Beater or Sleeper? GT6 Car of the Week Thread

@turismoslayer , the reason I listed the 3.0 litre engine, was in the dealership, the main page of the '03 G35 Sedan states the hp as 256. If you go into the Car Info section, 3rd paragraph, it says: "America got the upgraded 3.0 litre DOHC V6 that pumped out 256hp and 238.6 ft-lb of torque."

I agree the torque stats don't match up, but the other upgraded engines state more ponies than what we get. It could be a misprint or a mistake, but with the 256hp number, it led me to believe it was the 3.0 V6 versus the 3.5 which had 268hp.

Cheers

According to Wikipedia, the first G35 arrived on US shores as a 2003 model. There was no G25 or G30.

There was a 2.5L Skyline 250GT, with the option of 4WD!

Also just discovered the G20 in game weighs 1,210 kg while the Nissan Primera 2.0Te (same car) weighs 1,170 kg.

I don't think we got the 3.0L.

Wiki says "The third generation G (V35) was introduced to North America for the 2003 model year, as the G35... and continued in the same tradition as the Infiniti J30, which was also a RWD sedan utilizing the same powerplant as its contemporary Nissan Z model, the Nissan 350Z (Z33)."

Also..."For the 2003-04 model years, the V6 produced 194 kW (264 PS; 260 hp) and 353 N·m (260 lb·ft) of torque in the sedan."

Edit: Suzuka, you beat me to it.hahaha. We did get a G25 2011-2012.

1995InifinitiJ30.jpg

YEAH BUDDY!

Hey everybody... just in case, and totally unofficial from my end, the last normal car I saw MC with was an Accord Euro R '00 as I remember... the newer one had less pp because of weight. But you never heard it from me!

What do you mean EVERYBODY can read this??? It's not like it's on the net or something... wait!!!

Cheers

Ok folks, get yourselves ready as I'm announcing the car.

The car in question is in fact,

The Honda Accord Euro R '00 !!

Was picked by yours truly, I was looking at my first COTW pick for some inspiration which was the Acura CL types S which was powerful, but heavy.

Let's get racing !!

Lovely car, this. While I do prefer the K20A Type-R engine over the Prelude-sourced H22A, you can't go wrong either way. Glad you mentioned the Acura CL, as I wouldn't have thought to compare the two. I've thrown a few other cars in the mix as well.

2:32.103 - Acura CL 3.2 Type-S '03
2:32.168 - Acura Integra Type R '01
2:33.378 - Honda Accord Euro-R '00
2:33.471 - Honda Prelude Si VTEC '91
2:33.509 - Honda Accord Euro-R '02
2:33.534 - Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98
2:33.886 - Honda CR-X SiR '90

'00
2.2L
215 hp / 7,000 rpm
165 ft-lb / 6,500 rpm
1,330 kg
406 pp

'02
2.0L
215 hp / 8,000 rpm
152 ft-lb / 6,000 rpm
1,390 kg
397 pp

Strange that I couldn't widen the gap between these two cars by more than one measly tenth of a second considering the extra torque and lighter weight of the '00. Might give them another go in the morning as I haven't driven them in a while.

Last edited:
I tried and tried and tried, but I can't replicate, let alone beat, my previous time of 2:33.378 and in fact, I can't for the life of me get below a 2:33.967

Maybe it has something to do with update 1.09? Or I just can't get in the groove with this car this time around. The understeer is somewhat annoying if you come out of the corner full throttle without slamming into the apex perfectly.

Verdict? Sleeper, sort of. No doubt that it's got Type R blood coursing through its veins, and it's faster than the 90's Civics, as it should be for being a 21st century car, but I'd rather drive a Civic/Integra Type R or SiR any day of the week.

Last edited:
my computer is currently being reassembled, so I'll fix the thread tonight, possibly after the races.

This week's car is the '13 Bugatti Veyron. Personally, I think it handles just fine, but here's your chance to weigh in.

She's not fat!

Babe%20veyron.jpg

Last edited:
Well, this heavy mother goes 0-130mph in the same time most CoTW cars manage 0-30mph, so the tarmac soon runs out when you press the loud pedal. Think I remember people posting problems with golding the Veyron at Ascari license test. I thought it handled fine though, was turning it in and pinned the throttle which made it glide out of the corners nicely. I would only argue that high speed corners are an issue, when the rear wing pops out it can introduce a lot of understeer.

I shall see you all later! Good luck with your computer, Brad.

Can someone loan me 2 million credits? I might have to skip this one :(

Red bull standard championship, race softs, SRF on, job done. :D

Alternatively, a fast car at SSRX like the wind is a good choice. ;)

If you want money but with a enduro twist, 24Ms at the ring with a moderately powerful 4wd car on race softs. :P

As for the veryon? I'll get a write up on it done later, the hint I'll drop is that to expect a comparison to something in the aviation industry. :)

Two milestones have been reached today!!

1) I've driven over 10,000 miles on Suzuka Circuit! Whaaaaat?!?!?! Crazy! :D
2) The Bugatti Veyron is officially the fastest street-legal car I've tested so far!

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13
8.0L
986 hp / 6,000 rpm
923 ft-lb / 2,500 rpm
1,888 kg
639 pp

With a time of 2:07.158 it dethrones the McLaren F1 which is less than a tenth of a second slower.

McLaren F1 '94
6.0L
618 hp / 7,400 rpm
480 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
1,140 kg
606 pp

The Veyron hits a maximum of 180 mph on the circuit versus the F1's 174 mph.

Cockpit cam, anyone?

The Bugatti Veryon, the automotive version of Concorde.

If you wind the clocks back to when Top Gear first tested the Veryon, it was in the words of James May and Jeremy Clarkson, "a Concorde moment". It was a car capable of breaking the 400km/h barrier and still being easy to drive and luxurious.

