Best Car For Drifting w/ Tuned Settings

• Thread starter Jager673
  • 59 comments
The G35 or should I say, the "Nissan Skyline" was a good drifter on GT4. How bout on GT5P?

There is no G35 (Skyline 350GT) in prologue, only a 4-door g35 and a G37 coupe. I imagine there will be one in the full game though, can't get enough nissans! :P

There is no G35 (Skyline 350GT) in prologue, only a 4-door g35 and a G37 coupe. I imagine there will be one in the full game though, can't get enough nissans! :P
Probably got mistaken for that Concept that's their. But it was a nice drift machine on GT4.

BTW, HP Tuned Cappucino somthing like that is a nice stock drifter.

I really like the 02 viper, if i get behind in a race or to far ahead I'll start drifting around and its a blast with the 02 viper.

i'm using 350z version s and the M3 stock with N2/N2 and for beginner my highest @ eiger with 350z was 60xx and 59xx with the M3. is that very bad or what?

I'm well aware of this thread being old; i really hope i'm not breaking the rules :(

I just wanted to know who else has a set-up they'd be willing to share?

I apologize again if *bumping* is against the rules. I just didn't see any specific thread inquiring such information - unless i overlooked it

cause i went squandering for some settings and couldn't find any :)

It is undoubtedly RWD, I remember reading an article on it. Also remember the orange 06' STI used by the Yuke's team, that too was converted to RWD. With the amount of customization going into these cars its not a big deal to disconnect the front driveshafts. Also I've seen a couple RWD R34's too.

Oh and obviously my favorite car to drift is the 350z and the Opera Z. I am DYING to play the full game, because my Volk GTS rims are in the game! :) They are the rims on the Tuned Evo X. I can't wait to buy a Z in the game and buy my rims to put on it, just hope they let you pick the rim color for each model. ALSO I really really hope they will have different offsets for different cars, If I buy my rims I expect to have the big sexy lip in the rear. If it comes with the offsets like on the Evo X I'll cry.

The Evo that is in D1gp team Orange i have a video on my favorites in youtube. They took the 4g63 engine and turned it inline instead of being side mounted like a stock/regular EVO has. Pretty sweet and it is no doube only RWD. Usually they just disconnect the drive-shafts to power only the rear wheels, but the high-end guys like D1gp, i believe they get custom adapter plates to fit RWD transmissions onto the engine, with custom drive-shafts etc. The way the Evo is set-up is sweet, with the engine moved back a bit the weight distribution looks sweet.

As far as fun tunned cars i LOVE the Blitz skyline...D1 approved for sure. I also like the Rx7, The Amuse s2000. Those are my favorites but a lot of cars are fun to drift. Experiment with them all once you get good and the hang of drifting to see how each car reacts differently. My personal preference for tires is N3 for higher hp cars and N2 for lower powered. N1 is just way too slippery, but defiantely easier to learn and get the hang of drifting since you have more time before the tires grip, and when they do it isn't so severe where you get snap-oversteer etc. Just practice and have fun. Also helps to watch other people drift video's, especially ones that show wheel usage for tips. :)👍

i use jaguar XK i just love the way it handles

hp - 330ish(10)
weight - 85
tires - N3 f/r

lowered 5mm f/r
turning angle - 43
asm - off
tcs - off
active steering - off

i also shortened gear ratios but i don't know exact numbers(i'm not at home at the moment)

Is there a specific track you have in mind? If not then the best I could say is the RX-7 or the F40.

My favorite is the Lotus Elise 111r /tuned on Eiger Nordwand :embarrassed:
Small tiny little car with low weight, who can perform long and tight drifts :)

I'm really liking the n ew skyline coupe that car drifts so well on stock settings im gonan start working on a tune for it today

I was using the Viper SRT10 stock on S2's a while back. But i was a complete drift noob.

Now i like the Tuned Elise.
So light and flickable.

i started off with the tuned cappy then made my up to the 350z. drift them on n1s. work your way up. Start off with low power. it made the transition much easier for me.

i started on n1s cause it forces u to adjust alot more but then again it is a matter of preference. n1s in my view teach u to control the car alot more so when u do go over to the n3s u will bable to handle the car wit alot more confidence.

hello to all I am new to this forum as you see but i was searching for tips on drifting settings, as Im having trouble improving on some corners..
I started with a clio v6, Im in the ranking as 53 or something in the eiger nordward track (the reversed direction one),,,im drifting with a ps3 controller without a driving wheel at the moment.

is anyone willing to give some tips on setup?
thanks a lot! ill post mine if anyone asks me so maybe we can work as a team use different setups and see which one is the best..
take care all and good luck! :)

i am ussaly confined to off line gran trismo raceing i have had the best results with drifting by working my self up with increasingly difficult FR engine cars the best starter car is the Ahem S2000 with this car i have perfected the suspension by sightly increasing the rebound of the shocks and instaling a 5sp close ratio transmission

Well, i usually use the Nissan Skyline Spec-V Nur '02 car(Premium), you ccan find it in the dealerships.

So, all i did was buy weight reduction 1&2, carboon colour hood, all the intake except for the sports racing filter, an ecu chip, the titanium racing exhaust and the other two(i don't remeber), high RPM turbo, semi-racing flywheel, dual plate clutch, carbon driveshaft, the thing to change the power of the car to each axle, and comfort hard tires.

Left the suspension and transmission stock. No extra aerodynamics added,(add it if you want). So I tried out these settings at the Fuji Speedway F. Also I used the Logitech Driving Force Wheel to drift, and MANUAL transmission. This car may need occasional handbraking to get the car sliding sometimes but once it is in a drift, it is easy to control compared to my RE Amemiya RX-7, AEM S2000, my Silvia RM, my Z34(370Z),my GTR Spec-V, Blitz Er34 D1(Standard), Blitz Er34(Premium), Ferrari Scuderia, and G37(NOT THE INFINITY ONE, ITS THE AMERICAN ONE).

This Skyline is easier to drift on the racing wheel than on the controller.

I never knew you could modify your cars in GT5:P.....

You're in the wrong section, mate.

And this thread is about drifting in GT5:P, not GT5. There is a Drifting section in the GT5 section.

It all depends on the cars acceleration and power. If you have a high power car (such as the viper) with poor shift speed, you will lose your drift. If you have a low power car but quick smooth shifting you will find drifts much better. You can make whatever car candle whatever way you want it to. If you add me on PSN I can tell you everything you need to know about drift set ups for your car. When you figure out set ups that a lot of other people miss (one huge change you can see just by looking at their car) and you can out drift them or hold your line longer, they will begin to ask you for your tune. Since I'm the Captain of my team, they always ask me for a tune or they just send me their car. With that being said, I desided to make a book of tunes haha. Good luck and happy drifting. If you want some help or tips, please add me on PSN and i will help every way I can :)

M3 is pretty good for drifting, i just got rank 5 with mine on pro suzuka east drift trial.

N1/N1 is generally better as it keeps the car more balanced. Basically best thing to do is take a car like the M3, put on some N1 tires on both sides, see what you can do. If you don't like the car because its quite heavy, try an RX7 with around max power instead still N1/N1.

N2/N1 doesn't really make much difference.
I tryed the M3 drift on Autumn ring, The car was felt heavy,just didn't feel right to me,I am a GTR guy at heart,so maybe why.

Back