• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments

The Bman

That's just one of my names.
Premium
United States
Pittsburgh, PA
The_Bman24
With EA/DICE's next big shooter being released Fall, I figure we should open up a thread about it.

So far maps in Paris, Tehran, Sulaymaniyah, and New York are confirmed for the game. Jet fighters and prone position will return from past installments.

Multiplayer Gameplay Analysis

Fault Line Trailer

Post all BF3 related posts here.

Last edited:
GOTY 2011.
Calling it now.

Battle Field as a series deserves so much more attention than any other COD game. I would, however, like a larger variety of weapons and a leveling system like COD. I really can't wait for th.................................Just skimmed the link posted by ASR_559......I have only one thing to say JETS ARE BACK....that is all.

Going to read more details when I get my copy.

I can't wait for this game to come out, FrostBite2 is really beautiful. If this game is anything like BF2, bye bye CoD :)

This game is going to rock!

Just wish it was more simulation then arcade though but they have said that HC mode will be even harder (YES!)

Gameplay gifs. It´s made for DX11 and i think Tessellation will be incorporated properly aswell.

e8c282d0.gif

6c5cafc6.gif

5c3a3cf9.gif

65b01c6d.gif

fb426019.gif

44a5a373.gif

LOOK AT THOSE ENVIRONMENTS! Ohhhhh my god I can't wait for this game!!

It's one thing if this game was like COD, just a bunch of pretty buildings and everything to sterile, but the fact that it's all destructible, and probably going to be able to bring down those huge buildings is goign to be amazing!

The city your seeing in the trailer is going to have earthquakes in game, that will be one hell of a game changer.

I'm so excited for this, I've recently started playing Bad Company 2 again and I'm itching for a new Battlefield game, Vietnam is fun but it's going to be great to play an all new game.

I'm sure they're going to basically give away betas to people like they did for MOH.. Like.. People who bought Vietnam get the beta, etc..

I'm sure they're going to basically give away betas to people like they did for MOH.. Like.. People who bought Vietnam get the beta, etc..

I got a Beta Key for the closed Beta for Bad Company 2 and MOH last year from EA, I am hoping that I get one this year for Battlefield 3. I did buy MOH but I think the beta key you get for purchasing the game will be for the open Beta vice the closed? Any idea when the closed Beta will be coming? I think happycorey will get one since he tears the Battlefield Up!:scared:

Meh, the engine and effects look great, but the gameplay is edging closer to CoD by the looks. Battlefield was the 'realistic' shooter, but now we have earthquakes and sneaking around in ducting.

Possibly too early to say, but the weapon sounds are pretty terrible too.

OMG this game looks so TIGHT!!!! I think GT5 and this will be the only games I'll be playing in the end... Loved Bad Company 2 and the Vietnam expansion... but kind of bored of it now... I might even have to buy a PC for this, because the graphics just look AMAZING!!

Indeed, this game looks sick.

I'll be waiting to purchase mine though until I've seen some performance tests. It appears a lot of graphics cards are already red flagged, and you'll probably need an insane system to be running the ultra settings as probably showed in the trailer. I went to the website that gives you an estimation of your specs, and my Mobility Radeon HD5730 card got red-flagged. Modern Warfare 2 runs like a train on my pc, but of course Battlefield 3 looks 10 times better.

Although, if it runs on a PS3 and XBOX I should have no problem running it on my notebook. Even if it isn't ultra settings.

Indeed, this game looks sick.

I'll be waiting to purchase mine though until I've seen some performance tests. It appears a lot of graphics cards are already red flagged, and you'll probably need an insane system to be running the ultra settings as probably showed in the trailer. I went to the website that gives you an estimation of your specs, and my Mobility Radeon HD5730 card got red-flagged. Modern Warfare 2 runs like a train on my pc, but of course Battlefield 3 looks 10 times better.

Although, if it runs on a PS3 and XBOX I should have no problem running it on my notebook. Even if it isn't ultra settings.

I'm guessing it will look less nice on the consoles... Games that also come out on PC have a tendency to show the best PC graphics in trailers and then when you get it on your Xbox or PS3 youre a bit disappointed... I had that with the first Shift... All the trailers were showing top notch graphics and in the end it turned out to be all PC clips. When I finally got it on PS3 it was 720p and 30 FPS.... and the game SUCKED YAY. I hope the difference in this game is not to much, otherwise I will definitely look into investing in a nice gaming PC.

Back