Base Models? What does that mean?

• Thread starter NaganoRN
  • 106 comments
Japan
Japan
NaganoR391
I was looking at these days to the listcar and I and some friends of my group questioned this "Base Models" presents in the official list of the game. Will finally will release liveries in the series through these cars?

Based Model cars confirmed:
Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
BMW M3 GT2 Base Model '11
Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12
Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95
Monster Sport SX4 Base Model '11
Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model '08
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13
Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
Peugeot Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10
RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06
Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Base Model '11
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12
Subaru IMPREZA GT300 Base Model '08
Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model '12
Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model '05
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08

They're race cars that have a different generic skin that looks just like RM's from GT5, so they're paintable.

They're race cars that have a different generic skin that looks just like RM's from GT5, so they're paintable.

Well... I believe it's livery, at least I twist to be. Furthermore, I believe that they have chosen to bring these models to not change a livery already named, for example, the GT-R GT3 of GT Academy for N24 race or even a machine of Super GT like an ARTA Garaiya.

I wish it was actually edit livery, basically so I can make paintings like...

2013-Super-GT-Rd2-Fuji-15-Arta-HSV-010-1025x683.jpg

0525-153229.jpg

1345388470_21237338.jpg

3391985362_a92b8e6cd6_z.jpg

214.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can live with that, will at least make it a little less weird looking when doing a race as there won't be two of the exact same car.

Better than nothing...

I appreciate the "Base models" idea but at the same time pissed me off because in this way they have added a lot of "fake" new cars.

They are not fake cars, they are the race cars before the sponsors put all of their vinyl on them. :)

McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model '95 + McLaren Orange... 👍
That would be awesome, but in GT5, weren't we not allowed to collect any of the McLaren paint chips due to some sort of licensing thing?

That would be awesome, but in GT5, weren't we not allowed to collect any of the McLaren paint chips due to some sort of licensing thing?
Ouch, you're right.
We need to to find a substitute, perhaps the Monaco Orange from Chevrolet?

*mental journeys*

They are not fake cars, they are the race cars before the sponsors put all of their vinyl on them. :)
I have been misunderstood.
I meant they are not really new cars, in the official list they are marked as new cars for the series but in fact most of them are GT5 cars without sponsors. ;)

Ouch, you're right.
We need to to find a substitute, perhaps the Monaco Orange from Chevrolet?

*mental journeys*

I have been misunderstood.
I meant they are not really new cars, in the official list they are marked as new cars for the series but in fact most of them are GT5 cars without sponsors. ;)

So they are new liveries.. :D lol

Here's what the base model looks like, it's not to paint over existing liveries, but just strips race cars of their liveries to make for a very simple one that can be painted like the RM's in GT5:

View attachment 82100

Thx for use the picture I took of the trailer. As you say, I think thats a Base Model, and until they dont tell anything more, we will be able to paint them with a color and a number.. Because now we dont have any news about the livery editor that we are waiting for..

This is actually one of the things I liked the most from the recent news.
I hope they will get changeable race numbers like the Stealth Cars.

This is actually one of the things I liked the most from the recent news.
I hope they will get changeable race numbers like the Stealth Cars.
If you look at the picture of the Renault race car, you can see a number on the hood! So, we probably can change our numbers.

Yeah, but the SLS GT3, which doesn't have a livery at all, also doesn't have race numbers, so I'm sceptical.

Yeah, but the SLS GT3, which doesn't have a livery at all, also doesn't have race numbers, so I'm sceptical.
True, they only showed it painted red and silver in the screenshots.

GT's never had a livery editor, but if we can paint base models whatever colour we want then I'll happily take that.

GT's never had a livery editor, but if we can paint base models whatever colour we want then I'll happily take that.

That is indeed what's great about this Base Models thing. The bad? It just gives more and more reasons for those who bash, justifiedly and unjustifiedly, GT for its shameless ways of increasing the car count. Because it's actually that.

Better than nothing...

I appreciate the "Base models" idea but at the same time pissed me off because in this way they have added a lot of "fake" new cars.

Exactly my thoughts... "Fake" new cars...

If we can't do anything other than painting them, it's going to be very frustrating... for me at least... :ouch::banghead:

Back