Anybody still play GT6?

• Thread starter Convergent
  • 207 comments
Do I still play GT6? Yes. Arcade Time Attack and Seasonal Time Trials. That's it.

I go back to GT5 if I want a race against AI. (Practice mode Single Make Race, chose a stock car, fit two grades worse tyres and enjoy.)

Actually there are people who a) didn't buy GT6 or b) stopped playing GT6 or c) only very occasionally play GT6. And yet many of those people still come to GTP as it is more than just the GT6 forum. The question is not quite as irrelevant as you might think it is.
Still can't understand why you would be on the GRAN TURISMO FORUM if you were not playing any of the GRAN TURISMO games My Opinion Only :cheers:

Edit - And not looking for an argument but I notice that members VBR , PYRATES and BLUE CHARGER spend most of their time on the epic crying and whinging thread ( Just Saying) A MOD can delete this if this is out of order. :)

Last edited:
Still can't understand why you would be on the GRAN TURISMO FORUM if you were not playing any of the GRAN TURISMO games My Opinion Only :cheers:

Edit - And not looking for an argument but I notice that members VBR , PYRATES and BLUE CHARGER spend most most of their time on the epic crying and whinging thread ( Just Saying) A MOD can delete this if this is out of order. :)
I take no offense. Hopefully some wingnut at PD will notice and figure out it's because their game doesn't keep me occupied:D.:cheers:
But you should read your posts about this again after reading post #51 I think. MrSerious is the fly in your ointment.

I take no offense. Hopefully some wingnut at PD will notice and figure out it's because their game doesn't keep me occupied:D.:cheers:
But you should read your posts about this again after reading post #51 I think. MrSerious is the fly in your ointment.
I think that it is highly unlikely that anyone at PD is listening to us.:)
So lets just enjoy it for what it is eh.
Still no matter we are off track here but I still think the OP is pointless indeed :cheers:

Edit - And not looking for an argument but I notice that members VBR , PYRATES and BLUE CHARGER spend most of their time on the epic crying and whinging thread ( Just Saying) A MOD can delete this if this is out of order. :)

The majority comes to GTP for GT that is true. The thing is that many stay for other things although they might have skipped GT6 (but remain close to the franchise) or quit the franchise altogether. Look around the forums a bit. Depending on GT7 I will most likely switch to PC for my racing needs in the next generation but I will definitely stay on GTP for its great community. The GT franchise brought us here but we all share the same love for motorsports and cars in general.

As for your edit:
You are rather wrong with your observation. I for instance spend most of my time in the online racing forums and also spend quite some time in the motorsports forum and GT6 forums in general.
@VBR might have posted quite a bit in that thread but he sure as hell isn't whining. If anything VBR is one of the few who has to offer well organized and constructive criticism. As far as I know he lost his patience with GT6 went back to GT5 for now.
I am quite sure @bluecharger also doesn't spend most of his time in that thread as far as I can tell. He is pretty much everywhere and even finds the time to correct my grammar when I screw up. :lol:

I still play to buy some new cars, trying to find a car which feel less boring to drive, but it's a hard task in GT. When you buy a cool car it sounds like.... you know.
In more than a hundred cars in my garage, I can only have fun with the Ford GT40 and some GT3 and Super GT cars.

Last edited:
The majority comes to GTP for GT that is true. The thing is that many stay for other things although they might have skipped GT6 (but remain close to the franchise) or quit the franchise altogether. Look around the forums a bit. Depending on GT7 I will most likely switch to PC for my racing needs in the next generation but I will definitely stay on GTP for its great community. The GT franchise brought us here but we all share the same love for motorsports and cars in general.

