Best sleeper/fun car?

Getting back to the real subject...

Skylines, Evos, Miatas, and GT40s,Super Bees don't qualify as sleepers. Sleepers are cars that literally surprise you by their performance while maintaining an inconspicuous profile.

My nomination: the Nissan Stageas. These are Skylines disguised as "Soccer Mom Cars" (Very cool soccer moms at that)

I wish Nissan would see fit to bringing the Stagea to the US.

for me its definitly my mildly tuned shelby GT350, i absolutly love this car. only around 380bhp if i recall but its feels so balanced and i think it looks and sounds awesome.

I've gotta go with the Mitsu Lancer GSR Rally Car '74, It beat my 500 hp mustang's time around Nurb'.

i dont think you can but if you can plz pm me lol:sly:

you can..... i'm not at my ps2 right now but what i think you do is when you go to arcade mode you can click on the little icon at the top of the screen that looks like a memory card and it should bring it up. I don't think though that in arcade it keeps all your tuning. It returns it to stock performance wise but it does keep your suspension and wheels. I'll hafta check on it for sure tonight when i'm not working but i will let you guys know....

you can..... i'm not at my ps2 right now but what i think you do is when you go to arcade mode you can click on the little icon at the top of the screen that looks like a memory card and it should bring it up. I don't think though that in arcade it keeps all your tuning. It returns it to stock performance wise but it does keep your suspension and wheels. I'll hafta check on it for sure tonight when i'm not working but i will let you guys know....
i hope this is true

The Ginetta G4 is a crazy car - fully tuned it weighs 436kg and has 230+ HP - which can bring it to 370 kmh top speed, with my limited skills of tuning. It's a complete mess in corners, even with R4 tires, even on the test course - it's probably the most dangerous car in the game, and dangerous is fun :D

The Lotus Elise 111S is just such an easy car to drive... Not to drive well, but just to drive outragously amusing! It's easy to keep in check, but in the meantime you can do all those amazing manouvers... Drifting past an opponent on the outside of a corner is just so funny every time you manage to pull it off, which is not such a rare occasion in this car.

Mazda Cosmo is a beast. 250bhp, and then some nos and it's flying. then, old Lancer, the road version, was only ten seconds behind Amuse S2000 GT1 on Nurb..:crazy:

my best sleeper looking car is probably my lexus GS300, i think thats what its called, i'm at work so i cant check :) its got 450ish hp soft sports tyres and sports suspention. its a little soft, a fair bit of body roll etc.. but drifts beautifully and handles the ring really smooth

I'd have to say that the '92 NSX R has to be one heck of a sleeper.

True . . . NSX's aren't truely considered a sleeper car.
But I was pleasently supprised when my '92 R was running seconds faster a lap than any of my younger NSX's in my garage. (straight stock, refreshed and oil change on all models)

The only NSX that could beat it was the newest NSX R. And that was only by a little under a second.

Some other cars that I never thought much of untill I drove them:
Lotus Elan. (really nice sleeper)
Lotus Elise sport 190.
Nissan Fairlady 2000 '68
Fiat 500R. Impressive little car if you build it right.

And as mentioned above. The G4.

I took that one into the 1000 miles race. Amazing little car.

The only down side was once the frame went (needed to be refreshed) It cornered about as well as a rollerskate on ice.

I can't believe that none of you mentioned the Honda City Turbo II. It is cheap in teh historic car lot, it can be modded to over two hundred horses, yet, with it's 80s styling adn steelies, they'll never expect it to smoke them.

Alsi, teh Subaru Impreza WRX STi Spec C, I modded it up all teh way, and beat ALL of the rally events with it. I took down full spec rally cars with it.

Mcloud1
I can't believe that none of you mentioned the Honda City Turbo II. It is cheap in teh historic car lot, it can be modded to over two hundred horses, yet, with it's 80s styling adn steelies, they'll never expect it to smoke them.

That is a good car, are it's light too:tup:.

Surely a fun car to drive is the '63 Skyline deluxe and the '70 Celica GT.. a lot more, but basically all 80's and below cars are fun to drive.

definitly the 97 toyota celica. supercharge it and it makes rad power. thats not even the best part though. its the neutral handling that makes it so fast. if you get into trouble with a hot entry speed, you can convince it to oversteer back into line unusually well for a FF. try it with an untouched semi-racing suspension.

I'm sorry to revive this thread, but I have found my new favorite sleeper car...

The 79 Civic 3-Door.
1. Its light
2. Its relatively powerful
3. It doesn't look the part
4. Its loads of fun to drive.

:) Try it out!

I dont know if its mentioned, I read half of the posts without seeing a mention. My favourite handling car is the Pug 206 Rally car. It handles great and is rather fast..
Also the AE86 but thats mentioned before. Alot.

But I doubt if Peugeot 206 Rally Car could be called a sleeper?
It's much more powerful and couldn't be compared with a standard 206, or even RC.

Back