Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
Operation metro is in BF4 via map pack, and operation locker (Standard BF4) is similar to op metro in close quarter enclosed combat. The carrier assault game mode (Naval strike map pack) starts as a medium water based conquest map and ends up close quarters rush on the aircraft carrier.

Last edited:
Question guys, are there any close quarter maps like Norshahr from BF3?

Smallest is Nansha Strike DOM/TDM which is staged entirely inside an aircraft carrier. Infact its probably smaller and tighter than Noshahr except for the Containers ofcourse.

Are you talking about Team deathmatch though at Norshahr because that was small. Conquest not so much.
Ah, yes. Should've mentioned game mode, but yes, team deathmatch. TDM was really small on Norshahr and I wish there was at least one map of that size in BF4.

Smallest is Nansha Strike DOM/TDM which is staged entirely inside an aircraft carrier. Infact its probably smaller and tighter than Noshahr except for the Containers ofcourse.
Nice! Looks like I'm gonna have to get premium soon.

Last edited:
I have to say that Obliteration is a lot of fun.
Is it just me or do people not play anything but Naval Strike anymore, I am kind of getting bored of the same four maps all based on water with several islands. Everytime I do a server search it's hardcore with 1-5 open slots and 90% of the time Naval strike is the only thing available.

I only have the China rising free DLC so far and have plenty to choose from in BF4 maps only. TDM, Rush, domination, conquest, you name it.
I do see that I can't join my friends as frequently as I used to because they're on maps I don't have access to.

I only have the China rising free DLC so far and have plenty to choose from in BF4 maps only. TDM, Rush, domination, conquest, you name it.
I do see that I can't join my friends as frequently as I used to because they're on maps I don't have access to.
Yeah, I just joined a BF4 map server and it was pretty full and fun. I wish they had servers that cycled through all of the map packs like putting your ipod on shuffle.
Giant Shark (Megalodon) Easter Egg found. LOL!
So what happens now in BFFs since "Noob" was right the whole time :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:
We'll have to wait and see since they announced season 4 is coming. I can't wait to watch season 4 as revisiting the old ones gets pretty boring.

Yeah, I just joined a BF4 map server and it was pretty full and fun. I wish they had servers that cycled through all of the map packs like putting your ipod on shuffle.

I don't know when it's coming, but once server rentals becomes available you will see most severs running shuffles...at least that's how it was in BF3.

Remember, if you're not going in a bucket, you're not playing Battlefield!

About a week ago I posted that I got a 9xx meter headshot with the L96 iron sights from the tower at op firestorm. I just double checked that on battlelog, and I am apparently full of you know what, it was 413.81m, I thought the 4 was a 9 in the heat of the moment :lol:, impressive for me nonetheless. I just thought I'd say something.

Dear PS3 players, does Battlefield still crash as often for you guys, or is it just me?
More and more for me too lately. 👎
It doesn't even seem to have a 'system'. Some say it's due to the PS3 getting a bit too hot but I've had freezes at the beginning of my first game.
I do think it could have something to do with on which server you play. i.e. I've been seeing more freezes when playing on '[DICE] Test server' than on other normal servers.

More and more for me too lately. 👎
It doesn't even seem to have a 'system'. Some say it's due to the PS3 getting a bit too hot but I've had freezes at the beginning of my first game.
I do think it could have something to do with on which server you play. i.e. I've been seeing more freezes when playing on '[DICE] Test server' than on other normal servers.
Ah, I see. Probaby my PS3 is getting too old now and needs cleaning/new thermal paste. It freezed twice after a couple hours of playing, probably due to overheating.
Another time, when I was watching the ship crash at Paracel Storm, freezed. :banghead: Screw it, I'm done playing.

I played quite a bit tonight in a pistols only server. At first, I went with the SW40. That thing is pretty awesome, bar the six round cylinder capacity. I also messed around with the Delta RDS. after unlocking it for the SW40. I think I may like it better than the Mini RDS. I had never really used the Delta RDS because I have never really liked sights with chevrons and I thought the Delta would be about the same. However, since the triangle is completely filled, as opposed to the chevron, the aiming point seems to show up better. The only way I will know one way or the other is to use the Delta RDS more.

I also messed around with the M1911. Prior to the recent changes, there was no reason to use the M1911 over the Compact 45, as the Compact 45 was a better version of the M1911. The recent changes have made a difference. The M1911 will definitely compete with the Compact 45. However, I am not really sure the M1911 or Compact 45 are better options compared to the 9mm handguns. I will probably stick with the M1911 for a bit just to try it out some more and change it up from either the P226 or MP443.

I've been using the RPG-7V2 quite a lot lately and had a lot of fun and some great kills with it.

Here's a compilation of some of my kills.

These last few days I have been working on the new Phantom Trainee assignment and im intrigued to see what the result will be when it inevitably finishes on the last DLC. We started off getting a Dogtag with Prospect, Now a camo with trainee. I'm pretty intrested to see what we will get with the further phantom program assignments as its clear there more to come as the story isn't finished yet. So presumably we have got 2 more phantom assignments to come ( dragons teeth, final stand) And I think given its a premium only feature we might get some pretty cool rewards for them. We have a tag and camo so who knows :)

Back to the trainee I have gotten my jet kills and shotgun portions of the assignment done easily just a good few SW40 kills to go and I'm done.

On another note I'm really happy DICE have started to really improve the game on PS4. Ofcourse Naval Strike has a way to go but the vanilla game for me since the last patch has been great. Ofcourse i shouldnt have to be happy about a half year old game only now starting to work correctly but there you go, Not much we can do. Just a shame I havnt had as much time lately to play is i'd normally like so I'm looking forward to diving back in from now on.

I really like the M1014. That shotgun and I work really well together. It is incredibly fun playing very aggressively to push into the ranges where the M1014 becomes effective. I do need to work on aiming better, instead of hoping the spread will cover my lazy aiming.

Back