As for your edit:
You are rather wrong with your observation. I for instance spend most of my time in the online racing forums and also spend quite some time in the motorsports forum and GT6 forums in general.
@VBR might have posted quite a bit in that thread but he sure as hell isn't whining. If anything VBR is one of the few who has to offer well organized and constructive criticism. As far as I know he lost his patience with GT6 went back to GT5 for now.
I am quite sure @bluecharger also doesn't spend most of his time in that thread as far as I can tell. He is pretty much everywhere and even finds the time to correct my grammar when I screw up. :lol:
Sorry guys, :embarrassed: I'm bit a grumpy and tired and have square eyes from actually playing Gran Turismo 5 & 6 . Both are games that I enjoying playing in career mode and online seasonal events. I can't understand why you guys are so anti. Sorry didn't mean to make disparaging remarks about anyone. My apologies VBR , Blue Charger, and Pyrates.:embarrassed:
I'm going to follow my own advice and relax.:)

:cheers: :gtpflag:

Still can't understand why you would be on the GRAN TURISMO FORUM if you were not playing any of the GRAN TURISMO games

Because some of us still love what Gran Turismo used to be. Back before patches were the norm, back before putting out an unfinished game with a list of stuff to follow months and years later, back before artificially inflating your content numbers was a thing, there were some great games.

GT5 and GT6 are decent games, but they're nothing compared to how spectacular some of the older games in the series were in their day.

Some of us remain in hope that the patches will make GT6 into the special game that it should be. Some of us remain in the hope that PD take some of the constructive criticism to heart in GT7, and produce a game that is worthy of being released in 2014/15.

It's great that people like yourself find the games to be so enjoyable. But understand that unless you have a very specific playstyle (which you probably do), it's tough to be totally satisfied with GT6. There are so many odd design choices that simply limit play to one way, and if you don't like it you're SOL.

Sorry guys, :embarrassed: I'm bit a grumpy and tired and have square eyes from actually playing Gran Turismo 5 & 6 . Both are games that I enjoying playing in career mode and online seasonal events. I can't understand why you guys are so anti. Sorry didn't mean to make disparaging remarks about anyone. My apologies VBR , Blue Charger, and Pyrates.:embarrassed:
I'm going to follow my own advice and relax.:)

:cheers: :gtpflag:
Well, I've previously stated that I was "done" with what was available and so in fits of boredom come here to complain and discuss and whine and point things out, and generally terrorize mods with my next fixation. But tres apropos of what you just said (relax) I've spent the last hour working on the last star I needed. Bugatti at Ascari. I came to it with a time-in-hand of 1:45.2XX and after 7 false starts, got to the finish line with a 1:14.2XX. So close. 18 busted laps later (3 times sliding off the second-to-last right curve, with a lead on the 1:14.2 ghost), with toes cramping from curling so much, 1:42.7XX and gold, and the S License. So now I'm properly bored again:lol:. :cheers:

Also, if it weren't for discussions starting here about the seasonals, I'd never know when new ones come up. My "NEW" tag feature has been "broken" since my day 1:grumpy:.

Well, I've previously stated that I was "done" with what was available and so in fits of boredom come here to complain and discuss and whine and point things out, and generally terrorize mods with my next fixation. But tres apropos of what you just said (relax) I've spent the last hour working on the last star I needed. Bugatti at Ascari. I came to it with a time-in-hand of 1:45.2XX and after 7 false starts, got to the finish line with a 1:14.2XX. So close. 18 busted laps later (3 times sliding off the second-to-last right curve, with a lead on the 1:14.2 ghost), with toes cramping from curling so much, 1:42.7XX and gold, and the S License. So now I'm properly bored again:lol:. :cheers:

Also, if it weren't for discussions starting here about the seasonals, I'd never know when new ones come up. My "NEW" tag feature has been "broken" since my day 1:grumpy:.

I don't think there is a 'new' tag for the seasonals. Or maybe mine is broken as well.

"Anybody still play GT6 or just go to GTPlanet?"

