Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
It would be cool if someone had time to make a Battlefield user directory thread similar to the one on the iRacing section. The hardest part is maintaining it.
Yeah. In the BF3 thread back then, there were a few casual people actively posting there. We added each others PSN/Gamertag. (mostly it was me who randomly added and introduced myself saying I'm from GTP) We played just whenever we happen to be online (which back then I was online a lot). Then post battlelog match results here. :D The thread was kinda active and it was fun times.

I have not been playing much of anything lately and when I have, it has tended to be Arma 3 or I have been binge watching Community or Deep Space 9. There is just not enough time in the day to do everything I would like to do. :lol:

And I am guessing you are on PS4?
I know, too little time, too many things to do/enjoy. :D

I am on lame old last gen, PS3. :lol: And a confession, I haven't touched the PS3 or BF4 in months. :(

I see you on from time to time, but every time I get around to playing your off, or your server is full. We should get some games going this weekend 👍

Sure just send me a message or invite any time and I'll get back to you. I'm in the UK so the time zone difference may explain some of that. I probably spend 95% of my time as infantry, only using vehicles for transport or if a friend needs help.

Just something that I've noticed when I'm on the server browser but I always have a good connection with a lot of the US servers, I've always avoided them however because I don't want to lag everywhere and ruin the game for others, but is it safe to join them or is it best to continue finding European servers?

Sure just send me a message or invite any time and I'll get back to you. I'm in the UK so the time zone difference may explain some of that. I probably spend 95% of my time as infantry, only using vehicles for transport or if a friend needs help.

Just something that I've noticed when I'm on the server browser but I always have a good connection with a lot of the US servers, I've always avoided them however because I don't want to lag everywhere and ruin the game for others, but is it safe to join them or is it best to continue finding European servers?
Yeah I stick to infantry as well, and use vehicles the same as you. I avoid piloting anything all together though.. never knew a helicopter would be so difficult in game haha. I mainly use Engineer with the wire-guided rocket. Works wonders against choppers, since its not lock-on, and doesnt get thrown off by flares.

To be honest, I'm not even sure. I just usually stick to the ones with the most bars, never really noticed what servers I was joining. Hows your connection? We'll find out when we try it haha.

I have played quite a few games of Chainlink now and so far, I have to say I enjoy the game mode. It is a much better version of Domination.

After getting this game for PS3 and getting very disappointed and seeing as how bad the game is even after the recent patches, would you guys recommend this game for PC right now? I'm not getting premium if that matters. I'm probably just going to skip 4 and get Hardlines.

After getting this game for PS3 and getting very disappointed and seeing as how bad the game is even after the recent patches, would you guys recommend this game for PC right now? I'm not getting premium if that matters. I'm probably just going to skip 4 and get Hardlines.
I have played BF4 on PS3 and PS4 now and must admit that the new gen console is much more capable for BF4.
Less lag, a crash every so now and then instead of 2 - 3 times per evening. And 64 vs 32

I have played BF4 on PS3 and PS4 now and must admit that the new gen console is much more capable for BF4.
Less lag, a crash every so now and then instead of 2 - 3 times per evening. And 64 vs 32

64 vs 24 :)

Anyway, I have dived back in to BF4 now after a little break and I am enjoying it immensely. Dragons Teeth is a very solid DLC and is my favourite so far for BF4. Chainlink is a fun little gamemode and on double XP I think will be great for leveling up. Only if they took the 10 min timer off. :)

The weapons are great and intresting choices, I only wish there wasn't two pistols. As the Deagle is superior to the unica in almost every way I feel it will be overshadowed and rarely used and for that I think DICE would have been better served putting a new carbine in the game, as we have only had 1 new carbine from DLCs and that was one from BF3. (Not that I dislike the MTAR ofcourse, its great).

The maps are good for the most part. I really enjoy 3 of the for but 1 of them isn't so great in my opinion. (Guess which one?) :)

Yes........ pearl market. Its just a maze of buildings and backalleys and doesn't appear to be a map that much thought was given to the flow and design of its layout.

The other 3 however are very enjoyable, Propaganda the most out of the bunch in my opinion. Not only because of the gameplay it provides but also a unique atmosphere that really adds to the enjoyment and immersiveness of the map.

As I'm a infantry focused player I guess its no surprise to me that I enjoy DT, but still, given DICE LA are the developers of Final Stand also I can't wait what's instore for us there.

PS. That rumour of a phantom weapon tho? :)

I have played quite a few games of Chainlink now and so far, I have to say I enjoy the game mode. It is a much better version of Domination.
I think it really is pretty good, the worst thing about it is the 10 min timer, it needs to be doubled at least

The new maps are good and Chain Link is a fairly good game mode. The bulldog is a beast! Scar-H damage with AUG A3 rate of fire and bullpup benefits. Yum!

I kind of wish they'd given us an M14 SOCOM or EBR instead, the Bulldog is ugly as sin but I guess it's in line with the 'bullpup all quite a lot of the things' approach they've taken with the rest of the weapons in the game.

