy:

Anyway I presently use a wheelstandpro and wish to get a racing seat / cockpit. I like the look of the Alcantara Playseat Evolution - the current model not the ones due in April / May. The only concern I have is whether it will be able to cope with the Clubsport pedals - particularly if the pedal resistance is turned up. Has anyone experience of a Playseat with either pre-production CS pedals or some similar heavy duty pedals ?

Many Thanks
Everyone on here claims that the playseat won't work with the mod g25 pedals. So I'm assuming the playseat will need some more support under the pedal plate with the clubsport pedals. My playseat evo's pedal plate, shifts a little to the side with the regular g25 pedals, when I push in the gas, or brake.
I plan to weld an extra brace under mine, when I receive the new fanatec wheel setup.
You should look into the obbuto seat for the clubsport pedals. I wish I would have known about it when I purchased the playseat. If I can find someone to give me a decent price on my playseat, then I will definitely get the obutto once I get the new clubsport pedals.

I have PlaySteats Evolution chair. And G25, the Shifter mod too, everyhing is rock solid. As well never had problems when pushing down on PEDALS really really hard to test it out if it is solid, and it is solid. The normal Playseats chairs look bit flimsy
These days there are so many cockpits out there. Go for one you like and fit money wise.

Bevo you got it right. It will budge with heavier pedals with more resistance on the brake. It´s not just the pedal plate also the bottom tube and the chair a bit too... However I don´t expect to get the same resistance for the club sport pedals as with the nixim brake mod so it may be fine with just support for the pedal tray :)

noxNoctis Umbra don´t put to much hope on the rumble motors... I have my buttkickers and I LOVE the rumble those gives me. But rumbles that is only felt in the wheel just feels a bit weird for me and don´t really add anything. It´s a bit better in rFactor with the module that let you feel when you overrev and such then it´s a bit more useful but just engine rumble didn´t really do it for me. I don´t use it in arcade games either.

I don´t expect it to replicate true abs feel either for the pedals since it´s not force feedback just rumble. Now again my LFE does make the pedals rumble a little bit as well so it surely is a bit nice to tickle your feet :)

But for me it´s not that huge of a selling argument for me either on the pedals or the wheel it´s no replacement for a transducer which does make it feel more real. Hope to get pleasently surprised though.

Of course it wont replicate real ABS feel, but hey, its something.. Someone has to make these steps by including rumble on pedal and wheel. Lets see how it works once it's out. :) And I can't wait for FUTURE products because this wheel pretty much will set standards for newcomers.

I have PlaySteats Evolution chair... As well never had problems when pushing down on PEDALS really really hard to test it out if it is solid, and it is solid. The normal Playseats chairs look bit flimsy

Pedal base of the PlaySeats Evo flex using the brake mod, ever (probably more than the original PlaySeats pedal base).

Pedal base of the PlaySeats Evo flex using the brake mod, ever (probably more than the original PlaySeats pedal base).

Hmm I push my brake pedal really hard many times to test it out ... no flexing.. or maybe not hard enough? lol If so, I will just fortify the structure. Just buy some tubes, drill some holes, easy as pie :)

Hmmm

Some say the Playseats do flex others say they do not. I will be using the ClubSport pedals so I am slightly worried about this. I imagine they are about the same force required as a Nixim brake-modded G25 ?

I am looking into an Obutto (expensive to the UK) or a Rino seat.

Cheers

those that say it doesn´t flex uses unmodded G25 pedals and don´t try to brake harder then to get 100 % braking Trust me it do flex a LOT with the nixim brake mod. To the point I wouldn´t want to run with that for a long time not hundred percent it can take it in the long run... I don´t expect the club sport to be as stiff though. Would be at maximum stiffness. Wasn´t the load cell rated at 50 kg? I have 100 or something on my CST pedals and aren´t that much stiffer than the nixim brake mod. However the pedals are bigger and you have a bigger moment arm to pull so not a total valid comparison of course :).

I don´t really see Fanatec putting that amount of pressure as minimum force though. Way to hardcore for consumer pedals. I wouldn´t want that for arcade games that´s for sure then I would use the clutch instead

Yeah Sure the Pedals will be stiffer then G25's but not THAT stiff as everyone thinks. Real car setups are not that stiff.. and I driven from Pick-up trucks to luxury cars to most simple Toyota corollas. (never a stick tho, so I don't know how clutch feels like) But always I never noticed I need to stand up to press on the Brake pedal.. So I don't worry about flexing. If it does, I'll try to reinforce the structure.. any ides on good tube or steel application?

Oh wait, when I was lil kid, I had to when driving my fathers tractor lol!

I thought I'd update this thread.

Clubsport Pedal production started

Submitted by Thomas on Fri, 02/27/2009 - 11:09.

