Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
Still dont dig it.....seems to Call of Dutyish....
I like the new battle pickups. They all have only a short lifetime. The Accipiter has a battery of about 30sec and the Rorsch has a crazy long reload and even firetime. It takes about a second before it fires after you pulled the trigger, so if someone gets too close to you, you just have to drop it in order to win against that opponent.
And the hover tank is just another tank with millions of engineers around it. :lol:

I like the new battle pickups. They all have only a short lifetime. The Accipiter has a battery of about 30sec and the Rorsch has a crazy long reload and even firetime. It takes about a second before it fires after you pulled the trigger, so if someone gets too close to you, you just have to drop it in order to win against that opponent.
And the hover tank is just another tank with millions of engineers around it. :lol:

I have only used the Rorsch so far. My initial impression is that it is not necessarily the easiest thing to use. You have to anticipate the fire delay and hope the long reload does not end up being a problem.

More like Battlefield 2142... but whatever....

I was thinking the same.

Those dogtags though...
Even with these helping images (http://imgur.com/a/sX93D) of places where dogtags have been found already, I still haven't been able to get my hands on one.
Server hopping from one to another with a max of 4 guys in, just so when I find one it officially counts.

I played quite a bit yesterday and like the maps so far. I have not really played them enough to find faults in the maps just yet. I have noticed that the last set of MCOMs on Rush tend to be difficult.

Kind of annoyed after grinding to complete the 3 phantom assignments I have to go trawling through servers in the hope I find 1 of these dogtags. Sureley just making us wear the phantom camos and initiate tag would have sufficed. Or even if these new tags were fixed so they wouldn't despawn when someone in the server finds one. It basically means I got to spend more time on BF4 not actually playing the game but carrying out a manotinous and boring task.

I'm unsure wether to bother looking atm as id guess there would be loads of people looking for them and the chance of finding one would be slim even using the imgur album. As far as I'm aware it has to actually be during a round and they don't spawn until 5-10mins after the start and 5-10 after one has been found.

Edit - just as I thought. Looked in every spot on hangar 21 didn't see anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the bow! :D
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Speedy6543/weapons/230370600/ps4/#phantom

Here's how to get it by Jfrags

EDIT

Kind of annoyed after grinding to complete the 3 phantom assignments I have to go trawling through servers in the hope I find 1 of these dogtags. Sureley just making us wear the phantom camos and initiate tag would have sufficed. Or even if these new tags were fixed so they wouldn't despawn when someone in the server finds one. It basically means I got to spend more time on BF4 not actually playing the game but carrying out a manotinous and boring task.

I'm unsure wether to bother looking atm as id guess there would be loads of people looking for them and the chance of finding one would be slim even using the imgur album. As far as I'm aware it has to actually be during a round and they don't spawn until 5-10mins after the start and 5-10 after one has been found.

Edit - just as I thought. Looked in every spot on hangar 21 didn't see anything.
They spawn randomly but multiple tags spawn per game.
My succes in finding one was just by playing the game and once the game progressed past 8 min to look for it in a couple places at the flags that belonged to our team.

This is how I feel about the Assignment. The paint, camo, and initiate tag would have more than sufficed. Making me play the game, but not play the game, is stupid.

Having the bow was already done.
Completing the assignment happened about an hour ago on a Bow only server.

Get 200 kills
Get 50 headshots

phantom operative complete.jpg

Now I've got me a cool new left and right dogtag. :)

Just wasted another hour and a half sitting bored out of my skull looking around H21. Don't play BF4 much anymore anyway but was hoping to get back into it. This has just frustrated me to the point where Im prepered to not to bother.

Today I finally found a dog tag. It only took me 8 hours -.-

The bow is as bad as I expected. The hunt for the tag destroyed my stats so I don't care to much anyway ^^
At least it is a stylish new way to take the enemies out :D

I joined epmty servers with three friends just to look for tags. We found tags for all three in about 45min-1hr.
Once we found a tag we just quit and went to another empty server.
All three were different tags so afterwards I helped them get the bow.
My skill level dropped to around 100 again but I'm not too worried about that because it raises again pretty easily by just playing the game.

In case you need a good guide for locations, I use this. http://imgur.com/a/hzBRN
This guy updates frequently as new locations are found.

EDIT:
I'm also 89 kills away from my Bow Master dogtag. :D

In an interview David Serland said there was plenty of new stuff yet to come in Battlefield 4. We are all kind of knew this because the Premium calendar had been extended but to actually hear it from a DICE source is good. He said there would be an anouncement after the Battlefest 2.0 which is 8/12/14.

Premium was on sale for 50% off so I decided to go for it. Just for clarification, this includes all the map packs and a bunch of other goodies along with getting access to the maps 2 weeks before they come out?

Premium was on sale for 50% off so I decided to go for it. Just for clarification, this includes all the map packs and a bunch of other goodies along with getting access to the maps 2 weeks before they come out?

Yes, But the fact Final stand has just been released means you wont get no use out of the 2 weeks exclusivity as FS is the Last (officially announced) DLC and its just been released for non premiums.

Yes, But the fact Final stand has just been released means you wont get no use out of the 2 weeks exclusivity as FS is the Last (officially announced) DLC and its just been released for non premiums.
That's fine. At least I save a lot of money from buying every single map pack. That was my main reason for buying the premium. Knew if I waited long enough the premium would go on sale. :)

I bought Premium when I had to buy BF4 again for PS4. Ok, it costed me a lot of money at the time but I'm very picky on what games I buy. I haven't played any other game, except for some beta's, since the launch of BF4. So in the end I don't spend that much money on games. :sly:
BF4 premium = no regrets at all.

Now that you're premium @CAMAROBOY69 don't forget to enter the codes in battlelog for your new phantom assignments. :)

It was on sale for PS4? I was really planning on buying it but I'm sure it was only for yesterday while I was at work for 24 hours :X

I bought Premium when I had to buy BF4 again for PS4. Ok, it costed me a lot of money at the time but I'm very picky on what games I buy. I haven't played any other game, except for some beta's, since the launch of BF4. So in the end I don't spend that much money on games. :sly:
BF4 premium = no regrets at all.

Now that you're premium @CAMAROBOY69 don't forget to enter the codes in battlelog for your new phantom assignments. :)
Battlelog in the game itself or on the PC? I have never even messed with that. Also where would the battlelog codes be? I haven't played BF4 in a a few months.

Battlelog in the game itself or on the PC? I have never even messed with that. Also where would the battlelog codes be? I haven't played BF4 in a a few months.
Battlelog on the PC.

Go to Leaderboards and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
You'll see a small skull in the bottom left corner.

leaderboard skull.jpg

Click the skull and you end up in this screen.

Paswoord ingeefscherm.jpg

As of now you can start entering the passwords.
Password 1: bumpinthenight
Password 2: EPIC DREAM WORLDS
Password 3: 24344241893

Hit enter after every password and you'll be directed to enter the next password.
Restarting BF4 on your X One you'll get a pop up message saying you've unlocked the Phantom assignments.

Phantom assignments.jpg

I'm not going to bother with the Phantom Bow. I hope they'll just release it to the public someday because this isn't even fun anymore. At least, not to me. I don't feel like spending hours looking for white boxes on maps.

I'm reinstalling BF4 today on my PC after a HDD malfunction, once it's finished i'll be playing Final Stand for the first time. I'm not digging the lack of new weapons in this DLC, I was hoping for some more Russian weaponry.

Back