Anyone of you racing with gloves?

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 52 comments
Italy
Italy
karsten_beoulve
I know it sounds a bit silly but during my 90mins endurance races i feel sweathy hands and lower than optiman grip on my wheel, so i'm wondering who of you uses gloves with their wheels, what kind of and what are the pro/cons?

thanks in advance.

I currently race with DFGT, "sponge brake mod", all wheels settings as simulation, FFB and FFT at 10, no gloves.

Yes i wore gloves. They were random neoprene style fishing gloves with either cut off fingers and then the retractable finger style.

Saves getting blisters from the DFGT too..

I quit using my DFGT with 5 because of the crappy brakes. That "sponge" mod you mentioned. Do you just wedge a chunk of sponge in there to increase resistance? My bungee mod was worse than stock.

No gloves. I have seen a funny YouTube video of some guy playing gt5 with a full face helmet on.:lol:

Round stress squezer ball chop it into half or quarters and place under break pedal and test!

I don't racing with gloves... If I would do it, I would be in the wheel, not in DS3. All my races were done on DS3 controller.

Try barefoot on the DFGT pedals. Much better feel. Cant feel anything with shoes on and just socks is too slippery. No gloves. Also the simulation settings in GT6 do not apply to the DFGT. If you notice, they are grayed out. Only applies to wheels with 200 degrees of motion or less. DFGT is 900 degrees. Makes no difference how you set it.

Don't see the appeal of gloves, but holding the wheel at 9 & 3 with the T500RS can give me a blister on my thumb knuckle, so I've put plasters on before long sessions before!

sparco karting gloves here.
I just hate a sweaty and used looking wheel :D:tup:
image.jpg

I quit using my DFGT with 5 because of the crappy brakes. That "sponge" mod you mentioned. Do you just wedge a chunk of sponge in there to increase resistance? My bungee mod was worse than stock.

No gloves. I have seen a funny YouTube video of some guy playing gt5 with a full face helmet on.:lol:

Lol. Me and my friend the other day was joking about some guys probably be wearing a full racing suit and helmet with the gloves and stuff when playing gran turismo.:lol:Some leagues probably does this lol.

Last edited:

I used half ARTENGO ball, it's soooooo much better, the rubber is very good foam like and i can't believe the difference it makes!

Try barefoot on the DFGT pedals. Much better feel. Cant feel anything with shoes on and just socks is too slippery. No gloves. Also the simulation settings in GT6 do not apply to the DFGT. If you notice, they are grayed out. Only applies to wheels with 200 degrees of motion or less. DFGT is 900 degrees. Makes no difference how you set it.
I use those "walking shoes", They have very thin sole, very soft and sensitive, way batter than barefoot for me :)

I used my karting gloves for a while, because I started to get a bone spur on the bottom my left thumb knuckle. I put a wheel rim cover on it from a car parts store and now I don't use gloves. The padels don't have enough clearance behind them to hit the padels correctly every time. Got too annoying. My g27 gave me a freaking bone spur, though! Crazy. I have them on my heals from playing a lot of hockey when I was younger. Didn't expect it from this haha. I've always barefooted my pedals, though. Well, with socks, just no shoes.

I used half ARTENGO ball, it's soooooo much better, the rubber is very good foam like and i can't believe the difference it makes!
Would you mind taking a photo of your modification? I am unfamiliar with this mod. I also have a DFGT and would be interested in trying this out. Thank you!

Would you mind taking a photo of your modification? I am unfamiliar with this mod. I also have a DFGT and would be interested in trying this out. Thank you!
when i get the chance i'll post a pic of it, it's so easy :D

I use gloves when I'm racing because my hands get sweaty and slip on the wheel. The gloves were cheap "handy man" gloves from Home Depot/Lowe's/Ace Hardware. $12-$15 a pair.http://www.acehardware.com/product/...37&cp=2568443.2568444.2598672.4355274.1260304 They work quite fine for my purposes.
Also when I had a DFGT wheel I went to Kmart or some other such dept. store and bought a bag of replacement NERF balls like these:http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/shop/details.cfm?R=91B80F27-6D40-1014-8BF0-9EFBF894F9D4:en_US. I stuffed 2 of them in behind the brake pedal of my DFGT and it made the pedals feel better. They don't feel like my modded G27 pedals but they were far better with the balls inserted behind the brake pedal than they were stock.

I race with biking gloves, which have finger cut outs, which means I can press buttons and use my keyboard, but still get the benefit of the gloves (no sweat, protect wheel surface, better grip, etc.). I use a T500 with GT rim and a TX wheel with GTE add-on rim.

http://m.imgur.com/8m1jIJk

Half ball in, cut part to the ground. I bought 2 sizes of foamy artengo balls.

Sorry 4 double post But on cellphone...
Ahhh thank you. After I read your post earlier today I went on youtube and came across this VIDEO. I will have to get myself a piece of foam to try it, but I think it's worth trying out. I believe the brake pedal on the DFGT is one of its weakest components.

No. I've been meaning to, because my wheel rim is getting coarser by now. Need to have separate ones for this purpose though.

I'm in the perfuse sweaty hand group lol. I wear gloves if I'm doing long runs to keep me from ruining the leather on the wheel. I don't use anything fancy just some normal ventilated baseball gloves, works really well and are very light weight.

Back