Haven't played GT6 for sometime. Busy with other things and playing other genre of games. I am close to 150hrs of GT6 though. Waiting for some nice update, DLC. But I think they are moving their attention to PS4 now

Come back to it recently after a couple of months away from the game due to being busy with other things and not seeing any real progress with the game updates. Recently though I just got a hankering for some driving games and GT is my go-to title as I still think it's the best feeling driving game available. Even though online is a little barren right now I still manage to find a decent room every time I play, which to me is all I need. Gran Turismo is still the only console driving title I think reflects proper driving techniques without background code nannying you round the tougher bits.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of the Senna Anniversary content.

I still play GT5 AND GT6. All of my friends that I use to race with online have stopped playing after GT6 came out but, I still play, tuning cars and doing silly stuff like running the 24 minutes at the Ring with an Abarth 500. It's also fun to use the Suzuki Escundo in the dark with no headlights! For pure entertainment value, it was money well spent. Now we have a new tuning site in GTPlanet but I don't see much use for it since I don't race online. There are no Seasonal Events where I can use my tuned cars. I go back to the GT5 Seasonals to "race". After GT6 came out, I see little hope for GT7. I'm looking forward to some alternate games that will be out later this year, but I'll probably still play GT6 now and again.

Because some of us still love what Gran Turismo used to be. Back before patches were the norm, back before putting out an unfinished game with a list of stuff to follow months and years later, back before artificially inflating your content numbers was a thing, there were some great games.

GT5 and GT6 are decent games, but they're nothing compared to how spectacular some of the older games in the series were in their day.

Some of us remain in hope that the patches will make GT6 into the special game that it should be. Some of us remain in the hope that PD take some of the constructive criticism to heart in GT7, and produce a game that is worthy of being released in 2014/15.

It's great that people like yourself find the games to be so enjoyable. But understand that unless you have a very specific playstyle (which you probably do), it's tough to be totally satisfied with GT6. There are so many odd design choices that simply limit play to one way, and if you don't like it you're SOL.

Yes, I have exactly THAT feeling now that I began playing GT3, wich was the only GT I have not played fully yet. Don't know how to explain it properly, but it has a type of solid and quality feeling that in my opinnion did not had GT5 and 6.

And graphics are pretty nice for such an old game, with nice details like sun shining through the trees at trail mountain, or the heat haze, just to say a few examples.

Stopped playing since i started playing GTA Online. It's like i just continued where i left off in GT5. It's... very weird. And to top it off, the Seasonal Events are all done wrong... You have to purchase 9 out of 10 cars required for the Seasonals. That's twisted.

Stopped playing since i started playing GTA Online. It's like i just continued where i left off in GT5. It's... very weird. And to top it off, the Seasonal Events are all done wrong... You have to purchase 9 out of 10 cars required for the Seasonals. That's twisted.
Um... Try again, lol. 12/13 seasonals have cars in which the car is won by completing the game. The other 1/13 is loaned to you.

Um... Try again, lol. 12/13 seasonals have cars in which the car is won by completing the game. The other 1/13 is loaned to you.

I'm pretty sure there have been more than 13 seasonals so far. I saw some racecars, some supercars (The Diaglo GT amongst them) in previous Seasonals that had to be purchased in order to participate. It was enough for me to stay away from the game for a long, long time.

I'm pretty sure there have been more than 13 seasonals so far. I saw some racecars, some supercars (The Diaglo GT amongst them) in previous Seasonals that had to be purchased in order to participate. It was enough for me to stay away from the game for a long, long time.
12/13... As in 12 out of 13... as in 24 out of 26... see what I'm saying?
The Diablo GT2 is won FOR FREE from acquiring all stars in iB. So next time you say something, make it a fact. Not wrong.

spot-on mate, couldnt have said it better myself :cheers:

I have to agree with you 👍.

You win GTPlanet today sir. Well said.

I feel the same way, but when I try to put it into words, it comes out in a jumbled mess that makes zero sense.

Nah, not playing GT6.
Sure I'll buy a car and paint it every now and again, but mostly I've gone back to playing MW3.
That game never gets old.

Back