• 15 comments

Aquarelle

Pick up the pace, let’s go!
Premium
Australia
Brisbane
Uriehusky
Uriehusky
Just a quick warning more than anything, on Bathurst in free play mode - it seems that any time I take a photo at the turn on Mountain Straight the game "Crashes"

You can clealry see the game isn't frozen - shadows on the ground are still moving and the PS menu opens fine - however no menu shows up and you're stuck forced to restart your game.

So if you're taking photos on Mt Panorama (Who wouldn't be!) be aware that I've encountered this and if you have a particularly precious replay like I did save it to be safe 👍

Thanks for that I have been taking photo's on other places on the mountain but not on the straight yet with no problems. But this only ever happens on the straight ?

Thanks for that I have been taking photo's on other places on the mountain but not on the straight yet with no problems. But this only ever happens on the straight ?

It appears so, yes - it's only on that corner where it just seems to hang up - on the next corner it's working fine again!

Very peculiar indeed.

Which straight do you mean? Could you take a picture? :sly:

No really, Mountain Straight is the long straight after turn 1, right?

Which straight do you mean? Could you take a picture? :sly:

No really, Mountain Straight is the long straight after turn 1, right?

That's correct, in particular it's turn 2 that's having this issue.

I can take a picture just fine but when you go to start the replay again absolutely nothing happens - the menus don't appear, controller does nothing and the only way to get out is to quit the game.

That's correct, in particular it's turn 2 that's having this issue.

I can take a picture just fine but when you go to start the replay again absolutely nothing happens - the menus don't appear, controller does nothing and the only way to get out is to quit the game.

I've taken several pictures in that spot and also surrounding spots in the past week with no problems at all. Think we'll have to wait to see if it affects other people or just an isolated incidence related to your game/system. Thanks for the warning though. 👍

I've taken several pictures in that spot and also surrounding spots in the past week with no problems at all. Think we'll have to wait to see if it affects other people or just an isolated incidence related to your game/system. Thanks for the warning though. 👍

That's what I was hoping to hear, it could well be isolated to my particular game - however given there is absolutely zero damage or smudging to my disc and my PS3 has never gone wrong in the past it's hard to say

I was able to re-create the results consecutively when taking photos just between turn in and the apex.

That's what I was hoping to hear, it could well be isolated to my particular game - however given there is absolutely zero damage or smudging to my disc and my PS3 has never gone wrong in the past it's hard to say

I was able to re-create the results consecutively when taking photos just between turn in and the apex.
I have just taken pictures from that turn and it is ok for me at the moment. But I will let you know if something happens.

I've had multiple crashes from Bathurst's replay photomode. Started happening after the latest update, and Bathurst is the only track it happens on. Glad to hear I'm not the only one though, I thought my ps3 was on the brink of death.

It does appear to be fixed today.. how incredibly peculiar..

I was able to consecutively re-create the problem through multiple console restarts and today it appears to be A-Okay.

I'm utterly baffled.. but from now on I'll be sure to save any replays I'm particularly fond of on Bathurst 👍

I've had the Bathurst picture freeze a couple of times recently, but at different parts of the track and with different cars. Both times the sound has stopped as I "take" the picture.

Just a quick warning more than anything, on Bathurst in free play mode - it seems that any time I take a photo at the turn on Mountain Straight the game "Crashes"

You can clealry see the game isn't frozen - shadows on the ground are still moving and the PS menu opens fine - however no menu shows up and you're stuck forced to restart your game.

So if you're taking photos on Mt Panorama (Who wouldn't be!) be aware that I've encountered this and if you have a particularly precious replay like I did save it to be safe 👍
Oh boy another glitch. Thanks for the heads up. I was expecting another glitch like the one on the Eiger Nordwand track or whatever it's called and a cube will rise from the ground and vomit cones.

Bathurst has been unstable since the very beginning. I was starting to hope they might have fixed it in the last update, but in one of the seasonals the sound was cutting out again (most often happens braking into last corner). Game freezes seem to follow such sound-problems. Looks like it's a problem with resources they don't seem to be able to fix.

Sadly, Bathurst is practically unusable for any serious racing therefore.

Yes, I've been having game freeze problems on and off with Bathurst replays since the sesonal race a few weeks ago. I too like the track, so I'm on it for photomode fairly regularly. It tends to clear itself in the next attempt I found though.

I wonder if this is what is afflicting the release of Zhara, especially as it is a long track. I know the Green Hell and Route X are also long tracks, but it is a thought.

I've lost a setup because of this. Was happy with my seasonal time, wanted some pictures, game freeze, setup not saved so it was gone.

Had to do it again, didn't remember everything, slighty different setup, ran again and got a slighty faster time :dunce: :D :)

Back