Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
Cant get bf3stats to work for me. Do you need to register and login to use it?

edit: created account,, so I'm not that bad:

- top 8% for resupplies
- top 9% for revives
- top 12% for vehicle destroys
- top 20% for suppression kills/ assists
- top 25% skill
- top 25% with A91

Last edited:
Played some rush last night on Op. Metro and Grand Bazaar against a team that had a guy with 23 service stars on his USAS. I thought that was pretty crazy until the next guy killed me and I saw he had 55 service stars on his USAS. Then I was killed by someone who had 55 service stars on his FAMAS.

-sigh

Cant get bf3stats to work for me. Do you need to register and login to use it?

You don't have to create an account. Your problem was probably the same as mine at first: I didn't realize I was looking at the PC section. Once I switched it to PS3 I re-entered my 'tag and it brought me right to "my" page.

Oh, and I'm top 11% in headshots.

I'm just curious, I haven't played PS3 for awhile, have they updated BF3 yet, if so is it better?

It's possible, but without knowing when the last time was I can't say. Everyone is eagerly awaiting the next patch which is yet to be given a schedule date. But it is known that this patch will give the multiplayer a complete facelift.

They need to patch this mav kill. Bunch of bs

Will be fixed is previously mentioned patch.

Does anyone have the M Com defender ribbon? It's the last ribbon I need. It's a pain in the arse to get.

I don't have it myself, but I know you get it by killing 4 guys while they are planting the bomb.

Patrick
Does anyone have the M Com defender ribbon? It's the last ribbon I need. It's a pain in the arse to get.

I can't remember if I have it but Try defending the B mcom on the second stage of Tehran by hiding prone agains the wall facing the mcom in the corner

Use either C4 or claymores with extra grenades and the M240B + bipod or PKP + bipod

Patrick

OK I'm not proud of this but I did it by:

Use the support class with C4 equipped. Plant C4 around the mcom and then run around the building or area where it is an hide. When somebody tried to plant it you'll here a beep and then detonate the C4 (or if you have a really good position just watch for it). The best map I did it on was Caspian as there are lots of good hiding spots within ear shot. The beep does sound through walls too so if you hide directly behind the building an mcom is inside you'll still hear it. It does take some luck... I had 3 kills about 10 times before getting it but it isn't particularly hard, you'll have a high K/D out of it too haha.

Got it. How in the hell did you get the Air Warfare ribbon?

The one where you get 6 kills with an aircraft? Easy: gunner seat of attack helicopter and a good pilot. I've had games where I get 20+ kills in it because I spot everything, so it's easy for me to see targets to shoot at.

BLITZ_69
The one where you get 6 kills with an aircraft? Easy: gunner seat of attack helicopter and a good pilot. I've had games where I get 20+ kills in it because I spot everything, so it's easy for me to see targets to shoot at.

Yeah same thing I did.

Tzun
Whos a good pilot here? Need help!

Definitely not me.
I'd go and play Fire From the Sky on Hard with randoms and see if you meet anyone good.
That is of course if nobody here volunteers.
I'm not terrible, but probably not the best.
I can fly if my life depends on it. :sly:

I'm just curious, I haven't played PS3 for awhile, have they updated BF3 yet, if so is it better?

Dice released a fix for the outstretched arms with the gun over the head glitch for the B2K maps on the PS3. The fix requires you to re-download the 1.3GB B2K map pack though.

The big patch still hasn't come around and DICE hasn't given a date, but have stated that the patch has gone into certification.

Aside from that fix for the gun glitch for the PS3, the game is probably just as you remember it.

Played some rush last night on Op. Metro and Grand Bazaar against a team that had a guy with 23 service stars on his USAS. I thought that was pretty crazy until the next guy killed me and I saw he had 55 service stars on his USAS. Then I was killed by someone who had 55 service stars on his FAMAS.

-sigh

I've seen 89 with the USAS!

Re: MCOM defender, yup, this is a difficult one, more so than the melee ribbon. I got 2 (and almost a third before getting shot) on the first MCOM at Gulf, then the team capitulated and I couldn't get any more. My last one to get too.

I don't know what it is about the gentlemen with the "EAGLE STATUS" but they're very hard to kill. I snuck up behind an enemy with the M27 fully loaded, close enough to knife him, but since I've been having an issue where the knifing animation wouldn't register and I pull out my knife only to get shot in the face, I decided to unload almost a full clip into this gentlemens back. Well he turned around and gave me a 2 bullet "Hello!" with his Famas and it was game over for me. His health......100%:grumpy:

Last edited:
Whos a good pilot here? Need help!

Hand up.

Ahem.
[disclaimer]I can still randomly throw us both into the floor at any given moment. [/disclaimer]

Ddrizle, when you want to stab someone and take their tags, be about a foot away, and aim the centre of your TV screen at their head before you press the knife button.
Worx everytime.
This, incidentally, is the only way to knife a mortar person who is mortaring.

:irked:👍

To say that gun is overpowered is an understatement. What would be the odds of one side with a team that helps each other and not using the USAS winning against a team of campers using only the USAS with 12g frag shells?h othe

Stormtrooper217
To say that gun is overpowered is an understatement. What would be the odds of one side with a team that helps each not using the USAS that helps each other winning against a team of campers using only the USAS with 12g frag shells?

Cant wait for the patch, but I dont think this will fully fix things. Though pkp spam can just be as bad

Cant wait for the patch, but I dont think this will fully fix things. Though pkp spam can just be as bad

It's a support weapon - i.e. it's supposed to "spam" or suppress the enemy. It's not OP, it's just being used as designed. Incidentally, the PKP looks like it's getting a small buff :)

VEXD
This, incidentally, is the only way to knife a mortar person who is mortaring.

:grumpy:

Learned this the hard way this weekend. Stumbled across a guy with a mortar set up out in the open near C on Kharg CQ. Eye's almost popped out my head.

So I snuck up behind him and knifed him. Well, actually, it made a knife sounds, but made no knife action. So he was like "OMG", stood up and shot me in the face with a 870C.

Mike Rotch
It's a support weapon - i.e. it's supposed to "spam" or suppress the enemy. It's not OP, it's just being used as designed. Incidentally, the PKP looks like it's getting a small buff :)
:-)
pkp or m60? I love the pkp but the m60 feels more punchy

Back