"I am happy to announce that we just started production of the CSP and that we did not have any major problem.

We are confident to ship the units in time."

CSP_production.jpg

Hopefully everything is on schedule. Only a couple more weeks until we should have the GT3 wheels and clubsport pedals in our hands :) Maybe Thomas will be able to give us an update on the production/shipping status 👍

Last edited:
Great news! Woot, I can't wait!!!

Hmm what should be the first game I test my new Wheel and Pedals on? Any suggestions for PC? I am thinking trying out iRacing, because GTR Evo got dull really fast on me.

I'm not sure if that means all that much for the people who pre-ordered their GT3 wheel several months ago (NoxNoctis and myself). At least I hope so :nervous: A couple of weeks ago Thomas did say that they were coming close to filling up the pre-orders for their initial production run, and that after a certain amount of orders had been recieved, the rest of the orders would be shipped out in the end of April. 👍 I believe he said that in the thread. Maybe they've just updated their site to reflect this 👍

I'm not sure if that means all that much for the people who pre-ordered their GT3 wheel several months ago (NoxNoctis and myself). At least I hope so :nervous: A couple of weeks ago Thomas did say that they were coming close to filling up the pre-orders for their initial production run, and that after a certain amount of orders had been recieved, the rest of the orders would be shipped out in the end of April. 👍 I believe he said that in the thread. Maybe they've just updated their site to reflect this 👍

Good point!

I really hope so.

Few threads above, with the Production picture, it mentions that they will receive the wheels in couple of weeks. So we might get our wheels and pedals on expected day! :)

Quick question to the FANATEC guy.

At the same day, well same minute of my RS + ClubSport combo order, I order in the Shifter and extension cable.. When will I receive the cable and shifters? Same day as the wheel comes?

Thanks! It would suck if I would receive shifter lets say few weeks before or few weeks later haha.

Fanatec, do you guys have any official forums?

911wheel.de I think not that active though. This must effect all RS orders... I would rather wait one week to get a wheel that hopefully have no over heating issues then take a chance on an earlier model...

As for sim to try it iRacing is supposed to have good force feedback haven´t driven it much. If you are tired of Evolution maybe Live 4 speed or netkar PRO?

yeah iRacing I know I will get 3 month subscribtion :)

Live 4 speed, I was thinking about it for long time now, but I hear rFactor 2 is coming out, and I might save up for that instead.

Great...looks like we have at least another month to wait for our GT3 wheels/clubsport pedals :nervous:

"911 GT3 RS production started but delayed
Submitted by Thomas on Tue, 03/10/2009 - 12:47.

We successfully started the production of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS wheel this week but due to a problem with the cooling system of the motor we had to delay the production.

The delivery will be delayed for one month until end of April. The Clubsport pedals are affected as well because the two products will be shipped together.

As soon I have pictures I will show them to you."

I got an email saying that my shifter adapter, and longer cable has shipped. To bad it's gonna be another 3 months before my wheel comes.
The shifter adapter being here, is going to make it seem like forever. Every time I see it it's gonna drive me nuts.

whell you can start mounting the adapter and hiding the cable by the time wheel gets over.. about 48days :P (my guess) you will have it all set up and ready!

Latest info regarding the availability of the new GT3 wheel and clubsport pedals for those who haven't order there's yet

"PWGt3RS and CSP: First shipment sold out

Submitted by Thomas on Fri, 03/13/2009 - 15:17.

The shipment which arrives in April is completely sold out!

thanks to all your trust in this new product and to purchase it without even reading tests about it.

Unfortunatly it will take quite a while until the next shipment will arrive in June.

This affects the wheel and the Clubsport pedals as well as the bundle.

We really need to ramp up the production..."

I order my long time ago, I got email today stating I will have my on End of April.

Oh well one more month of waiting!

Hopefully I'll get an email today as well. The only email I've recieved from Fanatec so far was the one confirming that they recieved my payment :irked: Thanks 👍

This is the exact letter I revived. Does not states that I will get it by end of April, but everyone that pre order it so it seems.

Dear customers,

We regret to tell you that the delivery of the following products will be delayed:

Porsche 911 GT3 RS -ALCANTARA-
Porsche 911 GT3 RS -Clubsport-
Clubsport Pedals USB

The new delivery date will be end of April.

In the last production stage we found some small bugs but also possible modifications and features which will make these products even better.
For example we increased the resolution of the pedal axis to 1024 values.
Of course you can cancel your order at any time but we hope you stay with us and thank you for your patience. I am sure you will be satisfied.

Best regards
Thomas

Thanks for posting the message Nox 👍 At least they're taking their time and putting in the effort to deliver the best possible product for the consumer. I still can't wait though :lol:

Back