Best drag car

• Thread starter Jidery
  • 96 comments
Cuda, Charger super bee and Cobra :D

suprizingly no the best is the 70'chevell the cobra (ur right on that one) and 64 tempest lemenz GTO have the highest p/w ratio and the best 1/4 mile speed cars speeds in this order 141(chevell) 156(cobra) 144(GTO)

What racing you doing?? Is it actual strict drag racing of 1/4 mile or more street racing where the distance can be longer or shorter??

Some cars might be better suited to short drags, other to longer drags i.e. some cars are so powerful, you cannot apply full throttle until maybe 2nd / 3rd / or even 4th gear, especially if you are 'street racing' on sports tyres. What tyres are you using, what level of tuning is allowed?

Also, other things to consider is your launch technique, on very powerful cars you need optimum revs for a good or perfect launch, otherwise a lesser car driven by a better driver may beat you.

Without specific details, I'd guess the folllowing:

Road cars:

Veyron
Audi Le mans concept / R8
Lamborghini Gallardo 560 / Mucialago 670SV
Viper ACR '08
Ford GT
Maclaren F1
Ferrari Enzo
Amuse GT1 turbo
Camaro trans cammer
Corvette ZR1
TommyKaira ZZII
R35gtr V Spec

Just fully modify any of these. There's too many to list really, providing more details will help make it easier to be specific

Race cars:

Any 'Le Mans' cars really, Minolta Toyota is a prize car, it's free, why not use that
Escudo suzuki
Formula Gran Turismo
Ferrari F2007 / 2010
Redbull X1
Yeah cause everybody actually drives CAMARO TRANS CAMMERS?!?!?

What racing you doing?? Is it actual strict drag racing of 1/4 mile or more street racing where the distance can be longer or shorter??

Some cars might be better suited to short drags, other to longer drags i.e. some cars are so powerful, you cannot apply full throttle until maybe 2nd / 3rd / or even 4th gear, especially if you are 'street racing' on sports tyres. What tyres are you using, what level of tuning is allowed?

Also, other things to consider is your launch technique, on very powerful cars you need optimum revs for a good or perfect launch, otherwise a lesser car driven by a better driver may beat you.

Without specific details, I'd guess the folllowing:

Road cars:

Veyron
Audi Le mans concept / R8
Lamborghini Gallardo 560 / Mucialago 670SV
Viper ACR '08
Ford GT
Maclaren F1
Ferrari Enzo
Amuse GT1 turbo
Camaro trans cammer
Corvette ZR1
TommyKaira ZZII
R35gtr V Spec

Just fully modify any of these. There's too many to list really, providing more details will help make it easier to be specific

Race cars:

Any 'Le Mans' cars really, Minolta Toyota is a prize car, it's free, why not use that
Escudo suzuki
Formula Gran Turismo
Ferrari F2007 / 2010
Redbull X1

What the hell is a Camaro Trans Cammer?
I've heard of a Mustang Trans-Cammer, but not that.

Let me start by saying I don't really run tunnel...

but from MY experience

Indy 1/4mile (30meters short of real 1/4mile)
or
Fuji 1/4mile from just IN FRONT of the shadow to the shadow after the finish line (about 7-5metter longer than real 1/4mile)

at the shorter indy track the AWD will have the advantage, the longer fuji track the rwd will have a better chance of catching up.

Audi Lemans
ACR Viper
Ferrari Enzo
Nissan GTR 09
Ford GT 05 No stripe

and if you get in a x1, fgt, or veyron you don't even get a warning in my room you get a kick.

Any respectable drag room with a good host will give you the boot.

+100, everybody thinking a veyron will get beatin in the 1\4 and the tunnel need to re-think.

And all those people were dropped as a child. I mean, cmon, it has over 200 more hp than the next car (ACR) AND its AWD. Even a Formula will lose to this thing...

Even to 100mph, the X1 has trouble keeping up with some Veyrons and that's not stupid talk either. After that the X1 has it in spades but the AWD of the Veyron allows it to have a launch that rivals an X1.

hmm......all depends on what type of drag your talking about, seeing as i do 1/4 mile at indy

I'd say the best "real world" cars for Indy are

Viper ACR
R35 Spec-V (probable the hardest launching 0-60 car in the game)
TommyKaira ZZII
Ferrari Enzo
Audi Lemans
Ford GT

From personal experience the ONLY cars that can beat my GT-R from 0-60 is another R35.... I'm dead even with Enzo's, Ford GT's, Speed 12 and Veyrons (yes tuned ones) by the 100-110 mph mark, after that I'm eaten due the GT-R's lack of power :(

Last edited:
Even to 100mph, the X1 has trouble keeping up with some Veyrons and that's not stupid talk either. After that the X1 has it in spades but the AWD of the Veyron allows it to have a launch that rivals an X1.

The GT-R Spec-V can outgun the X1 and Veryon to 0-60 if geared perfectly lmao

hmm......all depends on what type of drag your talking about, seeing as i do 1/4 mile at indy

I'd say the best "real world" cars for Indy are

Viper ACR
R35 Spec-V (probable the hardest launching 0-60 car in the game)
TommyKaira ZZII
Ferrari Enzo
Audi Lemans
Ford GT

From personal experience the ONLY cars that can beat my GT-R from 0-60 is another R35.... I'm dead even with Enzo's, Ford GT's, Speed 12 and Veyrons (yes tuned ones) by the 100-110 mph mark, after that I'm eaten due the GT-R's lack of power :(

ACR, Le Mans and Enzo are all perfectly capable of beating a GT-R...

I dunno about a Veyron, that thing will hit 60 faster then you can blink :lol:

:lol: Oh wait, you're being serious here........

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

The day I see an R35 at any stage beat my Veyron is the day I stop playing GT5. :cool: The ONLY way you're even going to keep close is by jumping the start. :P

Funny eh? What's even funnier is that you believe that the dreary sleep-inducing pile of boredom that is the R35 can keep up with a 4WD, 1256hp Veyron with a very well tuned gearbox! In fact, even with my old, slow gearbox from my first Veyron 'tune' can thrash the pants off a R35 off the line.

Go into lobbys where they let you use veyron and then beat people with veyron. If they DONT let you use veyron use GTR. ;)

my GT-R beat a veyron

Maybe a Stock Veyron that has engine limiter to 75%, 200KG ballast in front and on Comfort hard tires.... racing in reverse. But DEFIANTLY not a tuned one.

Back