Aston Martin to Make New Model

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by Crushed, May 4, 2012.

1. Crushed

United States NC
    PSN:ItsMeReally

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/aston-martin-to-celebrate-100-years-with-a-special-car/

The CEO announced a new model is coming for the 100th anniversary!

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  2. Rossell2

UK
    PSN:Rossell2

Its going to be gorgeous.
  3. Leonidae@MFT

Premium
    Finland Riverside, Ca
    PSN:GTP_Leonidae_MFT

Quick! Everyone start stalking the Nurb webcam for prototypes and mules!
  4. homeforsummer

Premium

Will we be able to tell this new Aston from any of the other Astons of the last decade or so?...
  5. RocZX

Premium
    United States NEW YORK
    PSN:RocZX

6. Eunos_Cosmo

United States The Motor City

I see some vanquish in that. I like. :)
  7. Crushed

United States NC

If they make a new model I want something that is totally new. If you ask me the Astons of this decade look too much alike!
  8. Furinkazen

Premium
    United Kingdom Lancashire
    PSN:Furinkazen

I saw a V12 Vantage on a DB9 body. I approve :tup:
  9. Tornado

Premium
    Lyons, New York

It will be called the DBR.

It will look exactly like the DB9 with some plastic bits glued to the front, have exactly the same engine, exactly the same drive train, exactly the same chassis and exactly the same interior, except it will be tweaked to 540 HP and weight 10kg less than the DBS. And it will cost 200,000 pounds.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  10. Crushed

United States NC

Source? (sarcasm)
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
  11. Luminis

Germany Germany
    PSN:LuminiS-88

^ Common sense and the current Aston line-up.
  12. homeforsummer

Premium

Some fell on stony ground...
  13. Beeblebrox237

Premium
    United Kingdom Betelgeuse

We can hope it will be an entirely new model, and that it will be gorgeous. The DB9 is getting a bit old...
  14. Tyger

Egypt UK
    PSN:ReTyger

Those pics look like a current Aston with a kit to me. And I agree, much as I love them, a little diversity in the current range wouldn't hurt, as I wouldn't really be able to tell you what that looks most like.

It does look nice though, just not speshal enough for the 100th birthday. Perhaps that Bulldog concept will become reality. Or perhaps they will do a limited run of the original Bulldog, now that would be cool :)
  15. Crushed

United States NC

Haha i actually only read the first line and thought he found out what it was LOL. :dunce:
  16. Tyger

Egypt UK
    PSN:ReTyger

You could've just pretended you were continuing the irony by requesting a source, that's how I read it :-)
  17. Crushed

United States NC

Oh but that is how I intended it LOL :tup:
  18. Famine

Administrator
    United Kingdom Rule 12
    PSN:GTP_Famine

The car pictured will be called... the Vanquish,

Yes, really. No, I know.
  19. Sanji Himura

United States Azle, TX
    PSN:supermanfromazle

Either way, I do enjoy the look of this Aston. It is like the OP described it, it is sportier than the DBS, but it looks like it can perform on the track very well. I just hope that they call it the DB10 instead of the DBR(sorry Toronado).
  20. Does Venari still post here?
  21. I know a future car that within this forum will always be old. It's called the Nissan GTR 2013 edition.
  22. LMSCorvetteGT2

United States Arizona
    PSN:HamiltonMP427

Why should there be diversity, everyone knows that Aston is the british version of what Porsche is in Germany. You build a similar car to the last model tweek the engine slightly, raise the price a tad for said simple moves. Bam wham, new car!!! :sly:
  23. Famine

Administrator
    United Kingdom Rule 12
    PSN:GTP_Famine

Yep - but he doesn't work at Aston Martin currently.

"New" Aston = VH platform + Callum/Fisker/Reichman body.
  24. zedextreme8177

Maldives Maldives
    PSN:zedextreme8177

Is it me, or does the whole cabin itself seem to be moved a little bit forward? :odd:
  25. coolboy48

Singapore S'pore
    PSN:coolboy48

26. 1241Penguin

Premium
    Canada Canada
    PSN:R1241Penguin

In terms of styling I think overall the new car is great! The only thing is that the trunk (boot) line is much more prominent, unlike the old one, which sort of blended itself in with the tail lights and license plate area. Not a complaint, just an observation.
  27. Doog

Premium
    United States Scottsdale, AZ
    PSN:Dooglers8

At first I saw the front and went, meh. Then I saw the back and went, meh. Then I saw the side, and I went, yuck. But then I saw it in red, and I went :drool:. Glad to see that the voluptuous Vanquish is back; I just hope that they finally come out with a new interior. The whole copy-paste interior that went from the DB9 to the V8 Vantage to the Virage is just lazy. But overall, I like the idea of this car, and while I don't like all the angles, I'm sure it will grow on me.
  28. the_stig_1

Australia In A Pond
    PSN:arztenhofer

I don't really like the back end.
  29. Leonidae@MFT

Premium
    Finland Riverside, Ca
    PSN:GTP_Leonidae_MFT

New car? Well, maybe in the Stuttgartian meaning.. :lol: It looks as much new car as 991. Same old, but stretched and tweaked. It better be lighter than the predecessors though.
  30. Prince.M5

Malaysia Kuala Lumpur

In terms of styling, I don't really like the front end but the back end and the side is fine. I really hope the interior is something different from what we've seen. I'm honestly getting bored with the same interior in almost all across the Aston Martin line now.

I'm pretty sure the specs will be impressive.
Next Page »