Best sounding car

• Thread starter whatbrown
  • 744 comments
best sounding
'69 Camaro Z/28 RM
'67 Chaparral 2D
'69 Ford GT40 Race Car

worst sounding
Sauber-Mercedes C9 - In reality, it should sound have the same sound as a NASCAR or GT40, only with a turbocharger but it ends up sounding like a V6 with a vacuum cleaner. Real disappointment when I heard it.

My experience is the second one (semi racing titanium IIRC) usually and never the full racing titanium.

It varies from car to car, buy all 3 types and run the demo from the garage.
Don't change them on track as there is a bug that prevents the sounds from changing.
Some cars sound better with sports exhaust, some with the race etc
Race tends to have more distortion

Thanks everyone
I really can't be botherd goin in and out and hearing which one is best, I usually go for the best one lol

I do care, I just can't be bothers goin into a track, then out, change the exhaust ten in again 3 times with terrible load times.
I would rather do it first shot

Ferrari 458 with Full Racing Titanium Exhaust make's me a little moist.

This, add the customisable (straight cut) gearbox and it's almost too much to contain :lol:

Honorable mentions also go out to the 787B while idling and the Veyron with the titanium exhaust

Don't change them on track as there is a bug that prevents the sounds from changing.

Indeed, some cars like the race modified Camaro sound awesome with the race exhaust, but the IS-F I race modified last night was quite a let-down to be honest.

This. It's been part of my GT habit since GT2.
The other thing to note is that the exhaust has a volume dictated by its type, so a Sports exhaust is always louder than a stock one; a racing exhaust is louder than a semi-race.

I do care, I just can't be bothers goin into a track, then out, change the exhaust ten in again 3 times with terrible load times.
I would rather do it first shot

You can do it from the garage, so it's marginally quicker. You still have to wait for the demo to load, though. I'm so disappointed there's a bug preventing the change when a location has already been loaded.

Blow off valves come from overpressure when you release throttle and turbo starts to stop spinning, because off it going slower the pressure that builds up needs to be released. Normal turbo intercooler cars combine that by releasing it inthere and not external, some do however, and you can definately hear it ingame as well.

1) The turbo never stops spinning unless you shut the car off.
2) Most factory cars with a BOV release it back into the intake before the turbo.

Interesting, can somebody post a video where we can clearly hear the turbo spool?

Buy a BMW 1-Series, do a stage 3 turbo with sport exhaust and it's heaven to the ears. 👍

I love the sound of the XJ13, won it for doing the Indy 500 and was able to use it to complete the Historic Race. I also went back to race it in all the races it was eligible for and it just Screams by the Ai's.

My Mazda 787B Stealth i was lucky to get with my pre-order. It sounds like world war 3 kicking off then "relaxes" into a loud "vub vub vub" sound, awesome!

Agreed. The sound that thing makes on fire up is amazing. I also like to shift to 5th at about 20mph, switch to chase cam and listen to it growl.

This is slighty OT, but still maybe a good chance of someone knowing the answer.

Whenever I slap a turbo on my Zonda R the engine sound disappears. All I hear is the wind noise, gear whine and rubber squeal. My sound system is not low-end by far, but its only 2.1 (not 5.1 surround). The game also knows this since I have selected stereo output, so the sound should not be hiding in non-existent channels. I have tried all three settings in the menu (living room, small theatre, large theatre. large theatre has always worked great for me).

Anyone else recognize this? It's not a huge problem since the car is really fast enough without the turbo, but it makes me wonder if I'm missing out on more sound effects in other cars where it's not as apparent.

Back