Bayonetta 2

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 61 comments
1409871180-bayonetta-2-logo.png

Developor: Platinum Games, (Bee Tribe - Bayonetta 1 port)
Publisher: Nintendo
Game Type: 3rd-Person, Action
Game Modes: Single, 2 player online co-op
Release Date: US: Oct. 24, 2014 EU: Oct. 24, 2014 AUS: Oct. 25, 2014 JP: Sept. 20, 2014

Bayonetta 2 Teaser Trailer

Bayonetta_2.png

bayonetta_hellena_taylor_a.jpg

Hellena Taylor - Voice of Bayonetta​

Last edited:
Well the GC version of twin snakes hadn't appeared anywhere else so I suppose it's staying on WII.

Bayonetta 2 developers respond to criticism – “We hope that you will look forward to what we have in store”

Darkzero
Amid the growing anger in the gaming community towards Bayonetta’s Wii U exclusivity, the game’s developer Platinum Games has released a statement responding to fan fervor.

As with Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 is under development and production here at PlatinumGames, and is a true sequel to the acclaimed first game in the series. Bayonetta is one of our most beloved titles, and it played a large part in establishing PlatinumGames as an emerging game studio in the minds of users worldwide. Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of PlatinumGames.

- That being said, the console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place.

- Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Along with their new hardware, Nintendo, as a company, is dedicated to establishing a new future for the games industry, as you can tell by their record of passionate support for gaming. Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch. As developers, we are working hard to make this a reality.

We hope that you will look forward to what we have in store.
Tatsuya Minami – President & CEO, PlatinumGames Inc.”
In response to the bolded text - The reality is, PlatinumGames do not realize they've already alienated many of their Bayonetta fans. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what PlatinumGames can do with the Wii U outside of Project P-100.

Sidenote: Bayonetta in Super Smash Bros Wii U edition comes to mind.

Last edited:
Bayonetta 2 developers respond to criticism – “We hope that you will look forward to what we have in store”

In response to the bolded text - The reality is, PlatinumGames do not realize they've already alienated many of their Bayonetta fans. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what PlatinumGames can do with the Wii U outside of Project P-100.

Sidenote: Bayonetta in Super Smash Bros Wii U edition comes to mind.

No, the reality is if it weren't for Nintendo bankrolling the project in the first place it would still be in development/funding hell.

No, the reality is if it weren't for Nintendo bankrolling the project in the first place it would still be in development/funding hell.
That is reality as well. The 1st Bayonetta did not sell well enough for Sega on either of the other platforms for them to pick up the tab, so Nintendo stepped in, which is great for the franchise, development & Wii U.

It's not even that, really. Sega greenlit it and it started development before ultimately cancelling it because they simply doesn't have the money at the moment to fund it. If Nintendo didn't come forward and fund it's development (or if Microsoft/Sony didn't pass, because I'm sure it was shopped around), it wouldn't exist at all. The franchise would just be dead until Sega gets back on their feet.

Agreed, it would be good. Maybe this time around as sequel games tend to get more dev diary stuff - and as this is a Wii U launch, I think they'll be keen to get folks interested. I'm glad they're looking to utilise the contol pad completely.

That anime is gonna be SICK. And so will the game. One of the reasons I'll be getting a Wii U next year (and SMASH of course).

I need to replay the original, now.

Played Bayonetta to death on PS3. One of my all time favorites on the PS3 together with Vanquish. To bad this doesn't come to the other platforms. Love BayoNetTaaaaaaa 👍

Time for me to enjoy the first game before this one comes out, i have yet to open the box since bought it years ago... never got around to play it...

Back