Like Concorde, it raised the bar of what is technically possible
and in a few areas, the car and plane have some impressive innovations. :odd:

The tyres on Concorde were rated for 250mph and were backed up by the first carbon based brakes used on an airliner and anti-skid braking.

The plane was also powered by 4 turbojets, the Veryon had 4 turbos (:sly:) but only two engines joined together.

The Veryon had 10 radiators to keep the temperatures in check which was unheard of in a road car, it had a self adjusting rear wing depending on speed and settings. :drool:

One thing they really have in common is pure fuel consumption.:D
Flat out, the Veryon will drain it's huge fuel tank in 12 minutes but Concorde will drink a Veryons weight in fuel just taxiing to the runway. :eek:

In both cases, they weren't what you call profit makers. :lol:

Volkswagen lost money on every Veryon built and the 2 main airlines that bought Concordes were given government backed subsides.

Sadly, Concorde retired from service 11 years ago due to the general downturn in the aviation industry as well as the tragic accident back in 2000. :(

The Bugatti still roams the road either topless or in unique finishes or getting mistaken for a Lambo before crashing into a lake. :P:lol:

The future of the Veryon may or may not be going green but whatever happens, it still wants to be a luxurious speed demon breaking speed records and new ground.

Just like Concorde. ;)👍

I really can't call it a beater as it was never built to be a track car and I can't call it a sleeper either as its known all over the world to be a fast and sometimes visually beautiful/revolting car.

My verdict? A technological masterpiece.:D

Last edited:
Apparently the secret to keeping a hard drive from becoming corrupt is to take out those schmucks trying to muzzle in on your turf. After a week of drive-bys, assassination attempts, and a few million dollars vanishing, I'm back!

I wasn't able to pick a winner last week, so I'll just keep it simple and say that you, the GTPlanet members, are the winners. Previously I had received a request for one of the VGT cars, but on this update we got two. Therefore, this week's car shall be...

the 2014 Aston Martin DP-100...

images

and also the the 2014 Nissan Concept 2020!!!

_p3t0485.jpg

Considering the differences in DP, we'll have a couple of races for each on Tuesday. After a week I'm sure you'll realize why not every concept car should be built.

I'm curious to see how fast SuzukaStar can get that Aston around the circuit, but the Nissan isn't very appealing to me. Maybe I just prefer adjustable cars over the no-touch ones they push out last minute. They could've atleast listed the power and weight so we can compare against similar PP classed cars.

The best I can do with the Aston on SH tires (it comes stock with RH tires) is 2:02.120 so far.

I love that it's 4WD and doesn't oversteer at all. It handles a lot like a Veyron...

Edit: I'm giving up. I can be up to half a second ahead of my ghost at times, but I just can't hold onto it. It can do 2:02 all day long.

It's still 5 seconds faster than the Veyron and 3 seconds faster than the Ferrari FXX.

Aston Martin DP-100 VGT
6.0L
799 hp / 6,500 rpm
775 ft-lb / 2,000 rpm
1,375 kg
649 pp
Top speed at Suzuka: 184 mph

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how fast SuzukaStar can get that Aston around the circuit, but the Nissan isn't very appealing to me. Maybe I just prefer adjustable cars over the no-touch ones they push out last minute. They could've atleast listed the power and weight so we can compare against similar PP classed cars.
True it would be easier if they gave us the stats but by ranking the cars by power or weight in the garage, you can get a rough idea how much they weigh or power they make. :)

It's how fellow GTP'ers figured out the NSX and FT1's power and weight ratings. ;)

I've been hearing good things about these two cars, the Aston will the second most powerful car we've raced but quite possibly the fastest around a track as tested by @SuzukaStar for COTW.

The 2020 GTR also brings a few tricks to the party, it'll be the first Hybrid we've raced at COTW and according to the update 1.10 thread, a usable KERS like boost. :drool:

By the way, anyone notice that all the VGTs so far have been turbocharged? That's if you don't count the GT by Citroen as a VGT of course. :D

It'll be curious to see what'll power the Alfa VGT.

Loving the Aston, it feels like an Aston when you drive it in my honest opinion.
Nissan handles like a boat though, it should have come with funnels attached... :lol:
That's my verdict for this week.

A bit late to the party, but I was walking around Marble Arch in London yesterday and what did i see but a black Bugatti Veyron with silver top. Doing 10-20mph max :mischievous:

And it was the best looking vehicle doing 20mph I saw all day... :P

The 2020 GTR also brings a few tricks to the party, it'll be the first Hybrid we've raced at COTW and according to the update 1.10 thread, a usable KERS like boost. :drool:

I've only done 1 lap with this car in the seasonal event, but I hear that you can choose when to use the boost with the nitrous button outside of the seasonal, correct? If so, those that haven't mapped the nitrous button to their controller/wheel should do so before CoTW, I imagine it will be quite a big disadvantage without it.

I've only done 1 lap with this car in the seasonal event, but I hear that you can choose when to use the boost with the nitrous button outside of the seasonal, correct? If so, those that haven't mapped the nitrous button to their controller/wheel should do so before CoTW, I imagine it will be quite a big disadvantage without it.
Correct, as long as you keep some charge in the batteries you'll have access to the KERS and it's a noticeable kick.
Using KERS, I managed to hit the limiter in 7th on the back straight at the ring which is around 205mph.

Power I've estimated to be around 622hp with oil change.;)

Weight I haven't got an exact number but it's more than 1570kg but less than 1625kg. So while still quite heavy, it's lighter compared to the current GTR's.

I'm still adapting to how it drives but it can definitely get up and go out of the turns.

Back