Apparently my premium ran out. No warning?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 57 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
I think I remember getting warning emails in years past that my premium membership was going to run out. I log in tonight to see that it has lapsed without any prior warning it was going to end. I thought something was up when I was seeing ads.

Did I miss something or is this how it is now? Can't afford to renew until the end of the week.

Never been financially possible for me, including right now where every cent I have lately goes to getting my car back on the road.

Never the less, that doesn't matter. What this thread is about is why I wasn't reminded by email that is was running out like it has in years past.

*waits for him to realize he has GTPremium again*

I'm betting it's either a glitch or the new forum software doesn't support it.

I had this bug where i was premium when i shouldn't have been.

I kinda knew when it expired which was late december, yet still had it.

Mine expired on Christmas day but it only finished yesterday. Bit of a shock when it happened but I did get almost 2 months more than I should have done.

I assume the infield is now celebrating. :lol:

Mine was supposed to have expired 29th December and has now expired...

The biggest shock I ever had on GTP was to find out that I was given a lifetime GTpremium by a very friendly mod.

Every fiber of my body glowed with positivity.

Last edited:
The biggest shock I ever had on GTP was to find out that I was given a lifetime GTpremium by a very friendly mod.

Every fiber of my body glowed with positivity.
I got it from someone I wouldn't have expected it from either lol.

TB
I was surprised when I asked my wife if she minded me spending the money for Lifetime and she said no. :D
Well as long as you only buy one copy of it.

"Look honey! I bought 3 lifetime subscriptions!"

@Jordan
My Premium ran out but I am not seeing advertisements in the forums. Is this new with GTP12 or a glitch?

Sorry to invade the thread, but when I look at account upgrades, i'm only given the option of GTPremium Annual. Is there any reason why I can't see Lifetime?

No; lifetime subscriptions are no longer available to purchase.

No; lifetime subscriptions are no longer available to purchase.

When did that take place?
I was still able to upgrade from yearly to lifetime in the first week of Jan. this year.
Will this change affect the accounts of those of us who upgraded to lifetime going forward?

Why did that change?

Also why can't I see how long is left on my premium? I know I was gifted it today but there is usually an expire date on it.

Changes are coming to premium service soon; I won't be going into detail on that yet.

You should be able to see when your subscription runs out when viewing https://www.gtplanet.net/premium/, but you might not see it there with a gift subscription purchase - I haven't tested that condition. Otherwise, you can presume your gift subscription lasts for one year from the date of purchase.

Will the ability to buy lifetime subscriptions to GTPremium return when the changes take place?

That's too bad, I was using the fact I'd only need to make one purchase to justify getting a paypal account and getting one of those green cards you can get at stores in order to use paypal without a credit card.

Back