Auto Club Revolution

• Thread starter Mekanaizer
  • 49 comments
@Jambo tell your employers they can't charge for liveries and other silly stuff. The market is very competitive, as soon as a small company looks a greedy one.. the effect is like a boomerang.

Jambo, what is the goal that has been set for this game? What do you want to create?

For example... What is the target audience? arcade, driving sim, simcade, sim racing, pro-sim?

Also from what I can see in the videos. You need to drastically reduce the lateral grip on the NSX as it is too much like a 4WD now. Also slightly reduce lateral and increase longtitudinal grip on the RX8.
As for audio, try to hook up the tyre skidding sound with the grip level of the tyre. It feels at random and canned now, which doesn't really aid in audio feedback to the brain.

ps. This is just from watching the videos. Will try it out after some more coffee. ;)

Edit:
Who's the one responsible for steering wheel support?! My T500 is handled like a gamepad. The steering is horrible this way and totally unresponsive. Makes it totally useless as it's practically dead around center.
Not to speak about the force feedback. Please at the very least let the centering force fade out when starting to drive, as in a real car.

Last edited:
Hi there, in work so can't reply extensively but have read your posts, will come back later and address them properly :P

And thanks for the input!

Quick note there should be an update in a day or two, will affect wheels, hpysics and add some other things, so will get feedback from that too.

I have to correct myself upon a thing I said earlier. Tire grip. What I meant was that the NSX lacked oversteer. Same with the power oversteer on the RX8.

Though having watched your videos a second time (and having played the game myself). I noticed you were using a 360 gamepad and assists. So ignore that input. ;)

Also I send you guys a feedback mail.

The most annoying thing visually is the white spec artifacts from the 8xSMAA.
I'd say try to program an internal downsampling method and let the users add some FXAA or up to 4xMSAA.

I can't check out things this weekend though. Friday's my birthday and the day after my grandmother. Maybe on Sunday I will have some time but I don't know yet.

ps. I hope you will fix the FFB. As far as controller support goes. You will have to use a profile based system as every controller has its own quirks. For example the Logitech G25/27 FFB deadzone that is programmed in the firmware to prevent oscillation. ;)

Today I have been playing with a G27, DFGT, G25 and the new Fanatec BMW wheel so we are looking at a variety of wheels for support. About the grip, I agree with what you are saying to be honest.

Will do a few more videos with my wheel later in the week as well!

Today I have been playing with a G27, DFGT, G25 and the new Fanatec BMW wheel so we are looking at a variety of wheels for support. About the grip, I agree with what you are saying to be honest.

Will do a few more videos with my wheel later in the week as well!

My CSW is down unfortunately. I am waiting for Armin (From Fanatec) to send me parts to repair and slightly upgrade my beta CSW to latest spec.

So until then I will have to make due with the T500, but also have the G25 and Formula Force GP here still.

One question. Did you fix response around center of the steering wheel?

We have been working on that recently, I find it much better with the G27 and wheels similar to it. I will have to check on the live site if these updates have actually been released yet!

If not they should be in a couple of days.

Maybe you guys can make a dev blog page which also shows when logged in? So you can post any game development updates there as well as changelogs.

Also some more tips:

- App: Double click icon opens up the website
- App: Auto-login support when going to the website
- Website/Dashboard: Car select is in an odd place where I don't expect it. As there was a showroom, I was kinda looking for a 'garage' tab of some kind up there as well. Maybe this can be done differently? Either by utilizing the bottom bar more where car select is now (so attention is pulled more toward it) or adding a garage tab or something.

Hey LogiForce will make some suggestions to some of the higher ups!

We are working on a new tyre model, totally agree that there is far too much lateral grip at the moment so will be looking into that as well as a change in longitudinal grip. There is a lot of work to do but we will get there :)

I use to play this (beta). I going to try it again. Just downloaded the app. Luckily I remembered my password but had, for security reason, to change my password.

Thanks for having a go, it is improving but still lots to do!

Am JAmbo on there if anyone wants to add me andt hen probably berate me :P

This thread rekindled my interest in the game.

However, trying to actually play it just killed it again. What a piece of 🤬!!! It can't even register my G27 properly!!! It used to when I played it back then in the times of Closed Beta but I don't know why, after mapping both pedals, I end up with a throttle pedal that does nothing and a brake pedal that accelerates and brakes at the same time.

Any tips Jambo?

Hey there, hmm, I have a G27 at my desk and use it every day and not had this issue. Home at the moment but can't test it right now. Are your pedals set to combined in the logitech profiler? Not sure if that is the cause just thinking out loud.

Hey there, hmm, I have a G27 at my desk and use it every day and not had this issue. Home at the moment but can't test it right now. Are your pedals set to combined in the logitech profiler? Not sure if that is the cause just thinking out loud.

I'm a bit of a noob with the Profiler to be honest, but what's weird is that it's the only game that presents this issue. Actually, it's the only time I've had this issue with ACR because I used to be able to play it without a problem. I just checked the settings on profiler though and I don't have the combined option checked.

In the Controller Mapping options the acceleration command is set to the Negative Y Axis and the brake command to the Rotation Z Negative. I haven't mapped the clutch but it recognizes the clutch pedal as "Slider 1".

It just makes no sense. At the beggining of a race the car just sits there, revving by itself. When I'm given control of it, the throttle actualy drops the revs like I was clutching and the brake pedal gives the car power but at the same time makes the stopping lights come on and the rear tyres lock.

Hmm it might seem like a strange workaround, but if you uninstall the game and then remove the acr folder from you PC, then reinstall it might be the easiest way?

Tried the game today, no cockpit view killed it for me, but even if there was a cockpit view, I could not set up my wheel to get any good feeling from the car.
Maybe the audience targeted is driving with controller.
Wheel set up needs improvement. my 2 cs!

Register for ACR 2.0 and Get EXCLUSIVE Closed Beta Access!>>http://beta.autoclubrevolution.com/en/

http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads...-ACR-Dev-diary?p=538928&viewfull=1#post538928

"The next CAT test for ACR will launch on the 28th of August and contain the following updates:

• New Shanghai track
  • Championship mode
  • Re-balanced Tech. Tree
  • Completely reworked economy system
  • New Chat and Friends system
  • New Lobby interface
  • Added penalty system for ramming
  • Basic leaderboard integration added
  • Improvements to the AI, more competitive
  • Significant fixes to the sound and effects system"

Back