Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
mooresville, NC
FRT_LEGACY97
Welcome to...
picture.php

If you have seen the page in interest checks it is official!! This series is based off of the ARCA Re/max series. I have done some testing and have made the regulations so that the NASCAR cars (which I am using because they are the only stock cars in the game) match the speeds of a real ARCA car. I hope we can all have fun racing side by side in what I am sure will be an action packed season.

Room Regulations:
Laps: depends on track.
Start type: it will be rolling for every track
Grid order: Fastest First
Boost: off
Penalties: none but don't cut track on road courses
Race finish delay 180sec
Visible damage: off
Mechanical damage: light
Disable Collisions off for race but on for Qualifying
Slipstream: weak
Tyre wear: normal
Grip reduction: real
Aids: all off except ABS

Specs:
Tyres: must start on Racing Soft but can use Racing mediums or hards after
808 HP
1565 KG

here is the proposed schedule

1. Daytona-100 laps
2. .43 oval- 120 laps
3. .28 tri-oval- 180 laps
4. .39 tri-oval- 125 laps
5. Daytona- 100 laps
6. Concord Speedway- 120 laps
7. Indy- 100 laps
8. Pocono-100 laps
9. .39 tri-oval- 125
10. Grand Valley- 35 laps
11. .43 oval- 120 laps
12. Twin Ring Motegi-Superspeedway- 100 laps
13. Barber Motorsports Park
14. Pocono- 100 laps
15. .28 tri-oval- 180 laps
16. undecided
17. .39 tri-oval- 125 laps
18. undecided
19. Twin Ring Motegi- Superspeedway- 100 laps
20. .43 oval- 120 laps
21. Concord Speedway- 120 laps
22. Indy- 100 laps

Yes the schedule is long, but that is because if you miss a few races you can possibly gain the points back that you lost. I am not sure on a date yet but races will most likely be on Wednesdays. Not sure on a time yet so just ask me.

Points System:
Pole Position: 1
most laps lead: 3
1st: 16
2nd:15
3rd: 14
4th: 13
5th: 12
6th: 11
7th: 10
8th: 9
9th: 8
10th:7
11th:6
12th:5
13th:4
14th:3
15th:2
16th:1

It's kind of NASCAR style but I think it is the best for close points battles

Rules:
Starts: Leader sets pace but may not slow down just before start line. we will line up double file in the order we qualified and make 1 lap under caution conditions when the leader reaches the START/FINISH line the race will begin.

Cutting Track: For Daytona do not pass under the yellow line. For road course don't cut corners. that's it.

Qualifying:I can't decide whether I want to do qualifying during the week and have drivers qualify by themselves or do a batch qualifying where everyone shows up on race day and qualifies all at once with Disable Collisions on. They both have their strengths and weakness' so I will let whoever signs up decide. Also, For Daytona do not go under the yellow line while qualifying or your lap will not count and you will start at the back. For road course don't cut corners.

Lapping:My rule is if you are getting lapped stay low. If you are being lapped don't run your normal line. If you are the lapping driver go around the lapped car don't try to move them it only slows YOU down. That's basically it, all other rules apply.

Tyres: Everyone will start on Racing Softs. If you want to change to Racing Hards during the race that is fine. Don't be stupid and use sports or comfort tyres. They don't work.

Contact: Ok so alot of these tracks are short tracks I understand that there is little racing room and there maybe some contact. that is fine, but what I don't want to see is intentional or extensive contact between two or more cars. for example smashing into someone down the straight away, running into the back of someone so that they spin or are forced way outside the racing line. which leads us to dive bombing.

Dive Bombing: 1. everyone does it. 2. just about the only way to pass on a short track is to beat someone into the turn (I should know I race short track ovals in real life). I'm ok with dive bombing to a certain extent, what I mean by this is if a driver is on the rear bumper of another driver than it is ok to pull inside just before the braking zone and try to out brake. What I don't mean is a driver 2 or 3 car lengths back trying to out brake the driver in front.

Pits: for the tracks that do have pits there is a maximum pit road entry speed of 90 mph. DON'T GO FULL SPEED INTO THE PITS!! Drivers must be going 90 mph or less or they will be fined points for their infraction. that being said I will give a 2 mph allowance and that is it.

Cautions: There will be cautions but only if 2 or more drivers are caught in a wreck. during cautions the field must line up single file unless it is the start of the race in which drivers will be double file. The caution speed is 60 mph. If you are the leader it is your responsibility to keep the pace. If anyone INLINE is speeding they will be penalized in points. if you are bumping and causing accidents during caution you will be fined points and possibly suspended 1 race or more depending on severity. Also, If a wreck happens and a driver looses position due to that wreck that driver does NOT get his/her spot back even if it was not your fault. You were in it you start at the back of the field. That being said in the same situation the driver that makes it back to the field first gets the spot. meaning if 2 drivers are dead on track the first one to make it back to the field gets the spot. However, if one driver is within 5 car lengths of the rest of the field the driver behind may NOT pass. the race will alow for 3 green white checkered finishes.

Short Tracks: short tracks will be comprised of multiple races adding up to the set number of laps. They will most likely be 40 to 50 lap races. For example if the race is 120 laps there will be 3 races of 40 laps each. In the first race drivers must start on racing softs but during the second and third drivers can switch to racing hards or mediums. But remember there are no pits so whatever u start with u will be stuck with until the next race

Penalties:
Contact Penalty: depends on severity
pre-strike: warning
minor infractions: 1-4 points
major infractions: 5 points-race suspension

Dive Bombing Penalty:
strike 1: 1-3 points
strike 2: 3-5 points
strike 3: 5 points-race suspension (or your out!)

Pit Penalty:
To Fast Entering

Caution Penalty:

Speeding
Here is how this will work if you are going to fast I will warn you. If you continue to go to fast I will warn you again in case you did not here me. If you still are going to fast I will tell you to go to the back of the field. If you do not comply I will suspend you for one race or until you learn how to maintain caution speed. Get it, Got it, Good!

Lapping Penalty:
Failure to move to inside line when being lapped:

Contact with lapped car when lapping.

Misc Penalties:
Cutting Track:

Bad Start:

Illegal tyre at start of race:
Start at back of field

To sign up please give me the following:
GTP name
PSN name
Car you will be using

I think I pretty much covered it all. questions, comments, concerns, are you interested?

Also, I am looking for more user made tracks preferably either short track ovals or around 1 mile to 1.5 mile ovals. I am open for suggestions on road courses too.

Last edited:
I am online now if anyone wants to check the series out you can test the tracks I created and ask me any questions you might have.

Think it's a bit late to start something like this. Also racing softs :ill: make sure ABS disabled for authentic ARCA brakes :P

I've heard GT6 will have the old 90's era NASCAR's so that will be better for this ARCA series

this doesnt appear to be getting any traction..... looks like it might have to wait until GT6... but Im in if you get more folks to join.

yeah if NASCAR is even in GT6. there are only rumors that it will include 90's style stock cars which is more like an ARCA car anyways

I'm interested in it. I just can't do anything over the week. School's h:censored:ll. I'm interested if we do it in GT5, or if GT6 has 90's era NASCARs, it will be even more fun. But let me know.

Back