I think it really is pretty good, the worst thing about it is the 10 min timer, it needs to be doubled at least

It is a whole lot of fun to run suppressed weapons and set a spawn beacon at the flag closest to the enemy spawn. I have done that in a few games and have caused all kinds of chaos.

The new maps are good and Chain Link is a fairly good game mode. The bulldog is a beast! Scar-H damage with AUG A3 rate of fire and bullpup benefits. Yum!

I lack a few Engineer and Recon kills to unlock the Bulldog. Unlocking the Dragon's Teeth weapons has been slow going so far.

I just picked up the season pass last night, and man did I have crap load of battlepacks to open haha. It was a nice treat, as I've been wanting to switch up my classes lately, I run silencer's on everything besides my sniper rifle and pistols, and I got a handful for a bunch of different weapons from the packs so I was pretty excited.

Ended up playing a few games of Dragons Teeth with @katpeeler before I had to head to bed. I enjoy the lack of vehicles, especially since I try to stick to infantry only, other than transports. I'm not sure if I played every map for the pack so far, though.

With me just getting the Season Pass, I have alot of maps to learn. I also have alot of weapons I need to start getting unlocked :) Anyone that has it for the Xbox One, feel Free to add me " iImaroboti "

I just picked up the season pass last night, and man did I have crap load of battlepacks to open haha. It was a nice treat, as I've been wanting to switch up my classes lately, I run silencer's on everything besides my sniper rifle and pistols, and I got a handful for a bunch of different weapons from the packs so I was pretty excited.

Ended up playing a few games of Dragons Teeth with @katpeeler before I had to head to bed. I enjoy the lack of vehicles, especially since I try to stick to infantry only, other than transports. I'm not sure if I played every map for the pack so far, though.

With me just getting the Season Pass, I have alot of maps to learn. I also have alot of weapons I need to start getting unlocked :) Anyone that has it for the Xbox One, feel Free to add me " iImaroboti "
I am looking forward to getting this for the X1, probably next month. Then we can play together again. I believe our last game together was Diablo 3 on 360. I will probably just get the season pass so I get a discount on all the maps. In all the BF games I play as an engineer 98% of the time focusing on objectives and vehicles.

How is BF4 now with all the updates? From what I what I played at my brothers it was a bit rough at launch. Since it is climbing up on the 1 year since release, I figure they hopefully have most of the bugs resolved.

I am looking forward to getting this for the X1, probably next month. Then we can play together again. I believe our last game together was Diablo 3 on 360. I will probably just get the season pass so I get a discount on all the maps. In all the BF games I play as an engineer 98% of the time focusing on objectives and vehicles.
Sounds good to me 👍 and yeah Diablo was the last game.

I've actually only spent time on my Engineer so far. I started with Recon, and I love the stopping power of the C4, but I just couldnt get the hang of the sniper rifles yet, plus I didnt know the maps at the time. I'm usually the only one on the team taking out the vehicles, mainly started that class because I was tired of no one dealing with tanks and choppers.

How is BF4 now with all the updates? From what I what I played at my brothers it was a bit rough at launch. Since it is climbing up on the 1 year since release, I figure they hopefully have most of the bugs resolved.
I'm not noticing much problems really, I didnt have it at release so I'm not sure what the problems were. I'm relatively lag free almost all night. Occasionally I'll get a spurt here and there, but thats once in a while while doing a 64 man server. Sticking with the 32 player server I almost never have a problem.

What I do find annoying, is getting stopped in your tracks because your character cant seem to just walk over a 1ft high destroyed wall. I get stuck in all kinds of places trying to jump over something I shouldnt have to jump over haha.

So last night I tried a new setup, I've always liked the GOL, since BFBC2, but now I like it more than I did in BF4. I started using the GOL with the M145 3.4x scope, straight pull bolt and suppressor. Last night I got 2 separate '2 kills one shot' head shots within 10 minutes of each other on separate maps, abs both were out of luck because of the slower bullet velocity, the second guy just walked into my shot both times. Tonight was just as good. What I like about this setup is that you can be in the middle of the action or on the sidelines sniping and do just fine. I assume this would only work in hardcore due to the one shot kills.

I messed around with the M40A5 recently to finish off two Assignments that required sniper rifle ribbons and ran a similar setup. I ran the M40A5 with the Prisma 3.4x sight, Canted Ironsights, a Suppressor, and a Straight Pull bolt. It worked better than I thought it would on a few of the Dragon's Teeth maps. While it is not something I will use often, it is a setup I enjoy more than the higher magnification scopes.

Hàving watched a video comparison on the visual recoil update fix in CTE. I simply can't wait for this to be patched into the game. Along with the player movement upgrades, triage and HUD element customisation I hope the next patch that includes these updates won't take to long to arrive.

Visual recoil & Player movement -

Triage -

HUD customisation -

Last edited:
Any News on when/if this is coming to consoles? Looks like a great update.

I'm pretty confident it will come to consoles, No reason why it shouldn't. PC doesn't have these changes implemented yet, they're just things that have been implemented into the CTE client to be tested and improved ready for implementation into the retail version of BF4.

Back