Battlefield 3

• Thread starter The Bman
  • 14,126 comments
This game looks pretty damn good. I've been playing the demo for Battlefield 2 for the past few days. I'm actually having fun with it. I can't remember why BFBC2 sucked so bad. I wish there was a PC demo for that game. I'd like to give it another try.

Set this one to 1080P and full screen. Then sit back and enjoy :D

I mean MW3 still looks plenty cool and all, but this game and technology is just in whole different solar system. Truly impressive.

I can't remember why BFBC2 sucked so bad. I wish there was a PC demo for that game. I'd like to give it another try.

Maybe because actually BC2 was a great game? From my point of view it beats any other FPS on the market right now (especially from "immersion" perspective , which is one of the most important things for me in FPS genre) , but of course it is not a place or time to discuss it. :)

I really liked the footage of BF3 that was shown to us. This game will be massive. Can't wait.

Hats off to DICE. I knew it already when I was playing Pinball Dreams and Fantasies on my Amiga 500 , that they are capable of doing amazing stuff. ;)

*tank gameplay*
I think I need new pants.

Frostbite 1.0 looked amazing, BC2 on medium(!) settings on my PC walks all over every other game I've played on any platform graphics-wise... for DICE to somehow improve it in Frostbite 2.0 is mindblowing. So much want, and being a "proper" BF game you know the online is going to be absolutely badass.

Just from the trailers that have been shown, DICE has IW completely bent over and is giving them a good hard spanking... EA 1, Activision 0 (well, 2-0 - BC2 is better than any current COD game as it is)

OMG the tank gameplay clip and the frostbite 2.0 demo are completely off the hook... I'm going to the store ASAP to pre-order this game... GOTTA HAVE IT!

Those are some epic explosions. Love Frostbite 2. At least we know we'll be able to go prone now. :lol:

Solid Lifters
I can't remember why BFBC2 sucked so bad. I wish there was a PC demo for that game. I'd like to give it another try.

It's not that that it sucked because it's the best (in my opinion), but the servers dropping was the down side

Multiplayer gameplay:

[youtubehd]aPu7-LtLKmU[/youtubehd]

Watched those videos. Left PC. Pre-ordered. :)

hahahaha, yea I pre-ordered it once I heard about it.

if this game is anything like bad company 2 (it's looking like it will be 100% better) then this game will take away a lot of my life away lol

I can't freaking wait.....

BTW,who here has a powerful enough computer to run it?

I need to build a rig for it,and I better start gathering information about new RAM DDR3 ,HD graphic cards and new processors.

I'm currently using a 2GB of RAM Laptop,with 256MB videochip and Athlon x2 processor,is quite old but it runs BF2 with max LOD(no antialiasing thought),I have to say that BF2 is pretty bad optimized,comparing it to HL2 and other PC games(not as strong as Far cry),so I have to check carefully.

BTW Who many of you guys still play BF2 on PC?

Both of the videos posted on this page are available in 1080P. Worth the effort to watch full screen :drool:

^ System requirements should be similar to BC2. I get an easy 80+FPS 90% of the time on medium settings with an i5 750 and 5770s in Crossfire.

I'm building a rig later this summer to run this maxed out, possibly with fraps running idk.

I'm on twitter and a Pro PC player posted a computer the could run BF3 for about $900. Not to bad in my opinion.

It's not that that it sucked because it's the best (in my opinion), but the servers dropping was the down side

No, it sucked for me cause in the in the first 10 minutes of gameplay I'd hit somebody twice and they'd return fire killing me first. Sucked. Plus, my controller *SplitFish Mouse jobby* wouldn't work properly and I can't stand the DS3 for FPS games. Plus, on top of that, I got stuck between a fence and a building and couldn't move. I'd even respawned right there and guy kept shooting me over and over again for easy kills since I couldn't do jack squat. Done.

Plus, there's only one game EA has ever done right, IMO.

EDIT: Kojima likes it... http://thesilentchief.com/2011/06/07/hideo-kojima-praises-battlefield-3/

Last edited:
If you get a squad of friends going it's a blast, and it sounds like you just need some more time, it took me til lvl 26 to realize you can't jump thru a double window with the other half intact

Mixed Emotions about BF3 At One End I see a Game Utterly Gorgeous that may and possibly will provide more entertainment for me then its Counterpart.BUT BF3 causes problems to Players like me who can Only afford 'ONE' Multiplayer FFS I mean it kind of Splits People into COD and BF3 Especially when you have a Large group of Friends who were always online playing COD now However ................. See what I mean :D

Battlefield 3 will be my go to for online. MW3 im only buying for the story then I will trade it in straight off.

Love it how Battlefield has their version of "Call of Duty Elite" for free. With dedicated servers and I think co-op campaign.

sems4arsenal
Mixed Emotions about BF3 At One End I see a Game Utterly Gorgeous that may and possibly will provide more entertainment for me then its Counterpart.BUT BF3 causes problems to Players like me who can Only afford 'ONE' Multiplayer FFS I mean it kind of Splits People into COD and BF3 Especially when you have a Large group of Friends who were always online playing COD now However ................. See what I mean :D

If all your friends play cod then add some friends who are playing bf3 that are good and/or have a mic, another quick way if you are desperate to add people to your friends list is to put your area code as your clan tag and someone may add you

Back