Bayonetta 2

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 61 comments

fox-bayonetta-2.png

Last edited:
Thats the first print editions sold out, took 3 hours.:crazy:

(GAME UK's allocation)

That article keeps saying 'on the Wii U' as if they're trying so hard to make a point...maybe they're just trying to be cool...

Japan is Japan, let's see what the figures are like for the full release.

You must not have got the memo Elf, the Wii U sucks and as a result sucks the life out of all things nice in the world.
That article keeps saying 'on the Wii U' as if they're trying so hard to make a point...maybe they're just trying to be cool...

Japan is Japan, let's see what the figures are like for the full release.

Just finished playing the demo that went live today.

As someone who started playing Platinum games only recently with The Wonderful 101, I am both staggered and jaw-dropped at Bayonetta 2. It takes all of the stuff that was 'messy' with TW101 and cleans it up, adding some graphical flourish too...it looks like it's gonna be an outstanding achievement.

Don't get me wrong, in terms of setting/looks I think TW101 is still better but I'm hugely bias toward that game. But seriously, I can't sum up in words how well Bayo 2 feels. It is fantastic fun, and I cannot wait for October 24th now.

Oh, how I love having my Wii U. :D

Just finished playing the demo that went live today.

As someone who started playing Platinum games only recently with The Wonderful 101, I am both staggered and jaw-dropped at Bayonetta 2. It takes all of the stuff that was 'messy' with TW101 and cleans it up, adding some graphical flourish too...it looks like it's gonna be an outstanding achievement.

Don't get me wrong, in terms of setting/looks I think TW101 is still better but I'm hugely bias toward that game. But seriously, I can't sum up in words how well Bayo 2 feels. It is fantastic fun, and I cannot wait for October 24th now.

Oh, how I love having my Wii U. :D

Have you played the first one by chance? I don't have the Wii U yet, but definitely getting this game no matter what.

Have you played the first one by chance? I don't have the Wii U yet, but definitely getting this game no matter what.
I have not. I bought the bundle that includes both games though, so I can't wait!

I'm sure you get a free download code with the regular edition in the US!
..............................................why y'all tell me this my wallet is now scared :nervous:.

NA retail - Regular edition is 2 discs (1 & 2)
NA digital EShop - Free separate digital download of B1

Played B1 previously, great combat and enjoyable. Not a fan of the character designs (for me, this goes for most PG games though) or story of the 1st. 2 looks nice though.

Bayo2Splash.png

Last edited:
10432129_10204177531951222_6544565869261188288_n.jpg

Didn't expect such a high score. Now I'm even more excited.

Reviews:
Gamespot - 10/10
Destructoid - 10/10
Eurogamer Germany - 10/10
Joystiq - 10/10
Edge(yes, edge of all publications) - 10/10
GIAG - 10/10
Gameblog.fr - 10/10
FNintendo - 10/10
IGN - 9.5/10
Game Informer - 9/10

and from our famous feminist friends at Polygon we get this hilarious, quite ridiculous conclusion:
I won't guess why the blatant over-sexualization is still there, often more intensely than before. But it causes an otherwise great game to require a much bigger mental compromise to enjoy. - 7.5.

Y'know, I didn't buy a Wii U for Bayonetta 2. But if I did the purchase would have been justified.

So far this has been 🤬 incredible.

Just completed a 'Normal/2nd Climax' playthrough of Bayonetta, it took me 8 hours.

What can I say about this game that the majority of critics haven't already said? It's an absolutely staggering piece of gaming that just keeps throwing stuff at you. The finishing chapters of the game are some of the most intense stuff I have ever done in all my years of gaming. I feel like Normal was a lot easier for me since I had already played a ton of TW101, that being said, the game was still a big challenge and it's always fun going for high scores on chapters.

Overall, this really is a GOTY contender, I still think TW101 was better(in my opinion) but Bayo was very close the entire way.

As a result of that, with in mind that I gave TW101 a 9.7/10, Bayonetta 2 gets a 9.5/10 from me.

A must own title.

Back