Votes: 100 31.3%
  • Gran Turismo 3

Votes: 47 14.7%
  • Gran Turismo 4

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
that intro of GT2 is that the NTSC because i had GT2 until it die due to me playing it too much :'( & i do remember it have favorite game not moon over the castle

GT1 is my fave intro. :dopey:

I really love the Chemical Brothers remake for the song, which at the time I first bought GT1 I had never heard before (I have N. american NTSC version obviously). I also think the intro movie itself is very effective and gets you psyched to play the game, even though the graphics aren't so smooth. I especially dig the way the intro builds a bit of tension...the screen goes from scenes inside the car shop and empty track to the racing scenes complete with drifting RX7s, Supras, etc.

In 2nd place for me is GT2. The Cardigans song is a bit of a downer (it's kinda sad as it keeps going on about losing and stuff) but the footage is awesome...especially all the early-time shots with Jim Clark wiping out his Grand Prix racer and stuff. Both the GT1 & GT2 intros give me shivers to this day. :D

GT3? Great graphics obviously. And then the movie starts showing the inside of the engine as the cams and pistons do their work. The Supra rolls onto the tarmac 👍...but Lenny Kravitz???? Ugh. The racing replays are exciting and the editing is great to watch, but the whole production feels too slick and Ihear that damn song on the radio almost every day at work. :yuck::grumpy:

GT4 is my least favorite as it turns out. I love the beginning with the opera music and the GT40. It's over the top, of course, but it builds to a point. You'd think that "point" would be something fresh and original like you see in GT1's intro...

...then Van Halen's "PANAMA" kicks in!! :mad::yuck::ill:👎 Ugh....

Simply unwatchable. 👎 I've only sat thru the entire GT4 intro once and once exactly...:indiff: And don't get me wrong. I like Van Halen. But it totally destroys the mood of the intro by replacing a song I've never heard before and then introducing a song we've all heard a trillion times. :yuck: It seems wrong...as though the folks at Polyphony Digital really wanted to pander to the masses. 👎

Last edited:
I loved GT4's intro, very classy and beautiful...

With the Moon over the Castle Opera Version playing and the Gran Turismo Association flags waving it really does stir the soul...

I wish the whole intro had been done to a full length version of the opera, I would give anything to have a full length version of that! (not the rock bit).

but oh no!:ouch:

.... Thankyou Sony UK for the most tacky musical transition ever... Kasabians Reason is Treason is not a song to follow opera under any circumstances! :yuck::grumpy:

Robin

I loved GT4's intro, very classy and beautiful...

With the Moon over the Castle Opera Version playing and the Gran Turismo Association flags waving it really does stir the soul...

I wish the whole intro had been done to a full length version of the opera, I would give anything to have a full length version of that! (not the rock bit).

I totally agree.

Just in case anyone needs to see an intro they've never seen before, go to the first page of this thread...post #16.

Last edited:
Gt4 simply because it was the greatest in graphics..

Soundtrack wise; it would have been nice if they haven't cutoff moon over the castle during half point and adding in something i found completely taboo. I played the Chinese version and the intro is Moon over the Castle completely so i love that.

GT2; JPN was okay, the NA (which i have), didn't like the visual, loved the audio.

GT3; graphics definetely a good, not the best soundtrack

GT1;

i completely forgot about, it's as if it had never existed its out of my memory like for good

Edit; 1 minute after reading a certain post sparked my memory.

GT1 is definitely a Good one, better than GT3 sadly enough. Graphics-wise, absoloutely Not, but I love the idea of it considering the fact it was still a PS1. I was impressed since they had the Racing/Drift selection style, I was able to see Ai's tackle corners by drifting, that was kinda cool.

But I like ALL Gran Turismo Intro's because they weren't CGI (except for GT4). IT was All Gameplay Graphics which shows off the game designers' confidence in their work. Yes definitely CGI is a must in a lot of games. I'd be amazed to see "a" GT game have Complete CGI Intro. I already Know GT5 has some CGI in it, because it was sure as heck that it wasn't Gameplay Graphics...

Gran Turismo 4 is the best intro my book.
but all intros totally rock GT intros are so cool everytime im gonna play the game i dont skip the intro i just let it play and enjoy it again and again and again.

GT4. The Ford GT , especially with the New York lights reflecting off it at night, blew my mind. It also has the best soundtrack, "Moon Over the Castle" transitioning into "Panama" by Van Halen.
Rock on.

What? On PAL it only transitions to Reason Is Treason, I voted for GT4 anyway.

GT4 definitely. It's just amazing the way it starts so soft and then breaks into Panama when the cars shoot out of the pits. My heart rate rises every time I see it.👍

:-)

For me I prefer them in this order using PAL versions ...

