Badly in need of a setup for the 1999 Lister Storm Race Car. Please help!

Do you hate the Lister Storm's handling in GT6?

• Yes, I can't get it to- *slams into barrier*

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No, I can cope with it.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • What? I don't even have a Lister Storm!

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Japan
PaRappa Town
Luigi755
I'm pretty sure that you have driven (and subsequently hated) the Lister Storm V12 Race Car in GT6.

If you've looked at the list of cars that are represented incorrectly in GT6, you'll see that the Storm should weigh in at 1100 kg. But it doesn't. And that's where the problems begin...

This car weighs 1438 kg. And that is a bad sign right there. This has caused my Storm to suffer from chronic understeer ROOTS*. It slouches into everything: Sweepers, chicanes, barriers, other cars on track... (the latter two happening more frequently.) Not to mention how much smoke it raises off the line.

And because I like unique race cars like the Storm, this is just torturous. Even writing about it is painful (this message included). I need a good setup for this car, and I need it NOW. I don't want to sell it (after all, I love unique race cars like the Storm), and I want to drive it more often, so if anyone comes with a good setup for this absolute nightmare of a car, could you please let me know?

(*ROOTS is an abbreviation for "Right out of the showroom", a term that I use to describe how a car handles with its stock setup.)

I'm pretty sure that you have driven (and subsequently hated) the Lister Storm V12 Race Car in GT6.

If you've looked at the list of cars that are represented incorrectly in GT6, you'll see that the Storm should weigh in at 1100 kg. But it doesn't. And that's where the problems begin...

This car weighs 1438 kg. And that is a bad sign right there. This has caused my Storm to suffer from chronic understeer ROOTS*. It slouches into everything: Sweepers, chicanes, barriers, other cars on track... (the latter two happening more frequently.) Not to mention how much smoke it raises off the line.

And because I like unique race cars like the Storm, this is just torturous. Even writing about it is painful (this message included). I need a good setup for this car, and I need it NOW. I don't want to sell it (after all, I love unique race cars like the Storm), and I want to drive it more often, so if anyone comes with a good setup for this absolute nightmare of a car, could you please let me know?

(*ROOTS is an abbreviation for "Right out of the showroom", a term that I use to describe how a car handles with its stock setup.)
first define which circuit you will enjoy running more after which tire to use and also how many PP:cheers:

first define which circuit you will enjoy running more after which tire to use and also how many PP:cheers:
  • I have no particular circuit that I'll use it on (I like setups that go through corners really well, but is still hard to spin out, as I'm kinda bit of a lead foot/thumb).
  • Using more sets of RS tyres than you can imagine.
  • The specs for GTE cars in one of my friend's Le Mans rooms dictates that my Storm runs at a minimum of 1450 kg and 540 bhp. But I have attempted to raise it 1550 kg in an attempt to see if it would change anything (hint: it did nothing)

• I have no particular circuit that I'll use it on (I like setups that go through corners really well, but is still hard to spin out, as I'm kinda bit of a lead foot/thumb).
  • The specs for GTE cars in one of my friend's Le Mans rooms dictates that my Storm runs at a minimum of 1450 kg and 540 bhp. But I have attempted to raise it 1550 kg in an attempt to see if it would change anything (hint: it did nothing)

If you can't get it to drive sharply on RSs you may need to adapt your driving style to the car.

Aggressive camber and toe settings, reduced rear downforce and racing softs ought to give you reasonably sharp turn in with virtually any race car, from about fifteen minutes of tweaking and testing.

• The specs for GTE cars in one of my friend's Le Mans rooms dictates that my Storm runs at a minimum of 1450 kg and 540 bhp. But I have attempted to raise it 1550 kg in an attempt to see if it would change anything (hint: it did nothing
- I'll buy it then inform anything

I spent 3 days tweeking this car in every way shape and form. (Before the last patch though). Anyway, I got it to what I think is its "best handling its going to get" phase finally, and it wasn't all that bad, but then I ran it on my testing tracks and compared it to my other cars in that PP range.
Side by side it wasn't even close to being competitive.
I could win against the AI in the story mode races, but thats it.
So I promptly sold it back and used the money somewhere better.

Hope this helps, lol. Maybe its different now after the latest patch?
Good luck bro.

Latest Posts

Back