Banned log updates?

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 117 comments
United States
Azle, Texas, USA
GTP_KinLM
KinLM
First, let me say that this is a really small question, and I hope that it isn't a bother to any mods to answer it. If it is, then this thread is welcome to be closed.

All I'm wondering, is why the banned user log is updated so infrequently now.

I realize that it gets a bit tedious to enter so many people into the list, and that it isn't strictly necessary. But it really helps users know what happened to other banned members, as well as helping us learn from their mistakes.

Have there really not been any bannings in the past two months? Or is the log just too much of a hassle to keep up with on the ever-expanding GTP?

By and large, the internet is growing up. We actually ban so very few people these days - the majority being spammers who we wouldn't note anyway. Of those we do ban, a microscopic proportion affect other users in any notable way - members of note, blaze of glory suicide-by-cop ragequits - and make a banned user log entry superfluous.

That said, we've had a couple shown the door in the last month that we'd probably have given a BUL entry to, but we've got out of the habit really so it's the last thing that crosses the mind when we're done with the dusting.

By and large, the internet is growing up. We actually ban so very few people these days - the majority being spammers who we wouldn't note anyway. Of those we do ban, a microscopic proportion affect other users in any notable way - members of note, blaze of glory suicide-by-cop ragequits - and make a banned user log entry superfluous.

That said, we've had a couple shown the door in the last month that we'd probably have given a BUL entry to, but we've got out of the habit really so it's the last thing that crosses the mind when we're done with the dusting.
As I'm sure the OP will say, thanks for stating that, Famine. 👍

I knew for a fact that a Staff member would give a bigger picture. :)

Yes, as stated above, thank you Famine. I really appreciate your quick and helpful response to my question. :)

He was a funny old... thing.

Terrible to think I knew him quite well for a while, before he showed his true colours.

Some members I have seen post like they want to be banned, I remember one in the introduce yourself thread some guy used text speech a mod was like hi welcome to gtplanet please use proper spelling so you don't get into trouble so yeah he was really nice about it and the guy replies **** YOU GUYS DONT JUDGE MY GRAMMAR YOU NAZIS sort of thing and got banned a few posts later. Just wow. :rolleyes:

Why did zuel get banned? Or is that a private matter?

Can you elaborate? Give me the inside scope good sir.
He got banned because he made a claim, got asked to prove it, wouldn't, got asked again, wouldn't, got asked again, and then it got so weird nobody really knows what happened after that.

All his posts were deleted as far as I know.

He got banned because he made a claim, got asked to prove it, wouldn't, got asked again, wouldn't, got asked again, and then it got so weird nobody really knows what happened after that.

All his posts were deleted as far as I know.
I'm confused. Why did he have to prove it, or was what happened after that what got him banned?

Back