Auto Club Revolution

• Thread starter Mekanaizer
  • 49 comments
eutechnyx-amazing-announcement.jpg

Auto Club Revolution

LASTEST INFO UPDATE: 07/06/2011

Information:
Game name: Auto Club Revolution (A.C.R. for short)
Official webpage: http://autoclubrevolution.com
Developer: Eutechnyx
Release date: TBA
Game type: racing sim MMO
Platform: PC

Here is and interview with the very first words about the game:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/eutechnyx-s-darren-jobling-and-todd-eckert

And more recently here is a video:
http://intruders.tv/en-tech/darren-...s-leading-independent-driving-game-developer/

Some more information:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/112/1120389p1.html

Game content known so far:
+45 car brands (Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Chevrolet, GM, Jaguar, Lotus, Mazda, Mclaren, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, TVR...)
70 car parts brands (Bosch, Brembo, Greddy...)

"Not only will current and historical cars be featured in Auto Club Revolution, but several of these companies will be premiering concept and pre-production cars in the game, giving players their first ever taste of the latest cars prior to commercial release."

Car list so far:
BMW M3 Coupe
Chevrolet Bel Air 1957
Lotus Elise
Mazda RX8
Mclaren F1
Mitsubishi Lancer
Pangini zonda
TVR Tuscan S
TVR T350C

08.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be a name change for the U.S. as it could be viewed as a game by an insurance company.:lol:

vote.autoclubrevolution.com

Apparently this will grant you direct access to the BETA of this game.

PS - Please, vote on ALL the Morgans you find there :D And use your very limited track-votes (just 5) choosing tracks not found in GT, GRID, SHIFT or other major gaming franchises.

My track picks were:

Brno
Zandvoort
Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
Bathurst
Road Atlanta (where the Petit Le Mans race is held)

That's not a major mistake. The major mistake is that you can vote for 40 cars but only 5 tracks. :ouch::grumpy: There are SOOOO many great tracks on that list. But everybody will probably vote for their 5 favorites and leave out others that really should be there.

that's not a major mistake. The major mistake is that you can vote for 40 cars but only 5 tracks. :ouch::grumpy: There are soooo many great tracks on that list. But everybody will probably vote for their 5 favorites and leave out others that really should be there.

it's a pity you can only choose 5 tracks :(
+1, +1

So amar, you think this could be an iRacing clone for the PS3/PC?!

Last edited:
Wow! at that track list.

Are all these planned for the game? They must have agreements in place with the track owners as any of them could be picked by the user to be included?

I think they'll pick the most voted for tracks... Otherwise why would they have a poll? :)

The circuits I really want in order are:
Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Canada

Lime Rock Park
USA

Circuit Mont-Tremblant
Canada

Nurburgring Nordschleife
Germany

Home court advantage on the Canadian ones :) Although I don't think they'll receive many votes. Even Lime Rock :(

^ are you already actually testing? cus i got a notification that the closed beta doesnt start till the 25th of july? maybe you are in an earlier phase?

Wow... Free to play too which is pretty cool. I'm excited to see how this one turns out.

I wonder how much customization still be included in it.

Hummm should be interesting, but is it going to be an arcade racer or more of a sim? These guys are talking about this ACR game they are making as if it's a new spin on the idea of a massively online multiplayer racer, but this has been done before years ago with Motor City Online and more recently with NFS World and Project Torque (aka Heat online), so I wonder what is going to set this game appart from the others? I really wish they would bring back MCO, that game rocked and the level of customization and online clubs hasn't been beaten yet, in my oppinion.

if anyone wants to add me, as a friend, my name is gabkicks. seems like registering at the official forums will raise your chance of getting into the beta. or maybe its just coincidence. it is still closed beta.

Got into the closed beta.

Dont like it, handling is horrible, sounds are horrible and it only plays in windowed.
I know its a beta, but iits not looking promising.

I downloaded it to try a month or so ago. You couldnt use seperate pedals with the game so never got to try it. 👎 Maybe thats been fixed?

Hi there, resurrecting this thread a bit!

So, I work at Eutechnyx now and have been working on ACR, there have been a lot of improvements to the game and work is ongoing on it every day. We are getting somewhere and if any of you want to drop back and have a go please do! And add me on there, am Jambo.

Anyway, for an example video I did a few laps of Hockenheim in an NSX so have a look at that here:

And another at one of our original circuits, Lakeside, in an RX8.

I apologise for video quality as I am just doing these at home in my spare time and am trying out different recording software!

Will be doing a few more video updates showing some of the improvements as well.

Also it would be great to hear some feedback from you all, have been a member here for a long time, long before I was working in the industry and I respect your opinions, so please, any opinions, requests suggesting, please feel free to message me or post them here.

Back