Arcade Races that are worth playing!?

• Thread starter gabe331
  • 4 comments
Slovakia
Košice
gabe_331
Decided to start this thread as ive noticed that even if the AI cars are terrible , you can still get decent races, but it depends on the car you are driving, wether the other cars are more or less powered than yours, (matching system is terrible, lets be honest, if we could only select our opponents by ourselfs) tire compound ... here are a few examples:

Mitsubishi Evo IX, stock, Comfort Hard tires, Opponents: Z4
Bmw M4, stock, Comfort Hard tires, Opponents: Gt by Citroen Concept

You guys get the idea? I did not really think this out, its more like wondering if you have some races on your own that you consider as a challange (If you can call that word something in Gt6 exept for those ridiculous seasonals with half a lap advantage which could also be included as an option offline, just saying)

so feel free to post :)

Last edited:
I think the trick is to make the most of what you have.
One trick is to set the laps to infinite -
Another is to accept that some of the faster AI cars will be out of reach and will fly away.
BUT you could be left with a battle for a position with an equally matched car.

NCRThree ran this

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-and-race-reports.290308/page-5#post-9556903

Brands Hatch full course. 2011 Jag XKR-S. CS Tires. No oil change 75kg ballast @0. No aids. No ABS. No tuning except for B/B. Weather mixed and Time change @15.
*Lap 1=pace lap no passing. Lap count=Infinite (important)! Clean passing only!

----

I tend to pick a car - boost it slightly before choosing a race.
Pick a race
Then depower and lower the grade of tyres on the car.

First off "racing" is a relative term in GT. Think of it as a track day bro, nothing more.

I do a lot of Arcades mainly because I like to get the feel of a car over many consecutive laps. Plus there aren't any seasonals or career races for lower powered cars that aren't 2-5 lap dashes. Older cars like say the 1970 Skyline GTR can get left behind by most of the field so long as you run CH's.

Really it doesn't matter what tires the AI is on, they're programmed to drive a certain way. I haven't paid much attention to trying to force the field by changing the power level or tires.

But I make my own difficulty level by running stock cars with lower grade tires and no magic oil change plus adding ballast. Sometimes a race can be just running fast laps alone after passing the backmarkers. I've found it very rare to have any close races with comparable cars too.

Arcade mode is crap.

Can't choose opponents.

Can't have fuel/tire strategy.

Can't change tires.

Why they even added this mode in i beyond me.

Arcade mode is crap.

Can't choose opponents.

Can't have fuel/tire strategy.

Can't change tires.

Why they even added this mode in i beyond me.

The ability to run against opponents in a "pick up race" is nice and probably why it's there. Plus it lets people experiment with certain cars right out of the box to see what awaits them in career mode. If you use your own car though, you can run whatever tires/settings you want if you do it before you go in.

What I'm wondering is, are the physics exactly the same as career/regular mode? Any time the word "arcade" is involved, it makes me wary.

Back