Best NASCAR setup for Daytona

• Thread starter impulse999
  • 208 comments
I doubt you will get 40 laps with hards, there most likely running soft tires as they do last longer and with a proper setup pre 2.0 ppl could make 50+.

I doubt you will get 40 laps with hards, there most likely running soft tires as they do last longer and with a proper setup pre 2.0 ppl could make 50+.
Why pre 2.0? Isn't it possible anymore? Have to try it........

its possible but with low draft settings you have to be on gas more to keep the draft, this I see effect 2 things, fuel because you cant let off as long with strong draft. And more on the pedal means higher cornering speed which effects tire wear. Pre 2.0 my record is 57 on one set of tires and can still manage that or close if draft settings strong. But when on weak that same setup gets 46 or 47 laps. Its a royal pain, I prefer the strong draft but I still race with either setting.

It's noticeably different now with weak draft. I use to be able to break 50 laps on a tank. Now I cant. And if I did pit, which was usually safer then trying to not pit, I only took 10 liters to get in and out of the pits. Too bad my first 2.0 race with weak draft, I ran out of gas. I felt retarted till I figured out what was wrong. Everyone thought the physics drastically changed but that draft setting was the culprit. Normally I run sprints nowadays.

Its quite easy. First make sure your car has 892 hp (oil change will already increase to 865).
Then you should study the transmision and the suspension.
In transmision you can make the cars acceleration better. (max speed should be 250)
In suspension you can make the car turn better by putting an oversteer setup.

These setups will make the car a lot faster and easier to handle, you will have more fun when you understand the effect of suspension and transmision and when you know how it effects the car.

Im not going to details but if you want to know more, add an account: Darkx2Mario or Tyson250G4mer

Phew, finally completed Nascar Series Daytona A Spec....but nearly had a heart attack when the game froze on me and I had to restart O.o

Sorry for being late with this, but here is the settings that I got from another thread in these forums...NOTE: the settings are formatted like this --> **Tuning Option** -- Value for Front/Value for Rear ....here it goes...

First, Get into your NASCAR of choice, and go buy the Chassis Stiffing Bars for the car. It is a one time purchase (and the only purchase aside from oil that you can make for these cars). NOTE, this feature CANNOT be turned off, but is worth the money when driving the car. NEXT...go tune the beast...

In Suspension:
Ride Height -- +15/+15
Spring Rate -- 18.5/18.5
Dampers (Ext.) -- 8/4
Dampers (Comp.) -- 8/4
Sway Bars -- 4/4

Camber -- 3.0/3.0
Toe -- 0.0/0.20

======================

In Drivetrain>Limited Slip Differential:
Initial Torque -- 60
Acceleration Sensitivity -- 60
Braking Sensitivity --15

======================

In Body/Chassis:
Downforce -- 20/40 NOTE: This is the minimum setting for Downforce on the NASCARs...trust me when I say it, "You will notice a wobbly handling, but it is well worth it to learn how to control your car at this setting....and I use the regular old controller to race and am fairly good at it"

======================

In Driving Options (the "tuning knob" in the Racing/Event Lobby)
Turn off ALL, and yes, I do absolutely mean ALL Driving Enhancements

Tires -- Racing Soft
ABS -- Set to Zero

======================

I hope these settings work for you like they worked for me...happy racing, and hope to see you out on the track...BTW, my username and Play Station 3 ID are the same...

alone 215 in the draft 235

I hit 221mph solo, 222mph if I run the highline. And I've gotten upwards of 235mph. With a strong slipstream I've gotten upwards of 250ish and with a lag bump 265mph. :)

Have to say this is easily the worst part of an other wise great game. Why include a race which relies more on luck than skill. Honestly, what's next? Monster Truck racing? Give me a break!

Lowering ur car some helps and also tuning ur gears and also using the analog stick helps barly don't push it all the way to the right push it as far as u need to this fixes the advantage of a steering wheel

Have to say this is easily the worst part of an other wise great game. Why include a race which relies more on luck than skill. Honestly, what's next? Monster Truck racing? Give me a break!

Luck... Lol. Go into a competitive room. See if you can win a single race. Keep track of the people who consistently win. Enjoy your 'luck' in the back of the pack.

Come on into one of my NASCAR rooms and we'll see how far your luck takes you. I bet you don't even make it out of turn 2. Luck my ass.

Wow,yeah that and drifting. Nascar is the closest Motorsport of them all.What part of luck do I seem to be missing here? Come into any of my rooms and bring your luck you will need it.👎

stuartb1234

A "member" since 2010 who has 1 post. He's trolling.

aero 40 50
MPH 242
Diff 15 15 15
height +8mm +8mm
springs13.0 10.0
front shocks 6 6
rear shocks 5 5
roll 3 3
camber -3.5 -2.0
toe 0.10 0.30
brakes 6 4

Great all round NASCAR tune. Especially good for B spec Grand valley and Laguna Seca. If you want to tweak for Daytona: min aero, shocks all set to 4, front toe 0, ride +9mm and +5mm, camber -2.7 -2.7.

I was fooling around a bit on the Extreme Series race, happy when I even reached the 10th spot, but with this tip I came in first, after the first run! So many thanks for this tip!

I don't know what kinda lap times y'all are running solo but I have a setup that'll run consistent 42.4's solo around daytona. My best with it right now is 42.433 if anyone wants it.

LOL, those are offline times, tell you what, go in a online lobby. Throw real grip, weak draft, tire wear on normal and run 3 laps, then same with very fast tire wear. Post that video! We aint talking offline times here.

I haven't seen her in awhile, I've been racing Inside the Line lately but, last time I did she was running alot with that fast navy team. I will say that I and others have seen her run 41.0's online and I have seen here win tire wear races so she's legit.

Edit: Just looked at her videos, she has both practice and online times. It looks like online is about 3 tenths slower, that 41.013 should be good for mid 41.0's.

Last edited:
Back