Best sounding car

• Thread starter whatbrown
  • 744 comments
458 italia or f430 scuderia (just has that high revving ferrari quality)

anyone know a car with the most high revving engine? (except f1 car)

The Caterham Fireblade. Revs all the way to 12K RPM. And the Honda S800 Race Car. I don´t remember how high the Honda goes, but its close to 12K too.

Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II is audibly unparalleled.... so far. Nice as the McLaren F1 and 787B are.. the Ford is ...biblical....

The Delta Integrale rally car has a very nice burble throughout the entire rev range. Watching BOB drive around in it right now and I'm liking the sound very much.

I've heard some serious grumblings, but you guys should check out the Mitsubishi Legnum, somehow that thing sound pretty beastly with an exhaust upgrade, just not sure which it is yet, but the AI was using it one race and it was a flyby, I had to double take. I really love the beastly Ford V8's in the GT spec I and spec II cars along with the S7. Sounds like Barry White gargling while singing inside of an empty pipe.

I use a 5.1 setup and set GT5 to small theater, large theater spreads the sounds far, but when you get close things are booming loud. Oreca Viper sounds like some sort of monster snarling at you. The McLaren F1 sounds like a demon horse neighing when you start it up. The ZZII sounds really deep and throaty too, you guys gotta hear that thing. I am just loving the sounds of many of the cars, they for the most part have serious depth and doesn't distort or sound plain wrong. Still driving around and making cars, will be back with many more treasures from the used lots.

Lexus IS-F Racing concept. Sounds so sexy and angry at the same time :)

I agree, and the look of the car is sinister too.

But that Scuderia with racing exhausts is just sick!!! shakin my head!

Last edited:
Ford GT with full race exhaust! It sounds absolutely vicious.

Also, the SL55 with Semi-Racing exhaust sounds stunning. As far as the Viper goes, my ACR is quiet... and really doesn't even sound good. That is the main reason I don't drive it much. I must be doing it wrong?

As of right now, for me it's the 69 Camaro with racing exhaust, so sexy.

Oh yes! I bought the racing modification for this beast. Then spent all my money on tuning. It sounds fantastic and with a a bit of tweaking to the set up, it's semi-drivable (but a lot of fun!).

Just love the sound of the Jensen Interceptor...(not saying it is the best in the game, but I have to admit I was quit surprised).

I Love the LFA 👍

The Caterham Fireblade. Revs all the way to 12K RPM. And the Honda S800 Race Car. I don´t remember how high the Honda goes, but its close to 12K too.

GSXR Concept ?

Monaro with Sports exhaust

787B - eargasm. Wonder if the Zonda R's sound is dampened in GT5. According to Jeremy Clarkson, even Norwegians heard it when he tested it at the track. Well, we didn't, but he continues writing about how loud it is. But the sound is magnificent when you turn the sound up. = )

Hope Zonda F will come soon, which also has a beautiful sound! Not completely like the Zonda R, but a bit more grumbling.

The Zonda C12 standard car in GT5 sounds like the Zonda F :)
Finally it sounds like a V12 powered car....

Last edited:
Noz
I Love the LFA 👍

GSXR Concept ?

Thanks for the video, I think you are the first one to actually show the "best sounding car" and not only say :D . (Unfortunately I cant just go and try the cars because im still waiting for my gt5) So all I can do to calm down a little bit is watching videos of cars that doesnt sound like ****, haha, (btw the 66 cobra is just so awesome!)

Maserati with racing exhaust (as stated in OP) sounds like a beast, add all aero parts and this is a full on racing car, minus the livery

Thanks for the video, I think you are the first one to actually show the "best sounding car" and not only say :D . (Unfortunately I cant just go and try the cars because im still waiting for my gt5) So all I can do to calm down a little bit is watching videos of cars that doesnt sound like ****, haha, (btw the 66 cobra is just so awesome!)

Here is a direct capture video of it

Nissan GT-R 07 with everything on it. Has a nice backfire. Too bad no cars have Blow off valves or external wastegates when the turbo kicks in, thatd be sick.

Blow off valves come from overpressure when you release throttle and turbo starts to stop spinning, because off it going slower the pressure that builds up needs to be released. Normal turbo intercooler cars combine that by releasing it inthere and not external, some do however, and you can definately hear it ingame as well.

When the turbo kicks in it starts to spool up, and you can hear that too.

sssssshhshhhhhshhshshshshsh and when you let go ppppshiiiiiew....

My Mazda 787B Stealth i was lucky to get with my pre-order. It sounds like world war 3 kicking off then "relaxes" into a loud "vub vub vub" sound, awesome!

The Tesla Roadster on the other hand sounds like someone woke up R2-D2 but is also awesome in its own way :)

The best sounding car I have is the BMW M5... with the racing exhaust it sounds awesome! Sounds way better than the GT-R spec V '09, '69 Camaro Z28, 458 Italia and Gallardo all with racing exhausts

So now everyone loves the in-game sound? I thought it was copping a lot of hate???
Meh, anyways, I think the sounds are awesome, especially the 787b.

Back