Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
Classic mode: removes health/armor regeneration without a health pak/bag/repair tool; is squad leader spawn only; removes 3d spotting; utilizes magazine pool, instead of ammo pool; and has no killcam.

As a follow up to my previous posts on Classic mode, I have to say Classic mode is absolutely amazing. The pace of the game is slowed down compared to softcore, but without being tedious like in hardcore. I have found squads to be more likely to work together in Classic. Teamwork is much more important in Classic and Rambo play styles are incredibly difficult to pull off. I have also found engagements tend to make more sense and areas of conflict more defined since spawn locations are more limited. My only complaints about Classic Mode are bad squad leaders and the implementation of the magazine pool for ammunition.

Just tried the game on PS4 after the patch for the first time, got to say it feels way better but the sensitivity is faster now right? Anybody recommend a certain sensitivity?

hahahaah the tactical worm was great.
Yeah, I was watching his stream as he was setting all of that up last night. Entire twitch chat blew up when the soldiers were being launched up into the ship during that crawl when they hit the water, and he burst out in laughter as well.

On the Sarlac pit, I saw that video too and next time when I play on Hainan Resort, I'll definitely remember to bring C4 to the D point and watch some innocent souls falling for the trap. :mischievous:
Just tried the game on PS4 after the patch for the first time, got to say it feels way better but the sensitivity is faster now right? Anybody recommend a certain sensitivity?
I'm at sensitivity 40, playing on PS4 as well.
I haven't touched the aim down sight sensivity yet as I'm used to how it worked before so won't make it harder on myself getting used to something new there too.

Lets see if I can remember my settings without being able to look currently.

100% sensitivity, 115% aim down sight sensitivity, 140% aim sensitivity smoothing (or whatever it's called)

I've noticed most of the PC players who use a great gaming mouse have low sensitivity.

Shame the console controllers don't have the precision that a high dpi mouse has. Impossible to get smooth and precise without turning it into a sluggish mess.

I finished the Made in China, From Russia with Lead, and American Classics Assignments over the last week/weekend. Before the Fall Patch, I found DMRs were lacking in comparison to pretty much everything, except for at a specific range at which most of the automatic weapons have to really tap fire to put rounds on targets. At that point, DMRs were not awful, but severely lacked in versatility. It was the reason I put off finishing those assignments. I did not have the patience to deal with a weapon class that was so lacking.

Now, with the removal of visual recoil and most weapons receiving a slight damage decrease, the DMRs are not as lacking. The DMRs area still outgunned in close ranges, but much more usable at all other ranges, especially with the combination of a 3.4x/4x sight and canted iron sights.

Being able to actually use magnification now is amazing. I had always had a suspicion that without the exaggerated recoil, the mid power magnification (3.4x or 4x) scopes would be very useful and they now are. Unless I am playing ultra aggressively, which I do not do as often as I should (M1014 FTW), I prefer to play just behind the front line guys; my reflexes are just not consistently fast enough to do consistently well in close quarters with anything that is not a M1014. A magnified optic makes that much easier to do successfully.

The Fall Patch has been awesome. More weapons are effectively usable. More attachments are usable. Classic Mode is amazing. DICE did a solid good one with this patch.

^ I blew up a LAV under that boat there yesterday and the explosion had created a whole like in the video with a puddle of water and as soon as I touched that bit of water I immediatly got 'killed in action'. My friend saw me do it as I explained it to him and he just had to follow me in that water. :lol:

I think I'll set something up next time there. Going in as support with C4 and making that whole under the boat section off limits for everyone. :lol:

^ I blew up a LAV under that boat there yesterday and the explosion had created a whole like in the video with a puddle of water and as soon as I touched that bit of water I immediatly got 'killed in action'. My friend saw me do it as I explained it to him and he just had to follow me in that water. :lol:

I think I'll set something up next time there. Going in as support with C4 and making that whole under the boat section off limits for everyone. :lol:
It would take a while but it's doable I think.

It would take a while but it's doable I think.
Tried it by myself just now and it takes about 6 - 7 times 3 sandwiches of C4 to make a decent whole.
By myself, it was quite hard to do as they came to find me every time while I was still working on it.
I did see one unknowing guy running in and getting killed in action and I think I caught 2 LAV's in it as well.
Not sure on the LAV's as I wasn't there when they got destroyed but both where on top of the puddle so I'm asuming in kills everything. Now that's a real sarlacc pit!

