Battlefield: Hardline

Australia
Australia
bfhardline_keyart.jpg

On behalf of everyone at EA and Visceral Games, I’m fired up to confirm our next project – Battlefield Hardline. This is a brand new series in the Battlefield franchise, set against the backdrop of a genre we all love – the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals.

Several years ago, I was at an internal EA meeting in Barcelona with creative leaders from across the company. It was here I met Karl Magnus Troedsson, the GM of DICE, for the first time, and we immediately began talking about games. I’ve always loved Battlefield and KM was a huge fan of Dead Space, so we started talking about different ways we could work together, different ways we could take Battlefield and action games in a new direction. And from that point, the project that would become Battlefield Hardline was born.

I wish I could tell you more now – more about the ways we are adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer, more about how we’re bringing our strengths at Visceral to single player. But the wait won’t be too long – we’re looking forward to sharing more with you on June 9.

Stay tuned for more information about Battlefield Hardline at E3 and sign up for updates at our web site www.battlefield.com/hardline.

Thanks,
Steve Papoutsis
General Manager, Visceral Games
Executive Producer, Battlefield Hardline
@leveluptime

Just leaked and confirmed by EA to release Fall 2014. Hopefully this game isn't released broken like the last game and is set to be developed by Visceral Games.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Seems like it'll be a PvP take on Payday 2, I guess this will give them some leeway in terms of 'sigh, another modern warfare shooter' and also with new game modes and asymmetrical multiplayer; how could they not take the opportunity to introduce a bank heist where the robbers have to escape and the cops have to kill or incapacitate (I saw a taser somewhere) the robbers. I somehow can't see 32v32 games, though. In fact it's hard to picture it being much like Battlefield 4 at all, really. How would it work?

The fact that DICE can't seem to make their own software properly functional does make me wonder how Visceral are going to manage it.

Let me guess. Another CoD campaign and horribly made multiplayer? Yeah, that seems about right.

Battlefield 2 and 2142 were so much better than the garbage they push out today.

Now? It's always been between one or two years per main game (not including expansions, Heroes or 1943).

2002 - 1943
2004 - Vietnam
2005 - Battlefield 2
2006 - Battlefield 2142
2008 - Bad Company
2010 - Bad Company 2
2011 - Battlefield 3
2013 - Battlefield 4
2014 - Hardline

What's the need to start criticising them now?

Spotted a Mustang and Challenger in there, too.

Last edited:
I truly enjoy the BF series I just don't know how people can keep up with all these game series that are released every single year. Its happening more and more. I really don't know how people do it unless they are not working or not going to school. I am nowhere near finished with BF3 and I have only played BF4 at my brothers a couple times. Now here is ANOTHER Bf game. :dunce: It really just makes it harder and harder to justify purchasing full games. Takes them months just to fix the bugs because they keep releasing them so fast. By the time the bugs are worked out, dlc is out, then the next game is announced. Just dang.

GTA meets BF ... meh.

I'm up for BF games, but after the technical nightmare that BF4 was I will be skipping this one.

This better not affect the release of Battlefront 3 :rolleyes:

@Akira AC I believe DICE is developing Battlefront 3 while this game is being developed by Visceral Games (the guys behind Dead Space) so it shouldn't have any impact on the development of Battlefront 3.

When I first heard about it I thought the idea was awful and Battlefield was ruined. Checked out the trailer and it looks pretty cool, like a Battlefield version of CounterStrike or something.

Isn't BF:BC3 scheduled for 2015? Also, EA making DICE push a game out every year kills it for me. I want to be able to enjoy a game to its fullest. Like BF3.

Battlefield: Police Brutality. :lol:

Looks decent but like @Akira AC said, this looks like something that belongs in GTA.
Pretty much like..

GTA V's selling point is not there, even though they got a lot of money, EA loves money, and want to attract the disappointed GTA V buyers consumers, et voilà, they get some of these stuff they love

I might have been overthinking it :lol:

Pretty much like..

GTA V's selling point is not there, even though they got a lot of money, EA loves money, and want to attract the disappointed GTA V buyers consumers, et voilà, they get some of these stuff they love

I might have been overthinking it :lol:

I dunno. Right when I saw the cars and bikes GTA just came into my head.

I've never owned a Battlefield game, but I played the beta for BF4 and didn't like it. It felt really awkward and the vehicle controls were annoying.

If you expect me to buy this game, then you better implement some PROPER controls. Like L2/R2 for brakes/gas, NOT LEFT ANALOG STICK FOR EVERYTHING!

I've never owned a Battlefield game, but I played the beta for BF4 and didn't like it. It felt really awkward and the vehicle controls were annoying.

If you expect me to buy this game, then you better implement some PROPER controls. Like L2/R2 for brakes/gas, NOT LEFT ANALOG STICK FOR EVERYTHING!
You could change the settings to how you wanted and had the triggers as throttle and brake.

I can already tell this is gonna flop HARD!. No doubt there's gonna be a day or 2 of hype after release but its gonna flop. 1. It looks like a cross between BF3 and BF4. BF4 looks better than this game.
2. Whats the number 1 game people think about where there's heist and bank robbery..PAYDAY
3. Its EA trying to do something new but its not new and they're trying to sell the game on minuscule features..cash grab
4. Its just doesn't look appealing at all. It'll get stale after a couple days.

The only hype I see this game gaining is from PC elitist bragging about how Battlefield games always look AMAZING on they're rig, and this is just another game to prove it.

I can already tell this is gonna flop HARD!. No doubt there's gonna be a day or 2 of hype after release but its gonna flop. 1. It looks like a cross between BF3 and BF4. BF4 looks better than this game.
2. Whats the number 1 game people think about where there's heist and bank robbery..PAYDAY
3. Its EA trying to do something new but its not new and they're trying to sell the game on minuscule features..cash grab
4. Its just doesn't look appealing at all. It'll get stale after a couple days.

The only hype I see this game gaining is from PC elitist bragging about how Battlefield games always look AMAZING on they're rig, and this is just another game to prove it.

Seems like BF4 | BF3 Crossbreed with Payday and another game i cant think of. With just added street cars, and some different games O.o. they'll need to add DLC Though.

Back