GT3 with Feeder 👍👍👍
GT2 with The Cardigans 👍👍
GT1 with Manics / Chemical Bros 👍
GT4 with Kasabien 👎

Looking forward to hearing GT5's soundtrack and see if it's as fitting as 3 of the previous 4 intro's :cool:

For me, the intro in GT1, and GT2 were fantastic, but the intro's got worse at the series expanded. In my view

1) GT1
2) GT2
3) GT3
4) GT4 < (Anyone want to know what I think about this intro ask me over PM because I can't be polite about this, sorry!)

What? On PAL it only transitions to Reason Is Treason, I voted for GT4 anyway.

PAL version is different from NTSC. Consider yourself lucky. :)

4) GT4 < (Anyone want to know what I think about this intro ask me over PM because I can't be polite about this, sorry!)

Why not tell us here? I certainly wasn't polite when i bashed Lenny and Van Halen! :lol:

Bah. GT2 US.

I love that song... And I have absobloodylutely no idea why.

It's got a nice beat to it, and it's not so abslobloodylutely overexposed that we hear it on the radio every day. It is a bit sad though. If I were in charge of searching out a tune for that intro, I would have found a more upbeat tune; one that gets my adrenaline going. :dopey:

Last edited:
I like the bird (feathered flying creature) in the [size=+1]GT1[/size] intro. Everything is so quiet and peaceful... For now...

In order:
1) GT2-Awesone song, great vid.
2) GT1-I remember this one always getting me going as a kid, not QUITE as good of a song, though.
3)GT3-The video looked a bit better than the previous 2 versions and I liked the part where it was moving through the engine of the Supra, but the music kinda killed it for me.
4)GT4-Video up to par with the other GT's, but it doesn't really strive to be better than the last one, like the others. That, and for some reason, "Moon Over the Castle" doesn't really agree with my ears. And no, "Panama" doesn't fit, either.

I find Lenny Kravitz to be one of the most overrated and least talented musicians of our time. But you gotta hand it to GT3 to actually make his rather bleh song come out great. The intro with the "is it a game, or a movie" style was very nicely done (much better than just using the "obviously not gameplay footage" style used by GT4 and GT2), and the syncing used was done far better then GT4 was (especially the intro with Moon Over Castle instead of Panama).
Don't get me wrong, Van Halen is awesome (and used even better than Kravitz was, despite doing a similar theme), and the song used is used to great effect (the cars peeling out of the pits). But the actual effect conveyed dulls itself due to the timing, I think, and the fact that immediately after starting it is all faked.
So, GT2 wins.

GT1 NA by far, best intro for any game ive ever seen ever. I still get shivers when those two letters form together.

It is follwed by GT4 Japanese with Moon over the Castle on guitar.

All 3 GT2 intros and GT3 NA are also quite good. Ive never seen the Japanese GT1 intro though.

I voted for GT4, the lights reflecting off of the GT, which just so happens to be one of my favourite cars of all time, just blew me away, i never knew games could look that good until i saw it.

So yeah, there you go ;)

GT1 NA by far, best intro for any game ive ever seen ever. I still get shivers when those two letters form together.

Yup, me too!

I find Lenny Kravitz to be one of the most overrated and least talented musicians of our time.

I know. His first major commercial album (Let Love Rule) was absolutely brilliant, I'm not sure where his songwriting skills went :ill:. Nowadays, he literally relies on his looks and the sound of his voice to sell albums.

But you gotta hand it to GT3 to actually make his rather bleh song come out great. The intro with the "is it a game, or a movie" style was very nicely done (much better than just using the "obviously not gameplay footage" style used by GT4 and GT2),

Very true. As much as I hate the song, PD did a good job getting it to fit with the movie. You're right.

and the syncing used was done far better then GT4 was (especially the intro with Moon Over Castle instead of Panama).
Don't get me wrong, Van Halen is awesome (and used even better than Kravitz was, despite doing a similar theme), and the song used is used to great effect (the cars peeling out of the pits). But the actual effect conveyed dulls itself due to the timing, I think, and the fact that immediately after starting it is all faked.
So, GT2 wins.

At least the Lenny song is a remix...the Van Halen song is one I've heard at least several thousand times by now, thanks to the fact that I work with a few butt-rockers. :indiff:

Last edited:
GT1 got my vote.Back in the days that was a bomb-intro. The starting of the race is IMO the best piece about the intro. But the GT4 intro is the only one that literally brings a tear to my eye. The chorus is the most magnificent part about the intro in there.

Latest Posts

Back