Automation-Car Company Tycoon

• Thread starter alex10798
  • 391 comments
They released the multiplayer portion. As of right now, it's just engines. Quick games (max 6min I think) that must meet multiple requirements. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but it seems very nice from the videos.

Tomorrow they are updating the game so you can put the engines inside of the car, get performance specs(0-100 kmph, top speed, etc) which consists of transmission, clutch, RWD/AWD. They also factored in engine cooling so grilles play a part, as well as drag coefficient. And introducing 6 new body styles.

Pretty big step :)

Cool, I haven't updated my version since V8's were added so this update with placing engines in custom bodies should be great.

Latest update (not automatically downloaded yet) installs suspension, brakes, tire width, ride height, total weight, engine cooling, MPG, G-force stuff, things of that nature. With that also comes 3 new body styles, an E30 base being one of them.

To unofficially update your game, go Here.

The highest MPG I've gotten so far is from a 1.6L I4 EFI engine in a 2500 LB car and 5-speed. Got 41.3 MPG... have to make it realistic ;)

I played this last night, a friend of mine bought it and I have to say I thought it was awesome. We spent hours tuning engines to beat the scenarios, some of them were incredibly difficult, others not so much.

Great fun though, I'd like to see it fleshed out. The engine sounds were really really good.

I played this last night, a friend of mine bought it and I have to say I thought it was awesome. We spent hours tuning engines to beat the scenarios, some of them were incredibly difficult, others not so much.

Great fun though, I'd like to see it fleshed out. The engine sounds were really really good.
Yes, some scenarios are more or less tutorials for the big ones. There really is endless possibilities with the engines. More will come towards the end of development.

Yes, some scenarios are more or less tutorials for the big ones. There really is endless possibilities with the engines. More will come towards the end of development.
That scenario where you need to make 79bhp at 3000rpm max with an engine cost of less than $1000 in addition to having a massive MTBF and good economy... I think the best we managed was like 45bhp before we gave up, even then our MTBF was too low.

We beat all the other inline 4 ones though, some of the turbo ones were really difficult.

I still have the demo, and A LOT of updates to download... I remember when I first got the demo, made a 714 HP Inline 4 motor.... it was 5.3 Liters, but still :lol:

I still have the demo, and A LOT of updates to download... I remember when I first got the demo, made a 714 HP Inline 4 motor.... it was 5.3 Liters, but still :lol:
Bah. Try a 2500 bhp turbo V8. That is the most powerful that I have made. Although you don't get V8's on the demo.

Got bored today. Made an LS3.
20140217_152750.jpg

Official update was released today. Basically everything from the last open beta I posted about, but with much less bugs, and more official.

Oh... My...Cadillac...
Screenshot_2014-07-12-09-16-54.png

*Other new bodies will include-
MR supercar
Typical late 60s muscle car
Ferrari 250/Volvo 1800 style
And, of course, New UI, as shown in the screen shot. And I'm assuming other stuff.
Unsure of update date. Probably within two weeks.

Downloaded the demo and absolutely love the technical side of the game. May Pre-Order even I think this game will never officially release... But still a fun game and a great game/Sim.

And for 3 guys and now 2 I think? It's great progress.

I cannot wait till I get a new laptop to run this. I got two copies wayyy back when they had their 1st kickstarter and shortly after my damn laptop died.

Who all here would be interested in doing like mini missions? We wikl create our own scenarios. Like best mpg for 4 door sedan, lowest drag, most expensive car, etc.

And you would just post your stats here and it's just a friendly competition.

Back