B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Thanks, yes I've turned that on... now!

And I should say a big thanks to Yonis, this was working great throughout the day yesterday.

The Mac version seems to run a bit faster than the Windows one which was sluggish to start and go through all the logging in etc.

Speaking of which, where are the logs stored on the Mac version? Thanks.

TB
I've been getting this error a lot with v2.0:

I'm connecting through Singapore with 3 threads and a 5 second delay. Any suggestions to remedy this?

I've been seeing the same "server refused" message, but I find things to be more stable with the default settings of 4 threads and a 0 second delay. I use the UK server

I'm having login issues with 2.0....I'm not getting an error message or anything, it's just loading halfway on the "Logging in" bar and then stopping. I changed my password so it was wrong as a test and it did throw the "incorrect credentials" message so it's not that. Anyone have an idea as to what's going on?

edit: figured it out, for some reason I needed to re-agree to the psn terms and conditions online....weird since I didn't need to do so on my ps3....

Last edited:
It appears an authentication server or something is down?

Widget won't log in, but it's been running OK all week so far. Racing against some of you folks that are nearing 40 is brutal. my right-around-30 crew gets spanked for days on end. where are those ghost account level 0 bobs at again? lol some WINS would be nice or this will take years to get them to 40!

It appears an authentication server or something is down?

Widget won't log in, but it's been running OK all week so far. Racing against some of you folks that are nearing 40 is brutal. my right-around-30 crew gets spanked for days on end. where are those ghost account level 0 bobs at again? lol some WINS would be nice or this will take years to get them to 40!

Is it down?..Sometimes my widget stops at login also

Do you have the debug window open? -
Sometimes it hepts for me to press "reload widget"

I am getting this at 11:00am 4/1 on usa server, but able to run remote from gthome website

Welcome to Yahoo! Widgets 4.5.2x10A50 on 04/01/11 10:58:27.027

Type '/help' for help.
04/01/11 10:58:27.400: == Widget loaded. ===========================
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from /Users/Documents/Widgets/B-Spec Grinder-1.widget
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.
04/01/11 10:59:01.543: Waited for 30 seconds and never received a server response. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
uncaught exception: fetchAsync: no URL specified. Either set one in the URL.location or pass as second parameter.

So i've been using the latest version for a while without any problems, but last couple of days i noticed a half filled grid every couple of races.
But today every race is only filled with 6 or 7 bobs, always from different users. Any ideas why?

I am getting this at 11:00am 4/1 on usa server, but able to run remote from gthome website

Type '/help' for help.
Loaded Widget 'B-Spec Grinder' from /Users/Documents/Widgets/B-Spec Grinder-1.widget
04/01/11 10:59:01.543: Waited for 30 seconds and never received a server response. Retrying. (Attempt 1)

I was just getting this also. Tried logging into the GT website to try and run a race and had to reaccept the Terms of Service and now the widget is working again. So give it a shot.

I was just getting this also. Tried logging into the GT website to try and run a race and had to reaccept the Terms of Service and now the widget is working again. So give it a shot.

Thanks that was it BSpec Grinder running again, Thanks for quick response

Had this problem as well.

Not fixing it for me. I just ran a B-Spec race started from online, and just re-started my Widget, and it is still hanging on "Logging In"... Any other tips?

Not sure if this is possible to implement, but it would be great if the widget can automatically set PSN status to Not Available and comment set to GT5 B-Spec Remote Race Widget.

I got problems using the web site also with the server saying it was free but wasn't. This is a problem on their side. Also I have great performance of the widget since I changed to 1 thread / 5 second delay.

Not sure if this is possible to implement, but it would be great if the widget can automatically set PSN status to Not Available and comment set to GT5 B-Spec Remote Race Widget.
If you can't do it via the website, it can't be done by the widget.

Not fixing it for me. I just ran a B-Spec race started from online, and just re-started my Widget, and it is still hanging on "Logging In"... Any other tips?

Got that problem too.

2011.04.01 17:41:05.056: == Widget loaded. ===========================
2011.04.01 17:41:38.539: Waited for 30 seconds and never received a server response. Retrying. (Attempt 1)
2011.04.01 17:46:38.545: Somehow got stuck in no man's land. Resetting and trying again.
2011.04.01 17:46:38.555: Resetting state. Waiting for 0.016666666666666666 minute(s). Will reauthenticate.
2011.04.01 17:47:12.131: Waited for 30 seconds and never received a server response. Retrying. (Attempt 1)

Logged into gran-turismo.com, and find my friends list only shows 2 friends...should have 39 or so. will restart everything including ps3 when i get a chance.

edit: fixed. didn't get terms of service prompt first time. got it this time, now all is well.

Type '/help' for help.

The American PSN, which I believe the widget uses, legally reoganised itself today. I have a US account for DLC purposes and received the following email about a week ago.

===================================

PlayStation(R)Network

An important message to you from the
PlayStation(R)Network team at Sony Computer
Entertainment America LLC.

On April 1, 2011, Sony Computer
Entertainment America LLC ("SCEA")
will transfer its online services
operations, including your wallet
and the funds in it, to Sony Network
Entertainment America Inc. ("SNEA").
The first time you sign in to your
Sony Online Services account on or
after April 1, you will be asked to
enter into a new Terms of Service and
User Agreement with SNEA. If you do
not wish to enter into a contract with
SNEA, you may decline the terms of
service and we will close your account(s)
and return your funds. You can preview
the new Terms of Service and User
Agreement with SNEA at:
http://playstation.innovyx.net/r?xncJcvvEcWlHHqEHWnqlHTWcvlv

PlayStation(R)Network will continue to
provide you with the highest standard
of interactive entertainment. Your
access to the best games, movies, TV
shows, music and friends will remain
intact. Thank you very much for being
part of the PlayStation(R)Network online
community! We look forward to continuing
to bring you the best in innovative
online entertainment!

Your PlayStation(R)Network password and
Sign-on ID (AddGrg2) is required
to sign in to your Sony Online Services
account. Please go to >>
http://playstation.innovyx.net/r?xncJcvvEcWJqTqEHWnqlHTWcvnc
to ensure your account information
is accurate and updated.

The PlayStation(R)Network Team

LEGAL
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are
registered trademarks and "PS3" and
"PlayStation Network" are trademarks of
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
(C) 2011 Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC
919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404

I'd forgotten about it until today, but quitting the game, accepting the new TOS, then logging back in worked for me. It might not be as simple if you don't have an American account.

BTW 2.0 has been working great for me. The only problems I've experienced are to do with my local network connection, which is not the fault of the widget.

2.0 works great, but I feel overheating will get the better of me...
what's the longest you've had your system running at one time? I have a slim 320gb and I don't want it to die:scared:

what's the longest you've had your system running at one time? I have a slim 320gb and I don't want it to die:scared:

Mine have been runing for 4 days ;-)

I disconect all my USB connection if any!!

I have mine placed by the open window......Cooool enough ;-)

But be carefull and remember to take backups of U'r game data often!!!....I have 6 frineds that had to repair there PS3's.......even new ones....
Dont know what is wrong with the Playstation 3 in general, they are not that durable :grumpy:

My 160 Slim has been on 24/7, ever since the remote racing started. Clearing the system cash in GT5 every other day, before doing any A-Spec racing. Also, my old Phat PS3 is running 24/7 Folding, with the occasional game capture. Just recently did some screen grabs of the GT5 tuning menus for someone here on GTPlanet. No problems.:)

Back