I do not know if I could have played much worse than I did tonight. After using the M39 EMR, SKS, and QBU-88 to finish assignments, using an assault rifle(M16A4) or carbine (M4) was mostly too big of a change to make after jumping into matches. I could not put bullets on target to save my life. On top that, I was in one of those funks where everything led to a death. It was incredibly frustrating. Fortunately, the last match I played I was somewhat able to turn it around and play half decently.

Tonight, reinforced my hatred of sights that utilize chevrons. Chevrons are awful. I was using the ACOG on both the M16A4 and M4 because it was the only higher magnification sight I have unlocked for the M16A4. So I figured for consistency, I would use the ACOG on the M4 also, even though I have the Chinese 4x unlocked. Huge mistake. Even with the excessive clutter, the Chinese 4x is a much better option. As soon as I switched the M4 to the Chinese 4x, my aim instantly improved. A crosshair is much easier to aim accurately. A chevron is just does not work very well.

Starting to determine which guns are bad and which are good now that I'm heavily playing the game.

Bad guns give me more assists/deaths compared to the good ones. :lol: :P

I've started to play BF4 a bit more now. I only play a few rounds at a time but slowly and shurely I'm getting back into the swing of things. As I've said before the metagame of ranking up and unlocking stuff is a big attraction for me and as I've unlocked everything and I'm at max rank I don't quite have the same impulse to play anymore. The way the game plays though, And the improvements to the Rush maps helps me get over it and have fun. Just waiting on final stand to get back into it heavily now. I do feel a bit dissapointed that I'm premium and I'm supposed to have 2 weeks early access but people on PC have been playing it for ages now. The DLC looks solid and rellitivelly bugfree so release it it for everyone!

Only those in CTE have been playing it. They think they're so important because they've got access to DICE's testing environment. :lol:

Yet they completely missed the sarlacc pit on Hainan Resort, so I'm not sure what they're testing...

Only those in CTE have been playing it. They think they're so important because they've got access to DICE's testing environment. :lol:

Yet they completely missed the sarlacc pit on Hainan Resort, so I'm not sure what they're testing...

I know its only on CTE. Most PC players I imagine would be on it though considering you could play final stand. They have the cheek to say that premium players on console cansign up for CTE aswell! If I had PC capable of Playing BF4 I wouldnt be on goddamn console.

The reason there's no Console CTE is because DICE has to get approval from and pay Sony and Microsoft for any updates they bring in. On PC that's not the case and as CTE is the test enviroment they bring out updates quite often on the CTE. That's why the updates on consoles are always so big. They want to minimize the updates that they bring to consoles as otherwise it would probably cost them too much.

The reason there's no Console CTE is because DICE has to get approval from and pay Sony and Microsoft for any updates they bring in. On PC that's not the case and as CTE is the test enviroment they bring out updates quite often on the CTE. That's why the updates on consoles are always so big. They want to minimize the updates that they bring to consoles as otherwise it would probably cost them too much.

I know all this lol. I would never expect a CTE program on console i know thats imposible. I'm not bemoaning the fact there's no CTE on console. I'm bemoaning the fact Final Stand has been available for an inordanant amount of time on CTE and basically is a kick in the teeth for Premium members who are supposed to have 2 weeks early access. Fair enough put on CTE for a limited time as CTE is usefull for mass testing but there's no need to give PC players this amount of time with it when it looks complete and relitively bug free.

I know all this lol. I would never expect a CTE program on console i know thats imposible. I'm not bemoaning the fact there's no CTE on console. I'm bemoaning the fact Final Stand has been available for an inordanant amount of time on CTE and basically is a kick in the teeth for Premium members who are supposed to have 2 weeks early access. Fair enough put on CTE for a limited time as CTE is usefull for mass testing but there's no need to give PC players this amount of time with it when it looks complete and relitively bug free.
I understand your frustration on this, I feel a bit the same looking at all those YT vids on the new maps. But if that's what it takes to get the bugs out before launching it. Then I'm willing to wait (and suffer from desire). :lol:

It hasn't been bug free. A few of the new weapons were launching vehicles across the map.

I know it hasn't been completely bug free. That's why it was a good idea to put it on CTE for a day for each map (weapon balance/bugs). I was talking about now. It looks good to go now so Why don't they atleast anounce a release date considering its virtually been released for PC already.

Back