Barely getting any alerts now

• Thread starter Dan
  • 13 comments

Dan

Premium
United States
United States
As the title says.

I do click on my watched threads when I don't receive alerts, but even after I do click on a thread, come back to the site later, I don't get any alerts saying someone posted there when they did. Sorry for the run-on sentence, but this is really getting frustrating, not seeing any alerts.

I get the same problems. For an example, I know I am watching the 2014 NASCAR thread, but I have stopped getting updates about new posts.

I'm also having the same problem, I haven't been to the GT6 galleries section in about 2 weeks due to no alerts poping up, I even have the GT6 photomode galleries as a watched forum section and still nothing.

Yep, me too. Some threads work but others do not. I don't get alerts for more than half of the threads I've posted in or watched.:confused:

There haven't been any changes to that part of the software, and they appear to be working correctly for me in testing.

Make sure that this isn't caused by confusion about how alerts are designed to function:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/not-receiving-alerts-for-active-threads.302079/#post-9309654

I just checked my Alert history and the thread I am having trouble with didn't appear in it when it should have. It definitely didn't alert me when it should have. I checked it manually and posted in it and after that I did get alerts yesterday.

Is their a easier way to check what alerts you get??

And all the alerts I get have a huge time gap from the post that has been shown in alerts and what is currently posted on that thread. e.g. I got a alert for post that was done at 7.45am (UK) but the latest post in that thread was about 45 mins ago as of typing this.

Is their a easier way to check what alerts you get??

And all the alerts I get have a huge time gap from the post that has been shown in alerts and what is currently posted on that thread. e.g. I got a alert for post that was done at 7.45am (UK) but the latest post in that thread was about 45 mins ago as of typing this.
Check the link Jordan posted above :). Apparently you will only receive one alert per thread. If you ignore it for whatever reason you no longer get alerts from that thread.

@86Debris86, I have looked there and tried it, before I wrote that post I went to that link. Surely there must be easier way to do that. As it's something so easy has been made hard.

@86Debris86, I have looked there and tried it, before I wrote that post I went to that link. Surely there must be easier way to do that. As it's something so easy has been made hard.
I'm not sure then. It explained what's happening with me. Only other thing I can suggest for now is use the email notifications instead. They've always worked for me where the site's alerts haven't. Not the best solution I know.

Back