Biggest "I'm an idiot" thing you've done in GT5

• Thread starter BSpec
  • 1,176 comments
After getting incredibly frustrated by spinning out over and over again in my "brick-on-wheels" in the Supercar Nostalgia competition and spending about 500,000 on upgrades to one car and a completely new car, I realized that the tire requirement was not "Sports Hard" as I originally suspected. I changed tires and suddenly I won by like 5 seconds. D'oh!

What are your stupidest moments since you started playing GT5?

For me it's staying up all night (on a school night) doing the Tsukuba 9 hours endurance, I fell asleep in school the next day, and got in trouble! :sly:

A bad idea indeed, can't wait to get the 24Hour ones!

Accidently quit the game on a b-spec race at indy 500. I was on lap 196 out of 200. 2 and a half hours of time lost, I cursed loudly.

Plowed around 100k into a Chevelle trying to win the muscle car championship only to have the thing still turn like the Titanic in the Panama Canal

Last edited:
Build a car for a series, and I've only used it online. Then I realized cars don't log online miles so my car was never broken in so it is down on power......

Yeah, yeah! I've had similar sorts of random moments like that. Come to think of it, my whole life is like that! :lol: 👍

For me, it was when I won a lancer evo 6 or something, and i didnt like the color so i force quit, anyhow i won the same car again, and the car icon thumbnail didnt show up in my garage, i was so annoyed by this fact that i sold the car LOL :D:D

dumbest thing was this mornin was on lap 58/60 on the endurance 300km race and restarted the game.... well thats 1 less controller i own now.

I'm sitting here now, watching my B-Spec Bob race through Suzuka 1000km in the rain... He's on lap 79 out of 172 now. I have no idea how I let him start that ****..

Ugh, don't even want to say. Okay fine, I spent 2,000,000 on a car that I didn't realize I already had, AND couldn't SELL. Please, don't ask. All is well now.

Wasting 500000 credits on a NASCAR stock car when I could have got one for free by winning NASCAR special events.

I was absolutely convinced that the diff in my Shelby Cobra was a non-locking one, so I went shopping for the customizable one. Tried to find some decent settings and couldn't beat the supercars event on Nürburgring GP because all I was generating was huge angles and giant amounts of tire smoke …

And then I found out that my cobra has a locking diff already when you buy it. Went back to the standard one and finally beat all the TommyKairas and Ferrari Enzos almost easily … doh.

Spent 10 million on the ferrari f10'. Couldn't use it in a race. Go to used car lot and there the formula GT was sitting there for half price and of course I didn't have the money. Very motivating to collect another 5 million.

I was doing the Indianapolis 500 and was wondering why my Minolta was losing its rear tires and fishtailing after only 15 laps. I went into the pits and realized I put Sports Soft instead of Racing Soft.

That and buying a Lotus Elan, Mercury Cougar, and Audi Quattro from the used dealer when I ended up getting them for free with zero miles from prizes

Quit the FGT championship after winning every race in a-spec thinking ill skip suzuka since ive won all the others to find out it classified me quitting as not even racing at all :(

After 23 hours 52 minutes, at Le Sarthe, B spec bob, have a mate accidentaly hit the power off for the ps3 and the rest of the room. Long story short, I was not very happy.

Spent 450k on a Ferrari F40 because it’s a beautiful car, but utterly useless, and then selling it.

That and trying to get the Penniless trophy. Didn't even do it smart, just kept spending it on cars and parts I didn’t need without trying to even out the odd numbers…I'm back to $1 million when I could have five times that or more…

For me it was the last Top Gear challenge, the one with the kubelwagens. After an hour of trying I finally thought I was making headway and I was upto second. But then I noticed the my position was showing last and lap was 1/2 even though I had done about 5 laps! I thought there must have been some sort of bug with the game. I then realised that when the two sets of cars intersected, instead of turning through to Chicago, I had gone straight ahead through the Followthrough and was following and passing the wrong set of cars.

My dumbest moment was when i went to select my Pickup truck(which I spent days waiting to show up in the Used dealership) Instead of clicking the "Use this Vehicle" option I clicked sell, not Im without a truck for my B-Spec driver to complete the truck series. I guess thats what i get for using a 13" CRt TV to play GT5.

First place, last lap, Formula Gran Turismo Series, Last race. I thought it would be fun to Ebrake and do a 360 thru the finish line, hit the wall, lost all velocity, 4 cars pass before I line.
Guy in second with points beats me by 5.

Have not done the series since.

Thought it would be a good idea to get the "GT-R Official Record" trophy.

Went and bought a GT-R 07 and tuned it to the max....

Then read the trophy description again "The record must be achieved in time trial in the arcade mode version of the car"

Doh

I gave up on the Sebastian Loeb challenge before ever completing the course, because I just couldn't catch the ghost car ahead of me. A few days later, I learn on the forums that you aren't supposed to catch the ghost car... I promptly went and finished the courses easily in gold, ignoring the ghost car ahead of me :D

i was in a championship series race
- i won 4 out of the 5 so i decided to quit the 5th thinking i would still mathematically win
- it quit the whole series and i had to do it all over again

For me it was the last Top Gear challenge, the one with the kubelwagens. After an hour of trying I finally thought I was making headway and I was upto second. But then I noticed the my position was showing last and lap was 1/2 even though I had done about 5 laps! I thought there must have been some sort of bug with the game. I then realised that when the two sets of cars intersected, instead of turning through to Chicago, I had gone straight ahead through the Followthrough and was following and passing the wrong set of cars.

First place, last lap, Formula Gran Turismo Series, Last race. I thought it would be fun to Ebrake and do a 360 thru the finish line, hit the wall, lost all velocity, 4 cars pass before I line.
Guy in second with points beats me by 5.

Have not done the series since.

These two had me ROTFLMAO!

For me its playing a rally event forgetting that the diff is set wrong and wondering why I suddenly forgot everything I know about rally driving.

Back