Votes: 100 31.3%
  • Gran Turismo 3

Votes: 47 14.7%
  • Gran Turismo 4

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
I absolutely love GT2's intro! The bits of the real races at the beginning and the song are what I love so much about it. After that, I'd say GT1's intro is best because there is sort of an aura of suspense, and the music and video sync together so well. After that, GT4's has opera, but not much else. Finally, GT3's is the worst (relatively speaking), mostly because I just don't like the way GT3's graphics look.

GT4: Well, Panama is quite a departure, and the cars sound like nothing in the game.

That does not mean that I did not vote for it, though.

GT1 and 2 came close, GT2 containing some old footage and interesting varieties in differing versions of the game, and GT1 was groundbreaking with the technology used.

GT3 was a tad unremarkable with Lenny Kravitz, though, in my opinion.

I voted for Gran Turismo 1 simply because it was authentic, it was the original and it was simply the most mind-blowing intro I'd ever seen in the history of gaming (and I've been gaming for decades).

GT2 was awesome, the Cardigans brought that intro to life... BUT... without the soundtrack is the intro as good as GT1? And if I'm not mistaken wasn't the intro 'lifted' from the PS2? You can clearly see the intro isn't PSX-based and as far as I know, the intro was actually done on a PS2 dev-kit and the video plonked on the disc.

GT3... hmmmm it didn't really get me. Too clean, too crisp and too clinical. No emotions there at all.

GT Concept.. Now that was a stunning piece of rendition. I'd never seen a Mercedes done in such detail before. It truly was a work of art, pity the rest of it was so plain (no pun intended).

GT4: Didn't like it. GT4P was a better intro in my opinion (loved the moving crowds).

GT5P... ohhh I was flabbergasted at GT5P. Unbelievable detail, stunning rendition, but the soundtrack was waaay too predictable and after years of having these soundtracks on intros, I think it's time PD moved onto something else. No more grunge please.

Apart from that though, GT5P comes a very close second to the original. The art and direction of Prologue is masterful, but I still watch the intro to GT1 on occaision and it still gets me, even to this very day.

:)

GT3 with Feeder's Just A Day. Massive Feeder fan, my favourite song of theirs, and a great game. Couldn't be better.

Edit: I have to point out that I'm in the UK, obviously the US version had Lenny Kravitz and not Feeder - I feel for you!

Link to PAL intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZR7LNJqg8

Incidentally, the GT3 version of the song isn't the proper track either, it's an alternate version.

The lead in to the actual racing clips in GT3 is simply amazing! How much cooler can you get than a tour through a working engine? I also love that it's so understated. It shows the sheer mechanical beauty of an internal combustion engine; and the quiet chord that hits when the pistons hit their power stroke...awesome! Having only played the U.S. version, nothing sounds right to me but Lenny Kravitz, but its that opening animation that clenches it for me.

GT2 for me.., I like the music from The Cardigans.., i think they had a music video on that, it was aired in some music channel (Channel V i think).., rockin'!! i didn't like GT4's intro that much, the music was kind of, old school, you know what I mean :yuck::D GT1's intro is also very nice, it's because it is the original 👍..,

The only three things that I don't like about gt4 is that there is no car damage and that the cars understeer in an un-realistic way. If they improved those before they started selling the game it would be awesome I know gt5 has those problems fixed but the price of ps3's are over-priced *I think and I don't have enough spare money to buy one. But other than that it's awesome and my favorite!!!
i didn't like GT4's intro that much, the music was kind of, old school, you know what I mean :yuck::D GT1's intro is also very nice, it's because it is the original 👍..,
I agree thats the other thing I don't like about gt4 is the music selection. The NEED FOR SPEED games have better music in my opinion.

Definitely the PAL GT3 opening with Feeder, superb song Just A Day. The movie's not bad either.

I hate alternative rock, so I'll take Lenny Kravitz, who is merely bland, over Feeder, who are awful. On the other hand. "Panama" is awesome and the intro video itself was great in GT4, so GT4 gets my pick.

Since PD are making a big deal over having Ferrari in the game, I say "King in Crimson" by Bruce Dickinson would be a perfect intro song for GT5. Hearing those wall-of-razors guitar riffs while a red 599 GTB shoots by would be incredible.

"Arise, awake, the king in crimson comes!"

As for Van Halen being too "old-school", I don't think popular music (outside of heavy metal) has created anything worth listening to since the mid-'80s. Alternative ruined rock and roll forever. I ended up disabling the in-race music entirely because there were only a few decent songs in the whole GT4 soundtrack ("Panama" being one of them, "Free Wheel Burning" being another).

I would have preferred Sammy Hagar's "I can't Drive 55" for the GT4 intro than Panama, even though I like Panama more. At least Hagar's tune is on-topic (it's about driving instead of a dude getting his knob polished).

