Biggest "I'm an idiot" thing you've done in GT6

• Thread starter GT Fan1
  • 106 comments
I started the 24minutes of Le Mans without having purchased Wet/intermediate tires. I pitted, expecting them to be provided as in GT5 to find only Racing Hards available.

Luckily, the RHs are just as good in the wet as Heavy Wet tires for some reason.

I also have two Honda Fits now...I bought a new one for the old seasonal event because I didn't realize you could remove engine tuning levels as you couldn't in GT5.

IMO the dumbest thing I've done on my part was that I miscalculated how much fuel I needed to finish the last few laps of the 24 Minutes of Le Mans and ran out of fuel on the last lap about 4 corners from the finish line. Got overtaken by just about everyone :banghead:

2 days into the game was prompted to restore rigidity for my AE MB SLS GT3 '11...
...genius me, applied the enhance rigidity instead, car is no longer the same...
...and there is no way currently to remove or toggle it off.

Should have known better coming from GT5.

Ditto with Normalaatsra. Bought the Auto Union for the Historic Racing Car series in IB. Added more power. As it turns out, when the back wheels even think about slipping, you have nowhere near the steering lock needed to bring them back. Grinded a little while to get the Challenger Race Model, and had zero problems. Note to self; no matter what the race, Auto Union is not the answer.

On my first time doing the 24 minute of Le Mans, after the 2nd lap I thought I still a have little over 1/3 of gas left in the tank enough to finish the lap. By the I realize I made a mistake and that I really only have 1/4 gas left when I first check I was at Mulssane corner already when the gas turn red. Didn't even make it to Indianapolis before having to crawl to the pit. Also buying a Bugatti was another "idiot" moment for me.

Got busted by the cops. (oops wrong game)

Got a Fiat, Lost. Forgot tyres.

Tried to be smart in an online race and didn't pit the car while everybody else did. Finished in first place and got a 100 sec penalty... ended last. :D

Actually the first one was post #3 but I deleted it, along with all the other 'jokes' along these lines. I will continue to do so, so will everyone just stop, please? Don't have an actual in-game experience to share then jog on.
Okay for real though, one time I was dumb enough to beat the room host in his LF-A in my Ford F-150. He brought the Ban-Hammer down swift that day :P

Well, another recycled thread.

I've not been much of an idiot but I did blow all my credits on a Ford Falcon so I was broke :banghead: But X2014 grinding is great for emergencies.
Buying the Auto Union Streamliner for a set of races in technical courses. That can't even turn. 2 million down the drain.
Bought a honda nsx concept thinking I could fully tune it...waste of 1mil:tdown:
delete your save file (after copying it to USB key just to be sure) and load the backup in such cases...

Okay for real though, one time I was dumb enough to beat the room host in his LF-A in my Ford F-150. He brought the Ban-Hammer down swift that day :P
Reports these abusing hosts to Sony, isn't it a breach of their ToS to "disrupt someone's online experience"?
Kicking someone should be reserved for trolls, dirty racers, guys going the wrong way, etc... not because:

-you beat host or his friend(s) fair and square
-an assh*le who caused a wreck happens to have a mic and says you did it, prompting host to kick you not him
-host doesn't like your flag, etc

Last edited:
I started the 24minutes of Le Mans without having purchased Wet/intermediate tires. I pitted, expecting them to be provided as in GT5 to find only Racing Hards available.

Luckily, the RHs are just as good in the wet as Heavy Wet tires for some reason.

I also have two Honda Fits now...I bought a new one for the old seasonal event because I didn't realize you could remove engine tuning levels as you couldn't in GT5.
i did exactly this!
and i also have purposefully spun on the finish line... on the second last lap instead of the last... on the Red Bull standard car championship. waste of $150,000!

no matter what the race, Auto Union is not the answer.
Sole exception: Like The Wind at SSRX. Even the Veyrons and FXXs can't touch you if you don't wipe out on the curves.

I've even managed to win at SSR7 in that thing. You just have to use the parking brake on the hairpin

Back