Last edited:
:confused:I dont know which 1 2 choose.........either gt2 or gt4!!!!!!:banghead:,coz gt2 shows the history of racing and gt4 has better graPHICS than gt2 ..........:guilty:

NOTE:the 2 GT intros r japanese versions....;)

GT1's intro caused me to have a dream about the Nismo GT-R LM Road Car (called that in GT3; LM Road Going Version '95 in GT4) in early 2004 (the car in the GT1 intro is seen in a garage before the door slowly closes). This dream got me to do something I stupidly forgot to do in the '90s (get a PlayStation on my birthday), but managed to pull off in 2004: get a PlayStation 2 as a graduation present. I got GT4 on my 19th birthday, though.

But then again, GT4's intro is the best all-around, hands down.

I love the intro for GT3(only the part where its inside the Supra's engine). This is kind of off topic, but when I heard about Gran Turismo 4 Concept, I went on to ebay to see how much they sell for and I found one dirt cheep fron Japan. But it says its format is NTSC:JAPAN. I live in Florida(U.S) and have a PS2, but was wondering if that format was compatible with my PS2? I don't want to buy a game just to have it laying around and not be compatible with my PS2.:ouch: Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

i went from GT2, straight to GT4, so when i saw the lights bounce off the ford gt's gloss paint, my jaw hit the floor!

GT4 is the best of the three, with it's awesome Ford GT centered bits, and then the pit lane exit just makes it for me. the rest is...well...Panama...

there hasn't bee a perfect GT intro yet. in GT4, they got it half right, in GT3, with was a third right. GT2 was good for the retro race bits, and some of the clips. GT1 was..well...GT1. it was awesome. what else can i say? hehe.

If they took the beginning of GT3 (changed for a GT engine bay and lid), overlapped it into the place where they're doing the Spin-around of the GT, then cued the opera's crescendo as the pitsons hit the powerstroke, and zoom out to the car pulling in for tires, then had the pit lane exit, I'd have the perfect intro, myself. They'd have to do the flag shot and the marshals walk in there too somewhere, but that's a technicality.

As for the music...I crank it down, and use my Stereo's gameport to listen to my own...which happens to be rap.

my vote goes to gt2...

...probably because i so used to it, but even now listening to the song it really sticks... ...i mean it really makes sense when you think about it...

...but thats not to say that the others were :crazy:...

i realy liked how gt3 started by showing inside the engine, just didnt like the song...

in the first i liked how it showed the race track before the race, pure nostalgia...

now in the forth it becomes a little too artistic for my taste, however i liked the background changing ( and showing which car was fovourited...), i also liked that the song turned to rock from symponic...

Soundtracks:My Favourite Game-The Cardigans."Reason Is Treason"by Kasabian(GT4 europe version) sounds well too.
Intro:
1st:Gran Turismo 2
2nd:Gran Turismo 4
3rd:Gran Turismo 1
4th:Gran Turismo 3

GT3 I can feel with Lenny Kravitz, but that's really the only reason, it's nothing special past that. GT4 was alright, good switch up. Pretty artsy. GT1 was amazing for the system, great intro, but I think they all pale in comparison to GT2, which was the most complete, including more than just game footage 👍

1:gt4.
2:gt2.
3:gt1.
4:gt3.

I like your straightforward answer! :) 1 2 3 4 There you go. No screwin around. Almost sounds like Boomhauer could have said it. Wait, i forget...who's the KOTHill guy in your avatar?

GT2. I don't know why. It just seemed great. probably because it made it seem like The people who made the game shared the same passion of cars as I did. Also the made it in a way that made it come alive when the scenery went from black and white to color. If GT5 (Japanesse intro) was up the I would have choose that because it made me feel proud:sly::) to be a Gran Turismo enthusist seeing the game make it all this way. How they survive the brutal racing game competition.:( JUst amazng.

I like your straightforward answer! :) 1 2 3 4 There you go. No screwin around. Almost sounds like Boomhauer could have said it. Wait, i forget...who's the KOTHill guy in your avatar?

It's not 1,2,3,4 that I voted,it's 4,2,1,3.:)
The KOTHill guy is Dale Gribble.

Wanted to have a bit of fun with this and since Search didn't turn up anything remotely similar to this, I ask, what is your favorite GT Intro?

I would turn it into a poll, but they always seem to defeat the purpose as I'd might as well PM every last one of ya'. :dunce:

In any case I'd say my personal favorite is GT3.

PAL GT3 intro is my number 1, then there's the Japanese GT5P intro, and the NTSC GT4 intro.

I'd say GT3.

GT2's intro was very good. Loved the music and the history bit at the beginning was great. Looking back though, GT3's was just amazing... I remember the first time I saw it. I was just stunned. Love how it starts all slow and in the dark and then the Supra gets ready to leave the garage as the music (Are You Gonna Go My Way, NA version) beats up. Then we see the Supra in real time graphics and it's just like wow... The rest of the vid is pretty much 3-4 minutes of awesomeness, especially when you think of how amazing the game looked back in 2001.

GT5P's was decent, but I think GT5 will completely blow it out of the water. I'm expecting a pretty good one.

Back